JETS PSLs

insidejets

Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Did you know PSLs are leased,not purchased, and ultimately decline in value over time

• Yes
    • No

Your crusade against PSL's would have been better LAST YEAR before anyone bought them.

Not after most of the stadium is sold.

And most people by this point have already decided whether or not they're buying. You're not blazing any new trails here.

I dont care if Woody sells all of his PSL's or not. I dont care if other people know how PSL's work. If they're stupid enough to buy something before knowing all of the ins and outs than thats their problem. I dont care what my fellow JN members blow their money on. I told the Jets no. Ive moved on with my life.

Your points are well taken but you are somewhat incorrect. There are still loads of PSLs available in the bottom tier and the Jets are desperate to sell them. Plenty of CLUB and other PSLs available.

I know most here have already made their decision, but for those who have not or have friends that might decide to buy in, I just wanted to provide them with an accurate real cost analysis.

If you want to go to one game during the year, it is true that it is possible you might pay more than face value. If, however, you want to go to all, or most of the Jets regular season home games, and sit in soem fo the better seats, it is defntely cheaper to buy them elsewhere and not go the PSl route.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The secondary market is why I'll never do season tickets again...

If I ever wanted to sell my tickets last year I would have had to sell them at a loss. Until Week 17 there was no demand. And week 17 was the only game I was excited to go to the 2nd half of last season.

So as I see it, if the demand on the secondary market is high enough to where the prices exceed face, the game will be worth spending the money for. And I'll get that money back, buying when the demand is low and tickets are selling well under face.

Hell you could show up at the parking lot and buy upperdecks for 50$ anytime you want.

Your points are well taken but you are somewhat incorrect. There are still loads of PSLs available in the bottom tier and the Jets are desperate to sell them. Plenty of CLUB and other PSLs available.

I know most here have already made their decision, but for those who have not or have friends that might decide to buy in, I just wanted to provide them with an accurate real cost analysis.

If you want to go to one game during the year, it is true that it is possible you might pay more than face value. If, however, you want to go to all, or most of the Jets regular season home games, and sit in soem fo the better seats, it is defntely cheaper to buy them elsewhere and not go the PSl route.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523

Again... People have had over a year to decide if they want to buy PSL's. They need you to tell them its not a good deal?? Please. After all this time if people havent been able to figure out if its a good deal or not, then they are idiots. This info would have been great when PSL's were initially released. Heck, this info WAS around when PSL's were first available.

And there is more to being a season ticket holder than just going to every game. I loved sitting in my same seats with the same people week after week, year after year. If I was sitting in random seats every week, the experience would have been less exciting for me and definitely not worth the $100 I was paying the past few years. You cant tell someone what a reasonable cost is for them to tolerate. Yeah, for you maybe its not worth it, but for 50,000 people it will be. You cant put a price on the experience.

And if I lived in NY and could afford season tickets and PSL's, yes I would have bought PSL's even though I know exactly how much it was costing me. The "value" of a PSL means nothing to me since I would plan on being a season ticket holder for the next 20 years, which will be about the life for that stadium. I hate PSL's and what they stand for. I hate the money grab all professional sports teams have put us through. But I love game day SUnday. I love tailgating. I love the people around me.

Stop trying to think you're some crusader correcting the ills of society that Woody has thrust upon us. You're like me. Your bitter over this entire thing and no longer want to be taken as a sucker. You've had enough of this crap. Got it. You dont like it. But guess what? Plenty of other people do. Stop trying to tell others to be like you. Stop telling people how and where to spend their money. If you think they are being taken for suckers, thats their problem. Not yours or mine.

The secondary market is why I'll never do season tickets again...

If I ever wanted to sell my tickets last year I would have had to sell them at a loss. Until Week 17 there was no demand. And week 17 was the only game I was excited to go to the 2nd half of last season.

So as I see it, if the demand on the secondary market is high enough to where the prices exceed face, the game will be worth spending the money for. And I'll get that money back, buying when the demand is low and tickets are selling well under face.

Hell you could show up at the parking lot and buy upperdecks for 50$ anytime you want.

Who the heck wants to scalp tickets and sit in the upper deck? Might as well stay home and watch on TV.

and, well... we kinda sucked for most of the year and the economy was dogsh!t. Plus with the amount of season ticket holders who constantly sold their seats it had a flooded market. Now that most of those "fans" are not PSL holders, the secondary market will have a lot less available.

