Week 12: Jets (Home) vs Panthers 11/29

• 2 months later...
Really? Why not? I know they suck, but its still a god time, especially if you don't have to cook for 60 people, lol

Long story, I don't have tickets to this game. And buying them just isn't worth it.

Since 1988 I think I have missed 3 games: Wedding, 1 during the Kotite Years when my son was very little and I just had enough and another one a few years ago I had to work.

This will be # 4. But it will be a test run for next year since right now I am without tickets for 2010 anyhow.

I would LOVE to do that but it takes a lot longer than the 4 hours I have in the lot to make it. I wish i could go up there the night before and set up some smokers.

Handy trick if you have a vacuum sealer... smoke the pork butts in advance and pull them (I add a finishing sauce of cider vinegar/crushed red pepper/sugar as I pull). Let the meat cool and then put them in the Food Saver bags and seal them. Toss them in the fridge or freezer and reheat by dropping the bags directly in hot water until they come up to temp, which doesn't take too long.

I've done this for tailgates in the past and the meat stays quite moist and doesn't lose any of the flavor, nor does it ruin the bark. Pork butt/shoulder is definitely the smoke meat that withstands reheating the best.

• 4 weeks later...

No I don't think they will.ESPN does their best to controls the NFL and they show no love to the Panthers.I know they have a very good team .I was at that heart breaking win over my Chargers.People will have to recognize when they get into the playoffs as a number 2 seed.

Archived