Affliction Trilogy Cancelled

JoeC36

Affliction Trilogy Canceled

Seal Beach, California(July 24, 2009)- The highly anticipated fight between Fedor Emelianenko and Josh Barnett at the Affliction Trilogy MMA show has been cancelled. The mega fight was scheduled to take place at the Honda Center in Anaheim on August 1st. The unforeseen license denial of Josh Barnett gave Affliction limited time to find a replacement and adequately promote the new main event.

"Finding an opponent for the number one ranked MMA heavy weight champion in such a short period of time was a huge endeavor and I'm thrilled at the amount of fighters willing to take on this challenge," said Tom Atencio, vice president of Affliction Entertainment. "But in the end, we just didn't have enough time to promote a new fight to our standards."

Affliction is deeply disappointed that the under card is also cancelled through no fault of its own. Affliction stands behind the company's brands and delivers premium products to the most passionate and loyal customers. Affliction's first priority is to ensure that all future events live up to the company's high standards.

Ticket holders for the canceled event should contact Ticketmaster or ticketmaster.com for a refund.

http://sports.sho.com/affliction-trilogy-canceled-release.html

Affliction is one step closer to closing up shop. Rumor has it they are might sell out to Strikeforce but at this point thats only a rumor.

4HCrew posted on his FB page that Affliction was bought out by the UFC.

He's right. Affliction and UFC made up and Affliction is once again a sponser of the UFC. It is still unclear if the UFC has the right to the Affliction fighter contracts. Some sources say they do, but Dana White has said they dont. so IDK

He's right. Affliction and UFC made up and Affliction is once again a sponser of the UFC. It is still unclear if the UFC has the right to the Affliction fighter contracts. Some sources say they do, but Dana White has said they dont. so IDK

Interesting. What I read in regards to the contracts was that the fighters who wanted to opt to stay with the UFC would be accepted as such but were still free to choose to go to another promotion if they chose to. Hopefully this means they can sign FEDOR!!!!

Interesting. What I read in regards to the contracts was that the fighters who wanted to opt to stay with the UFC would be accepted as such but were still free to choose to go to another promotion if they chose to. Hopefully this means they can sign FEDOR!!!!

I hope they do and Dana has said that if Fedor is signed his first fight is Lesnar.

I think that Fedor will fight in the UFC because Dana is going hard after him. Its just a matter of the UFC cooperating with Fedors demands.

Archived