I dont expect the secondary market will be very cheap this year. Especially against Miami, NE, Balt, GB and Minny. Buff, Hou and Cincy will have moderately priced seats.

A friend of mine bought PSLs in the lower end zone last week. He gets pre game field passes for a game or two (I forget what he said) plus an autographed Mark Sanchez football.

Looks like they are sweetening the pot.

A friend of mine bought PSLs in the lower end zone last week. He gets pre game field passes for a game or two (I forget what he said) plus an autographed Mark Sanchez football.

Does that football come with a certificate of authenticity? If so that is a pretty sweet deal!

They have already changed some ticket prices and yes, they are sweetening the pot with little things all the time.

The bottom line is, there are loads of PSLs left and they are easily purchaed at below face value already.

The Jets are desperate and scrambling to sell what they have.

All we have to do is continue to hold out. Depsite misinformation from management, the Jets are in huge trouble with the remaining PSLs.

Chris Mortensen totally keyed into it with a little sarcasm a few weeks ago.

ESPN wouldnt dare go public with the truth about the real cost of seats for fans buying PSLs, but Moretensen said it all that night.

They are a lousy investment and rabid season ticket oriented fans can go to games for far less than what the Jets are oferring us right now.

Spread the word and hold out and watch the remaining PSls come down even further in price.

PSLs suck. But I had row one seats last year (really row two because of front row club) and went to UD. Then Jets came up with the 6K TC seats and I sucked it up and bought row three seats. I put nothing down and fee (extortion) is $1,200 a year for my pair.

Jets did not make me do it I had PSL free seats next year. Bottom line wife said to me you will be miserable in those crappy UD seats so if you want to pay an extra $30 buckets a ticket go for it as long as you relaized there is a good chance you just threw 12K out the window. BTW it is impposible to make money off a PSL. Lets say stadium has a 30 year life span and you bought two 15K seats for 30K, year two worth 29, year three worth 28, year four worth 27, year five worth 26 etc etc. People in their 40's who bought PSLs to pass to their children are nuts. 25 years from now when you stop going to games and stadium has 5-10 years left PSLs are going to be going for peanuts. They don't transfer to new stadium.

My PSL purchase is like joining a country club or buying a new car even though you know it is going to depreciate 10K on the first day.

In the end I wanted to be close to field, somewhat on sideline in first few rows and cheapest way to do it was a 6k PSL. I did not buy a 4k PSL as you know what I am half way to UD at that point anyhow so I might as well sit for free!

PSLs suck. But I had row one seats last year (really row two because of front row club) and went to UD. Then Jets came up with the 6K TC seats and I sucked it up and bought row three seats. I put nothing down and fee (extortion) is $1,200 a year for my pair.

Jets did not make me do it I had PSL free seats next year. Bottom line wife said to me you will be miserable in those crappy UD seats so if you want to pay an extra $30 buckets a ticket go for it as long as you relaized there is a good chance you just threw 12K out the window. BTW it is impposible to make money off a PSL. Lets say stadium has a 30 year life span and you bought two 15K seats for 30K, year two worth 29, year three worth 28, year four worth 27, year five worth 26 etc etc. People in their 40's who bought PSLs to pass to their children are nuts. 25 years from now when you stop going to games and stadium has 5-10 years left PSLs are going to be going for peanuts. They don't transfer to new stadium.

My PSL purchase is like joining a country club or buying a new car even though you know it is going to depreciate 10K on the first day.

In the end I wanted to be close to field, somewhat on sideline in first few rows and cheapest way to do it was a 6k PSL. I did not buy a 4k PSL as you know what I am half way to UD at that point anyhow so I might as well sit for free!

Great post and one of the best I have read on this topic. You said it all perfectly. It is like a country club purchase. You realize it will ultimately be worth zip and thats fine since you didnt drop $50K on the deal.

That said, I just got off the phone wih somone who just spoke to his rep.

Listen to this. The team is still begging for people to buy any PSl on the lower tier. It seems that everyone is starting to figure out what you and I know.

They are pathetic excuses for building a stadium on the backs of the fans. If they wanted to go to a free market system for seats, by all means they shoudl have done it. PSLs are a joke.

Their value will only decline (and they are already available for less on the secondary market after the restricted time frame ends) and you get nothing with them. The team could have at least locked in your underlying ticket price for the life of the PSL and allowed a percentage of its market value to transfer to a new stadium PSL. I still wouldnt do it, but it would at least make what the Jets are offering remotely equitable.

