Manny quit on the Sox...

NIGHT STALKER

Ortiz was asked Wednesday if Ramirez quit on the Red Sox last season.

"Well, to tell you the truth, it was something going down between the Red Sox and Manny Ramirez that I can never really break that down for you because there's some personal reasons that he has with our owners and I never got to the bottom of it, and [he's] got his feelings," Ortiz said. "You know, Manny was, he got to the point that he really wanted to get to play for someone else."

Translation...Manny quit on the Sox!

Ortiz was asked Wednesday if Ramirez quit on the Red Sox last season.

"Well, to tell you the truth, it was something going down between the Red Sox and Manny Ramirez that I can never really break that down for you because there's some personal reasons that he has with our owners and I never got to the bottom of it, and [he's] got his feelings," Ortiz said. "You know, Manny was, he got to the point that he really wanted to get to play for someone else."

Translation...Manny quit on the Sox!

And yet the Sox got knocked then and still get knocked for trading him.

First, there is no replacing his talent (hit for average and power) unless A-Rod or Pujols comes to Bah-ston.

Second, I believe the Sox have adopted a Belichick like mantra. When Manny was a great hitter, it was easier to deal with his nuttiness. When he seemed intent on only being a .300 and 20 homerun guy for Boston he becomes expendable.

Archived