JETS PSLs

insidejets

Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time

• Yes
    • No

Its amazing the depths these ticket broker will sink. And I'm sorry, but any "Jet fan" that signs up for multiple message boards and posts almost exclusively on the PSL/ticket subject (and I'm looking at you too ROJF) stinks of being a broker (or having some sort of agenda).

I am not a ticket broker. In fact I was banned for life from JI's thead for anti-PSL statements, mere mention of my name will get you banned over there.

My section by section by analysis of PSL sales a few months ago was not nice at all.

In fact my only pro-psl statements are in the 2.5k-10k PSL seats if you get top 10% of seats in a section and you like going to a game and being in good seats is important than it may be worthwhile as long as you check stubhub sales and see if you can at least breakeven when you can't go.

That said using my backwards L theory for lets say a LGL seat first few rows and on the aisle towards higher priced section back to row 30 only seats that make sense to buy. The other 90% of tickets forget about.

Hardly makes me a PSL rep, I have two seats in new stadium that I plan on using. BTW a lot of people thanked me who bought 4k, 5k PSLs as I was able to get them the proof they needed to downgrade to 2.5k seats without adding seats. Something Jets were refusing to do. I would too, half the commision and lots of paperwork.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My post was my opinion, which I stand by, but the Jets never told me that future reductions will not be passed along to those who already bought. That said, tickets are already avialable for well below face value, making the PSls for the entire lower tier worthless.

so "pretty much told me" was just a total fabrication ?

According to my very credible sources, the Jets will be giving away the rest of the tickets to the homeless. Also giving them away to Patriot fans who are already jumping ship and going back to being whatever they were prior to 2001/2002.

My Grandfather who is diagnosed Alzheimer's told me so.

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a ticket broker. In fact I was banned for life from JI's thead for anti-PSL statements, mere mention of my name will get you banned over there.

My section by section by analysis of PSL sales a few months ago was not nice at all.

In fact my only pro-psl statements are in the 2.5k-10k PSL seats if you get top 10% of seats in a section and you like going to a game and being in good seats is important than it may be worthwhile as long as you check stubhub sales and see if you can at least breakeven when you can't go.

That said using my backwards L theory for lets say a LGL seat first few rows and on the aisle towards higher priced section back to row 30 only seats that make sense to buy. The other 90% of tickets forget about.

Hardly makes me a PSL rep, I have two seats in new stadium that I plan on using. BTW a lot of people thanked me who bought 4k, 5k PSLs as I was able to get them the proof they needed to downgrade to 2.5k seats without adding seats. Something Jets were refusing to do. I would too, half the commision and lots of paperwork.

Interesting rowone. I somewhow missed your post a while back. The problem is, Jets management and those who work for them are all over the message boards posting misinformation and trying to get the public to think people like you and me are ticket brokers when we are not. Your analysis is spot on. 10% of the PSLs might be worth something and pretty much the entire lower tier is worthless. Most people dont, or cant understand why.

My rep has called me 10 times over the past 1 year plus, first telling me the seats he was offering were the best left. Then, puff, a year later better seats are available.

Simply put, PSls for most of the lower tier are worthless. Many of the seats are already avilable for below face not including the PSL, so why would I pay for a PSL and then possibly get relegated to parking 10 miles away from the stadium.

People dont seem to understand that superbowl or not, PSLs are a total waste of money for any fan or coporation.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting rowone. I somewhow missed your post a while back. The problem is, Jets management and those who work for them are all over the message boards posting misinformation and trying to get the public to think people like you and me are ticket brokers when we are not. Your analysis is spot on. 10% of the PSLs might be worth something and pretty much the entire lower tier is worthless. Most people dont, or cant understand why.

My rep has called me 10 times over the past 1 year plus, first telling me the seats he was offering were the best left. Then, puff, a year later better seats are available.

Simply put, PSls for most of the lower tier are worthless. Many of the seats are already avilable for below face not including the PSL, so why would I pay for a PSL and then possibly get relegated to parking 10 miles away from the stadium.