As it stands now, the public is too smart to buy much of anything on the bottom tier and I will be attending all (or most of the regular season games) at a fraction for what the Jets are asking us to pay.

Who the heck wants to scalp tickets and sit in the upper deck? Might as well stay home and watch on TV.

and, well... we kinda sucked for most of the year and the economy was dogsh!t. Plus with the amount of season ticket holders who constantly sold their seats it had a flooded market. Now that most of those "fans" are not PSL holders, the secondary market will have a lot less available.

I dont expect the secondary market will be very cheap this year. Especially against Miami, NE, Balt, GB and Minny. Buff, Hou and Cincy will have moderately priced seats.

I sat second to last row in the upperdeck last year and had 0 complaints about view. Gameday experience when your their is completely different from turning on the game. I love tailgating, so thats a big part of it. I love forgetting winter gloves at home and drunk haggling the guys sell them in the parking lot down to 3 pairs for 10$. And for some reason, I didn't mind sitting in 2 hours of traffic because I got to listen to the radio post game. Something I just wouldn't do at home. I love the radio post game.

Great post and one of the best I have read on this topic. You said it all perfectly. It is like a country club purchase. You realize it will ultimately be worth zip and thats fine since you didnt drop $50K on the deal.

That said, I just got off the phone wih somone who just spoke to his rep.

Listen to this. The team is still begging for people to buy any PSl on the lower tier. It seems that everyone is starting to figure out what you and I know.

They are pathetic excuses for building a stadium on the backs of the fans. If they wanted to go to a free market system for seats, by all means they shoudl have done it. PSLs are a joke.

Their value will only decline (and they are already available for less on the secondary market after the restricted time frame ends) and you get nothing with them. The team could have at least locked in your underlying ticket price for the life of the PSL and allowed a percentage of its market value to transfer to a new stadium PSL. I still wouldnt do it, but it would at least make what the Jets are offering remotely equitable.

As it stands now, the public is too smart to buy much of anything on the bottom tier and I will be attending all (or most of the regular season games) at a fraction for what the Jets are asking us to pay.

http://www.thejetsblog.com/2009/09/09/400k-psl-bidder-charged-for-fraud/

It is interesting to read the truth about the entire PSl process. The Jets are tinkering around the edges by lowering game day ticket prices, offering pilsner glasses and other minor things to try to get people to bite on buying PSLs.

The bottom line is they are saddled with thousands and until they deal with the elephant in the room, which means dramatically reducing the face price of all lower tier PSLs, they will not sell out.

PSLs are already available on the secondary market for below face value and buying them just obligates the buyer to purchase tickets to all 8 regular season games plus two preseason games.

It is far far cheaper to simply select 4-8 home games during the year and buy tickets to those games from anyone other than the Jets.

Doing so means we will not have to fork over a cent for two PSls and two preseason games. The end result is that we will save loads of money just buying tickets to any game on the secondary market, and avoiding the Jets altogether.

Another great post below:

http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/17/lack-of-psl-sales-frustrating-woody-johnson/

• 3 weeks later...
It is interesting to read the truth about the entire PSl process. The Jets are tinkering around the edges by lowering game day ticket prices, offering pilsner glasses and other minor things to try to get people to bite on buying PSLs.

The bottom line is they are saddled with thousands and until they deal with the elephant in the room, which means dramatically reducing the face price of all lower tier PSLs, they will not sell out.

PSLs are already available on the secondary market for below face value and buying them just obligates the buyer to purchase tickets to all 8 regular season games plus two preseason games.

It is far far cheaper to simply select 4-8 home games during the year and buy tickets to those games from anyone other than the Jets.

Doing so means we will not have to fork over a cent for two PSls and two preseason games. The end result is that we will save loads of money just buying tickets to any game on the secondary market, and avoiding the Jets altogether.

Another great post below:

http://jetstwit.com/2010/03/17/lack-of-psl-sales-frustrating-woody-johnson/

Another interesting tid bit just showing us that tv is all that matters. Remember that PSLs are a rental and you own NOTHING.

They are already on the market for below face value and my ticket rep just contacted me again, for the 10th time pretty much begging me to buy a few.

Its ugly. The fans have figured out that they shouldnt touch a PSL in the bottom tier until prices for them drop 50-75%.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fans_night_mare_iVcd5K3zjIriMDYJu6BGMM

Another interesting tid bit just showing us that tv is all that matters. Remember that PSLs are a rental and you own NOTHING.

