Yankees place Nady on DL, say injury is serious

JetNation

New York Yankees right-fielder Xavier Nady will be put on the disabled list with a right elbow injury and could be sidelined for an extended period.

emailthis.png delicious.gif digg.gif facebook.gif

img.phdo?p=1

More...

I wanted the Rays to bring in either Nady or Bay last year but you know what? I'm glad we passed on Nady. I'll never root for a player to get injured but I wont lie, I think it's safe to say that the loss of Nady WILL hurt this Yankees team and I wont complain.

I wanted the Rays to bring in either Nady or Bay last year but you know what? I'm glad we passed on Nady. I'll never root for a player to get injured but I wont lie, I think it's safe to say that the loss of Nady WILL hurt this Yankees team and I wont complain.

Injuries suck but clearing out some of the OF-DH log jam will help guys like Swisher and Matsui in that they'll get more consistent AB's. If the Yanks had planned on signing Tex they would not have had the abundance of OF-DH types that they did b4 this injury.

Position Player: Juan Miranda

Pitcher: Aceves or Melancon

You think Miranda? I dunno. He's a young kid who's off to a hot start. I think they keep playing him every day in AAA. Maybe another utility guy like Berroa?

Michael Kay is saying he's out for the season.

That could hurt the Yankees in the long run, Swisher will now get more playing time but still...There was a reason why the Yankees went after Nady last year and as a Rays fan...I wanted Nady over Bay because of his defensive ability. In MY EYES...This would be like the Rays losing either a Gabe Gross type of player but it's obvious Nady has a better overall game than Gross and the Rays already lost a talented up and coming OF in Perez and really...Perez could have been special for the Rays in the same types of ways that Nady could have helped this Yankees team.

That could hurt the Yankees in the long run, Swisher will now get more playing time but still...There was a reason why the Yankees went after Nady last year and as a Rays fan...I wanted Nady over Bay because of his defensive ability. In MY EYES...This would be like the Rays losing either a Gabe Gross type of player but it's obvious Nady has a better overall game than Gross and the Rays already lost a talented up and coming OF in Perez and really...Perez could have been special for the Rays in the same types of ways that Nady could have helped this Yankees team.

When healthy, Bay has better defense than Nady, other than arm strength. The only reason to want Nady over Bay is because Bay would have cost more in a trade.

Archived