People dont seem to understand that superbowl or not, PSLs are a total waste of money for any fan or coporation.

My rep just called me for the 11th time checking to see if was interested in anything in the lower tier. This is officially ugly as pretty much all of the fans and interested businesses have realized that after factoring in the cost of a PSL, which is worthless since it only declines in value over time, you can buy almost any seat to any game for well below what the Jets are offering.

PSLs are officially dead.

My rep just called me for the 11th time checking to see if was interested in anything in the lower tier. This is officially ugly as pretty much all of the fans and interested businesses have realized that after factoring in the cost of a PSL, which is worthless since it only declines in value over time, you can buy almost any seat to any game for well below what the Jets are offering.

PSLs are officially dead.

It's like going to a time share pitch and buying one. :rolleyes:

Take a look in the divorced classifieds, and see how many you could buy for less than half price. B)

• 3 weeks later...

It's like going to a time share pitch and buying one. :rolleyes:

Take a look in the divorced classifieds, and see how many you could buy for less than half price. B)

Other interesting news.....

I was told by a season ticket holder that his friend just completed a quiet behind the scenes negotiation with the Jets in which the Jets lowered the face value of the tickets to make a deal.

This means the free market is in play and all PSls and face value prices of tickets are open for negotiation. The Jets have finall capitulated and realized that most people have figured out that PSLs are essentially worthless and not saleable for any real value the moment after you buy one.

If you are looking to gauge the market, make an offer of 20-25% below face value for tickets and 75-90% off the current PSl price offerings. This is probably close to where the real values are at the moment.

Other interesting news.....

I was told by a season ticket holder that his friend just completed a quiet behind the scenes negotiation with the Jets in which the Jets lowered the face value of the tickets to make a deal.

This means the free market is in play and all PSls and face value prices of tickets are open for negotiation. The Jets have finall capitulated and realized that most people have figured out that PSLs are essentially worthless and not saleable for any real value the moment after you buy one.

If you are looking to gauge the market, make an offer of 20-25% below face value for tickets and 75-90% off the current PSl price offerings. This is probably close to where the real values are at the moment.

That's how it works. Like I said go to a time share pitch, they start at $32k, before it's over their at $15k for a 2 bedroom, on a special deal where there's supposedly only 2 left.

They try and trick you into thinking, if the finance company is lending $32k on these, and I get an even better suite for $15k, I'm way ahead of the game.

What people don't realize is they guarantee the loan, meaning they buy back any defaults, and just throw it back into the pool.

So there are always "only 2 left" and the values are not real, but totally manipulated.

Now check the classifeds, you can get the same thing for $7-9k, and there's plenty of them listed. It's a sham!

I would not be surprised one bit, if teams do the same thing with PSL's, nor will I be when their in the classifieds for a huge discount.

Divorce rates are sky high, so are foreclosures, bankruptcy and unemployment. The economy sucks, these things are the first to go, if/when the sh*t hits the fan.

You'll always be able to get them on the secondary market for about 1/2 of what you would buying them direct.

For those that paid full price for everything YOU GOT SCREWED. The NYJETS are giving away games,lowering prices and offering free parking. Id be really pissed if I paid full price. Just sayin....

I am feeling pretty good about the LL at $2,500. One section over from me is 5k. I am close to the exit and parking is nearby. Very glad I waited.

I am feeling pretty good about the LL at $2,500. One section over from me is 5k. I am close to the exit and parking is nearby. Very glad I waited.

Good things come to those that wait. Im sure more good deals are in the works for the final push to sell the remaining seats.

It feels good that Revis is back!!! Makes me feel even better about being in the Stadium in a week to watch the Jets beat the Ravens. Its going to be an amazing experience and next I get to watch the Jets vs Pats!!!! Much much better then sitting on my couch watching them win on some 50 inch 3d tv, I actually get to sit next to some Raven and Pats fans and do a whole lot of trash talking!

Archived