Mets camp report: Santana well suited for New York pressure cooker

JetNation

That's a good list. I'm not sure if you listed the pitchers in numerical order, but if you did I would put Maddox at the bottom of the list. Pedro is probably the best pitcher of this era. I don't like the guy, but he had crazy stuff.

Even though he is closer I would put Mariano on that list. He's been the best closer in baseball since 1997. That is an unbelievably long time for a closer to be effective. There will never be another Mariano Rivera.

I would agree with you that Santana is better than CC.

You would have to have Smoltz in that list.

What he did as both a starter and reliever, and his playoff record puts him up in that group. At least for the period discussed

You would have to have Smoltz in that list.

What he did as both a starter and reliever, and his playoff record puts him up in that group. At least for the period discussed

True. I would probably put him ahead of Maddox.

Santana was filthy last night in going 7 innings. He is always a very slow starter so if he gets out of the gate quickly this year we may see another CY Young added to his resume.

Murphy also had another 3 hits.

He is hitting .357 with four doubles, two triples, 10 runs, 11 RBI and one stolen base in 22 spring games.

KRod did what he always does in putting a runner or two on base before getting back to back K's and a pop out.

Archived