They are already on the market for below face value and my ticket rep just contacted me again, for the 10th time pretty much begging me to buy a few.

Its ugly. The fans have figured out that they shouldnt touch a PSL in the bottom tier until prices for them drop 50-75%.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/fans_night_mare_iVcd5K3zjIriMDYJu6BGMM

I agree the PSLs have always been garbage, we wrote that years ago and had people giving us grief. Seeing less and less of that these days, everyone has come around which is scary because 90% hated the idea at first. That other 10% of so seems to have disappeared.

But I think it was pointed out in another thread that this Post article was incorrect. The Jets already have the maximum # of prime time games and can't be flexed. I am not sure but someone said 5 is the limit.

I agree the PSLs have always been garbage, we wrote that years ago and had people giving us grief. Seeing less and less of that these days, everyone has come around which is scary because 90% hated the idea at first. That other 10% of so seems to have disappeared.

But I think it was pointed out in another thread that this Post article was incorrect. The Jets already have the maximum # of prime time games and can't be flexed. I am not sure but someone said 5 is the limit.

i havent read the article so i dont know what it says. and im not positive but i believe the can have a total of 6 prime time games, only 5 can be scheduled from the get go and 1 can be flexed.

i havent read the article so i dont know what it says. and im not positive but i believe the can have a total of 6 prime time games, only 5 can be scheduled from the get go and 1 can be flexed.

Thanks...the NY Post had it right. Which is good, the more prime time, the better for me.

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently contacted again by my ticket rep so sales of lower tier PSLs continue to be horrible. Since they are already being offered for far less than what the Jets are asking us to pay, I am still holding off for the moment.

Individual game tickets may approach or slightly exceed face value (depending on the game), but, buying lower tier tickets to every regular season game, as compared to buying two PSLs and all of the underlying games (including the preseason), is not even close.

It will be much much cheaper to simply buy individual tickets on Craigs list, through ticketmaster, or almost anywhere else to a couple of games during the year.

As most analysts tell you regarding PSls, stay away, stay very far away.

I was recently contacted again by my ticket rep so sales of lower tier PSLs continue to be horrible. Since they are already being offered for far less than what the Jets are asking us to pay, I am still holding off for the moment.

Individual game tickets may approach or slightly exceed face value (depending on the game), but, buying lower tier tickets to every regular season game, as compared to buying two PSLs and all of the underlying games (including the preseason), is not even close.

It will be much much cheaper to simply buy individual tickets on Craigs list, through ticketmaster, or almost anywhere else to a couple of games during the year.

As most analysts tell you regarding PSls, stay away, stay very far away.

Just curious what seats did they offer you. As of yesterday I heard a pair was open in section 108 in the mid 20's. If you can't sell a 6k PSL on jets sunny side with no money down after two years that is crazy.

One month ago jets offered me a pair in section 110 row one. Amazing seats and I looked on stub hub and saw I could sell whole season for double face and almost did it. But then I realized 2010 Jets are best jets since Joe Namath. We may have strike coming, sanchez may break ankle, wooody could sell team or rex could have a heart attack. What happens in years 2015-2030 if Jets suck? I could walk away but what if Jets enforce clause I am liable for who 30K. Lots of if and buts. ALso for people fearful of what I described they is always the 7.5k ten yard line sidleine tickets. At least you limit your loss.

I think the Coaches Club, GHC, Mezz Clubs etc. should have been PSL free. The tickets are already at 110% of market price. Why are you paying for that right.

the four 7.5k lower goal line sections on side towards 15k seats with a $125 ticket I get it, those seats all go for $200 plus in secondary, you are paying for right to have tickets below market value. But do you really think 15 yards down field people are going to pay four times as much on stub hub jsut cause you paid 25k a seast and need to cover your psl payment.

Great post. Almost the entire lower bowl between the 10s is over priced. It snot even close. Sure, some of the cheaper PSls make sense, but pretty much anything $10K and above is a total joke.

Most insiders think NY being awarded the superbowl was partially due to the Jets poor PSL sales (I mean rentals).

What I hated were the lies. I wet get calls a year ago telling me only certain seats were left. Then 3 months later, better seats are mysteriously available. 3 months after that, the same things. I got tired of the BS.

PSLs are a complete waste of money. I see plenty of people offering lower tier PSLs for far less than face.

