The BIG 3 BAILOUT

Fishooked

I think it's a hilarious joke, but it's pretty off-base. I agree with ya #27. The problem isn't at all with the cars that GM makes but their business model. Back about 10 years ago Ford held something like a quarter of the market and posted the better half of 10 billion in net profit. Some could say that it was because they weren't investing enough in future R&D, but these stats clearly show you how much potential that GM has.

The thing that really hurt GM, was the sky rocket of oil to 140 dollars a barrel and the fact that they were just so damn large. The market moves and moved far to quickly for GM to shift the focus away from the Trucks and SUVs and towards the more compact cars.

I was actually hoping they would be able to go bankrupt, cut the fat so-to speak, and come back with a more lean and consumer driven market plan. If they were able to do this I would guarantee GM would be back to dominating the market.

This bankruptcy idea brings a bunch of new questions (although their ties don't spread as far as they used to) although it's a moot point considering the bailout.

I was actually hoping they would be able to go bankrupt, cut the fat so-to speak, and come back with a more lean and consumer driven market plan. If they were able to do this I would guarantee GM would be back to dominating the market.

Between that and school vouchers, it would be the death knell of a certain political party in America, and they are not about to let that happen.

(And yes, the other political party is a big pile o' sh*t, too, so no crybabies need respond to defend their beloved Harry, Nancy, Barry and Barney):lol:.

Archived