Ranking The NFL Head Coaches

YJF

Now do you see the challenge in taking over new teams and why it should be held as a higher accomplishment than just winning with the same staff and players?

1) Parcells has only won superbowls with one team.

2) Parcells has used heavy credit-carding to provide significant advantages in the short term at the expense of his teams futures.... futures he skips town to avoid.

3) His tenure in New England was 0-1 in the playoffs with two other losing seasons until Belichick came on board and they went to the superbowl. His tenure in Dallas without Parcells has been 0-1 in the playoffs with another losing season.

Not much to brag about, IMO.

1) Parcells has only won superbowls with one team.

2) Parcells has used heavy credit-carding to provide significant advantages in the short term at the expense of his teams futures.... futures he skips town to avoid.

3) His tenure in New England was 0-1 in the playoffs with two other losing seasons until Belichick came on board and they went to the superbowl. His tenure in Dallas without Parcells has been 0-1 in the playoffs with another losing season.

Not much to brag about, IMO.

I think Smizz is right you have been reading the idiots on kffl a tad too much.

BTW, What is BB's record without Romeo?

What's with all these "Records without people?"

Here's one: What's Wannstedt's record without Bill Belichik?

Answer: Nobody gives a sht

It's relevent when a head coach (Parcells) has only had significant success when his defense was being run by a future hall of fame coach who would later go on to win 3 superbowls.

Trust me, if Crennel wins 3 SBs in cleveland and Belichick never wins another PLAYOFF GAME, you'd better BELIEVE I'll be acknowledging that casts serious doubt on Belichick.

It's relevent when a head coach (Parcells) has only had significant success when his defense was being run by a future hall of fame coach who would later go on to win 3 superbowls.

Trust me, if Crennel wins 3 SBs in cleveland and Belichick never wins another PLAYOFF GAME, you'd better BELIEVE I'll be acknowledging that casts serious doubt on Belichick.

It's not relevant, it is rediculous.

I was mostly referring to the add-on ones that were getting absurd. The Parcells-BB argument is always an interesting one, and that's the only one I tend to agree should be noted. Because Parcell really does not do all too well without BB.

However, it's all about the years you look at as well. If I talk about the 1999 Jet season and the Cowboys 2003 season, I can also make the argument that BB held Parcells back. I dont neccesarily believe that, but it wasnt like Parcells has never been remotely successful outside of BB and it isnt like he was totally succesful with BB. So it makes you wonder if BB was the reason for Parcells only Super Bowl, because it seemed like BB got better as the years went on, yet never won a Super Bowl as Parcells DC.

it wasnt like Parcells has never been remotely successful outside of BB and it isnt like he was totally succesful with BB. So it makes you wonder if BB was the reason for Parcells only Super Bowl, because it seemed like BB got better as the years went on, yet never won a Super Bowl as Parcells DC.

I agree that Belichick/Parcells is really the only relevent one. Was it Lombardi or his coordinators.... uh... yeah.... was it Paul Brown or his waterboy.... uh.... right...

If Crennel wins some superbowls then Crennel/Belichick may be a relevent one, particularly if Belichick has little success.

Parcells best season without Belichick was 10-6 with New England and losing 13-20 in the first round of the playoffs.... to Belichick's Browns (I consider that better than the Dallas season because there was a bigger playoff loss that yeare, also in the first round).

We're talking degrees here: Parcells is a hell of a coach and deserves that HoF induction he'll eventually get....

Archived