I wouldnt be surprised if some friends of the Johnson family who bought PSls are simply going out and offering them above face to create an artificial market.

Just curious what seats did they offer you. As of yesterday I heard a pair was open in section 108 in the mid 20's. If you can't sell a 6k PSL on jets sunny side with no money down after two years that is crazy.

One month ago jets offered me a pair in section 110 row one. Amazing seats and I looked on stub hub and saw I could sell whole season for double face and almost did it. But then I realized 2010 Jets are best jets since Joe Namath. We may have strike coming, sanchez may break ankle, wooody could sell team or rex could have a heart attack. What happens in years 2015-2030 if Jets suck? I could walk away but what if Jets enforce clause I am liable for who 30K. Lots of if and buts. ALso for people fearful of what I described they is always the 7.5k ten yard line sidleine tickets. At least you limit your loss.

I think the Coaches Club, GHC, Mezz Clubs etc. should have been PSL free. The tickets are already at 110% of market price. Why are you paying for that right.

the four 7.5k lower goal line sections on side towards 15k seats with a $125 ticket I get it, those seats all go for $200 plus in secondary, you are paying for right to have tickets below market value. But do you really think 15 yards down field people are going to pay four times as much on stub hub jsut cause you paid 25k a seast and need to cover your psl payment.

end of the day it's a terrible deal

i know a guy who is extremely well off... owns seasons to Yankees, rangers and Knicks (! talk about throwing money away) and cannot wrap his head around the PSL concept. This guy is richer than Daddy Warbucks and he's like "wait i have to pay for the right to pay? Ill just go through stub hub" I guess the rich didn't get that way by giving their money away on bad purchases.

It's more like this -

Only three teams may make as many as six prime-time appearances (Sunday night, Monday night, and Thursday night combined). The remaining teams may make a maximum of five prime-time appearances. In addition, there are no restrictions amongst intra-division games being "flexed."

That being said & I'm sorry that I did not post the link because you need to be a member of NFL MEDIA in order to access the quote, The JETS/MIAMI game is a Intra-Divisional game & can be flexed. That would definitely mean that a 6th prime time game could be scheduled via the flex.

• 2 weeks later...
end of the day it's a terrible deal

i know a guy who is extremely well off... owns seasons to Yankees, rangers and Knicks (! talk about throwing money away) and cannot wrap his head around the PSL concept. This guy is richer than Daddy Warbucks and he's like "wait i have to pay for the right to pay? Ill just go through stub hub" I guess the rich didn't get that way by giving their money away on bad purchases.

After all the BS was said and done by all the fake boosters and posters across the Jets message baords, the truth has finally come out.

Almost the entire lower tier is available. PSL prices are in free fall and as a result, every fan who purchsed one, has now incurred a massive loss in the value of his or her "investment".

Notice that ESPN and the rest of the media is not saying much because they are very afraid of prices dropping further.

That said, they still have a long way to go. Club PSLs are already available for far less than face value and estimates have shown that Coaches Club PSLs alone, should be valued at $0-$2,500 (and probably $0 considering thew face value of the seats), and not $25K. Every PSL being offered at $10K and up should be cut to $2,500 or less. Only then will they be close to market value.

At these prices, stay very far away. They still have a ways to go before they reach market value so just relax.

PSLs are like land leases and only decrease in value over time. All, and I mean all NFL execs know this.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523-personal-seat-licence-jets-psl

A post from 2008 that predicted all of this. The Raiders abandoned PSLs midstream years ago. If we wait, the Jets are now likely to scrap them altogether. Just relax and wait. We are still nowhere near the bottom.

After all the BS was said and done by all the fake boosters and posters across the Jets message baords, the truth has finally come out.

Almost the entire lower tier is available. PSL prices are in free fall and as a result, every fan who purchsed one, has now incurred a massive loss in the value of his or her "investment".

Notice that ESPN and the rest of the media is not saying much because they are very afraid of prices dropping further.

That said, they still have a long way to go. Club PSLs are already available for far less than face value and estimates have shown that Coaches Club PSLs alone, should be valued at $0-$2,500 (and probably $0 considering thew face value of the seats), and not $25K. Every PSL being offered at $10K and up should be cut to $2,500 or less. Only then will they be close to market value.

At these prices, stay very far away. They still have a ways to go before they reach market value so just relax.

