Live Chat With Boland 11-11:30

jetsrule128

hey JR see if you can find out who we're cutting to make room for Feely and if it may mean Nugent goes on one of those 6 week IR deals

it was just asked

he answered

to address the cut: not to dodge that question but today is the player's off day so my guess is that won't come until tomorrow . I know a lot of Jets fans would like to see it be David Barrett but that's not going to happen. as for Nugent, i suspect the injury might be something that's going to keep him sidelined for a while. He might be a candidate for IR but that's purely speculation on my part

it was just asked

he answered

to address the cut: not to dodge that question but today is the player's off day so my guess is that won't come until tomorrow . I know a lot of Jets fans would like to see it be David Barrett but that's not going to happen. as for Nugent, i suspect the injury might be something that's going to keep him sidelined for a while. He might be a candidate for IR but that's purely speculation on my part

no way not Barrett-I've been thinking about him since Sunday JR. Clearly Eric Smith was having trouble covering Miami's TE's and as #36 was playing some safety this summer I figure we're gonna need him against Ben Watson Sunday-I hope Mangini uses him b/c a potential weak spot has been exposed

no way not Barrett-I've been thinking about him since Sunday JR. Clearly Eric Smith was having trouble covering Miami's TE's and as #36 was playing some safety this summer I figure we're gonna need him against Ben Watson Sunday-I hope Mangini uses him b/c a potential weak spot has been exposed

Barrettwon't be cut. It wouldn't make sense. 1) He took a paycut. 2) He's a vested vet, his salary is guaranteed for the season now anyway.

Who do you think the jets will cut in order to have the roster spot for Jay Feely

11:27 brian c, we had the question earlier and I still don't have an answer! I think, depending on the severity of his injury, nugent could end up on IR but, again, that's me speculating.

At least I was able to get through

here's how it looks like it's shaking out folks; If Feely suits up and plays well it immediately puts Nugent's job in jeopardy-if he sucks Sunday there may be more of a sense of urgency for #1 to return-don't blow it Jay...this could be a great season to latch onto....

Archived