Dine out For America

GM

I know this should go in the Lounge section, But please make it a sticky!!

I work For Darden ( Smokey Bones, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, Bahama Breeze, Seasons 52), and only can verify they are participating.My wife works at the Restaurant Support Center and this is an e-mail she just received...This from Clarence Otis, C.E.O

Following Hurricane Katrina, Darden Restaurants employees across North America are reaching out to help Gulf coast victims of this unprecedented natural disaster. I am proud that, yet again, the people in our organization have responded with so many acts of kindness.

One of the great advantages of a company with our culture and size is the tremendous power and good we can bring to bear in a time of crisis. Together, we do make a difference.

I am asking that after the Labor Day holiday, everyone in the restaurants and the Restaurant Support Center focus on two company-wide initiatives designed to make a big difference in the lives of our employees, friends and neighbors in the Gulf coast region.

* First ... Helping Employees

Next week we will kick off a three-week Darden Dimes campaign to raise funds specifically to help the many Darden family members harmed by Hurricane Katrina; and

* Second ... Helping Communities

On October 5, 2005, we will be a leader in "Dine Out for America" ... a national campaign to raise money in all of our restaurants for communities devastated by the storm.

Our restaurants in the affected areas are already providing assistance to those involved in local relief efforts. Now we can help them by focusing on these two national initiatives.

We are asking that local restaurants across North America coordinate all other relief activities with their Directors to avoid the chance that any efforts, though well intentioned, may wind up hurting the guest experience or be misunderstood by our guests and the public.

By focusing as a team on these two powerful opportunities, we will contribute real, long-term relief for the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Please look for additional details next week.

Please, come out to dine on October 5th!!!!!

• 1 month later...

Successful night tonite. Our restauant will be donating $11,000 to the Red Cross...If you take that as an average, there are over 1300 Darden restaurants nationwide, so that is about $14,300,000!!

Archived