Astros jump on Maine early, hurt Mets' playoff push

JetNation

Lance Berkman hit a three-run homer, Brandon Backe brought his best stuff to the mound and the Houston Astros roughed up John Maine early in their 8-3 victory over the New York Mets on Saturday night. mlb_news?i=lQbCLw

mlb_news?i=X07YEK mlb_news?i=B3ClTk mlb_news?i=MJ8m9k mlb_news?i=x4VZLK

More...

Maine got roughed up pretty good. No one's going to go undefeated from now till the end of next month, that's for sure. :biggrin:

Maine got roughed up pretty good. No one's going to go undefeated from now till the end of next month, that's for sure. :biggrin:

Whys isn't anybody in the press asking the Mets how John Mine went seamlessly from rotator cuff tendinitis to a bone spur in the shoulder? Are they lying to us or is the medical staff that incompetent? I suspect a little of both. The boobs in the press haven't commented. In fact, John Harper was writing about how his injury might have something to do with Peterson no longer being the pitching coach, how he used to see that Maine got extra rest during the season. Huh? He hasn't bothered to retract that, now that the diagnosis has myteriously changed. I seriously doubt that a pitching coach can cause a bone spur. After the Church fiasco, I would believe any and all negatives about these bozos.

Archived