Cotchery on WFAN - 11:00

PhinHater

Typing as it goes so i apologize for any typos...

Joe started right in about the pass interference play. Cotch said it was a jump ball situation and it was the ref's call.

About NE's Defense: Said they did some things like double teaming him - double coles at the same time. Said there were some oppurtunities to come out with big plays.

Asked about taking NE lightly cuz Brady is not in the game: Cotch says not at all. Said no one was over confident.

First Drive of the Game: About the missed field goal Cotch said it didn't take any air out of them and they felt like they could come right back out and do the same thing. Man, he sounds down.

About the 3 straight runs at the goal line: Said it was a big turning point if they got 7 points and it would have given them momentum. Saying they were running very well and he had a lot of confidence in the running game. Said they would do it again because they have a lot of confidence in their running game. (ugh - i didnt like that response). Saying there were big holes the entire game.

Asked if he wanted to see a fade to #89 in the back of the endzone. Typical response...weren't able to do that...our running game was solid etc. Said Brett felt the same way about the 3 running plays.

Asked if Brett is starting to feel comfortable with the offense and teammates: Said everyone jokes with him and he is very comfortable. Said each and every day he gets better on the playbook. Said he thinks everything will only get better.

Grrr....some lady walked in my office and i gotta run....

Joe asked him about the pass interference called on Cotch: It was a tough call a judgement call. He looked at the film, they were trying to box each other out, it was a jump ball. It was a big moment that changed the game.

What did New England do to shut you down? They did a good job, lots of double coverage for LC and Cotch. The Jets had opportunities but didn't take advantage.

Did the Jets take the Patriots lightly without Brady? No, the Jets are confident but they didn't take them lightly.

1st drive of the game. Jets are moving the ball, try to settle for 3. How much air is taken out of sails with the miss by Feely? You want to put points on the board, but no air was lost, they felt good about the way they moved the ball on the drive.

3 goal line runs? Big turning point. They were running the ball well, a score would have been a big turning point. They have confidence in the line and the way they run the ball. He said he doesn't disagree with the calls at all and coach would probably do it again the same way.

One fade to 89 in the back of the end zone? Everyone felt confident on the sidelines that they could punch the ball in.

What was Brett's reaction? He wasn't disappointed at all. He felt the same way, we have good running backs.

Brett has 2 regular season games. Is he now comfortable with the offense and teammates? Is he one of the guys? Yes everyone jokes around with him in the locker room. He is working hard at it as everyone tries to get on the same page. Have to correct things and get better.

Coach is getting heat. How is he responding after a difficult loss? He is the same guy with the same approach each and every day. He feels good about this team. Cotch said to the fans, they have lots of veterans and they will get better.

Chansi Stuckey making big plays. How about his development? He works hard and has done a great job. An example for the young guys to look up to because of the way he prepares week in and out.

Brett creates plays even when you think the play is over. Does it change things for receivers? You are going to have an opportunity because he keeps the play alive. You can get more yards as a receiver, just find an open lane and get open.

Can Brett change plays at the line of scrimmage whenever he wants? Yes he can. He does a good job of communicating with the offense. We are getting better as an offense.

Was this a lost opportunity to beat the Patriots without Brady? We look at it as a lost opportunity because of how hard we work as a team. We need to translate that work to a win, so a loss is disappointing.

San Diego on the West Coast - Monday Night. The Chargers are 0 and 2 and got hurt by the officials, they are desperate, thoughts? It will be a tough battle, they had 2 tough losses. They have veterans and great talent. The Jets know what kind of game they are going to get. Have things to correct before the game.

West coast trips - disadvantage? Tough going to the coast, the coaches research it and hopefully it will pay off.

Jerricho can you punt? He laughs. No I can't punt at all.

Place kicking? Nah, I can't kick either. Laughs.

How much does it tick you off because punting and kicking hurt your chances of beating the Patriots? I didn't see the missed kick or punt. We have a lot of confidence in Graham, he is a good punter and will turn it around. Jay kicked well for the Dolphins last year.

They told him he was the nicest guy for saying that.

Archived