PSLs are like land leases and only decrease in value over time. All, and I mean all NFL execs know this.

http://www.fannation.com/message_boards/show_topic/28523-personal-seat-licence-jets-psl

A post from 2008 that predicted all of this. The Raiders abandoned PSLs midstream years ago. If we wait, the Jets are now likely to scrap them altogether. Just relax and wait. We are still nowhere near the bottom.

The Organization needs the PSL's to pay back the NFL loan - not even an increase in Ticket prices would offset a PSL - They may & have gone down in price, but they are never going away!

By the way, the Raiders did get rid of PSL's - in 2007 due to a lack in renewal in 2006. Still, you have to remember - that's the Oakland area & not the Tri-State area.

The Organization needs the PSL's to pay back the NFL loan - not even an increase in Ticket prices would offset a PSL - They may & have gone down in price, but they are never going away!

By the way, the Raiders did get rid of PSL's - in 2007 due to a lack in renewal in 2006. Still, you have to remember - that's the Oakland area & not the Tri-State area.

Perhaps they have to pay off a loan, but its simple supply and demand. If no one "buys" them, then they go away. That simple. Thats up to the fans and business owners who are spending the money.

In the end it does nto matter to me because I will simply buy any ticket on the secondary market for less than what the Jets are offering after you factor in the price for a PSL and preseason games. Its simple math.

If fans and businesses are smart, they will simply refuse to purchas eany PSL and just wait.

PSLs are a joke and anyone who asks anyone about a land lease will get the truth.

Land Lease = PSL and you never ever buy one thinking it is anything more than a sunk cost.

• 2 weeks later...

“I get to see people I only see eight times a year and hang out with them,” said Corey Griffin, who shares season tickets with his father and who has seats in the upper bowl at the new stadium. “Now it feels like we’ve been herded like cattle. It’s a class system.”

A quote from a NY Times article. PSLs are a waste of money at any price, especially for tkts with face values of $250 or higher. For those assoicated with tkts below $250, most sources I have read estimate their value at around $1K-$2,500. In other words, PSL and underlying ticket prices still have a long way to drop.

More importantly, the Jets are unlikely to keep passing along price reductions to those who already bought PSLs.

Rumor has it that additional price cute are coming and the Jets, but since the Jets may not pass along additonal cuts to thos who bought, people and businesses should still stay far away from them.

Perhaps they have to pay off a loan, but its simple supply and demand. If no one "buys" them, then they go away. That simple. Thats up to the fans and business owners who are spending the money.

In the end it does nto matter to me because I will simply buy any ticket on the secondary market for less than what the Jets are offering after you factor in the price for a PSL and preseason games. Its simple math.

If fans and businesses are smart, they will simply refuse to purchas eany PSL and just wait.

PSLs are a joke and anyone who asks anyone about a land lease will get the truth.

Land Lease = PSL and you never ever buy one thinking it is anything more than a sunk cost.

“I get to see people I only see eight times a year and hang out with them,” said Corey Griffin, who shares season tickets with his father and who has seats in the upper bowl at the new stadium. “Now it feels like we’ve been herded like cattle. It’s a class system.”

A quote from a NY Times article. PSLs are a waste of money at any price, especially for tkts with face values of $250 or higher. For those assoicated with tkts below $250, most sources I have read estimate their value at around $1K-$2,500. In other words, PSL and underlying ticket prices still have a long way to drop.

More importantly, the Jets are unlikely to keep passing along price reductions to those who already bought PSLs.

Rumor has it that additional price cute are coming and the Jets, but since the Jets may not pass along additonal cuts to thos who bought, people and businesses should still stay far away from them.

I was just contacted by my ticket reprepsentative from the Jets for the 7th time over the past year. He was flumuxed by the lack of PSl activity afer the price drop.

What the media is not telling you yet is that the entire PSL process is almost completely dead for the Jets.

Seats in the lower teir are already available for well below face value, making PSls functionally worthless.

The ticket rep. pretty much told me future reductions will notbe passed along to previous buyers, meaning you need to stay away and not make a purchase now.

The recent reductions, which were passed along to those who already made their purchases was more of a marketing ploy to dump the rest of the PSLs in the lower tier which are now worthless.

I repeat, future reductions are unlikely to be passed along to those who already bought so the answer is, stay away, stay very far away.

Stay tuned.......an interesting article below:

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/12/05/2009-12-05_the_score_everybody_grab_your_signs.html?page=1

I was just contacted by my ticket reprepsentative from the Jets for the 7th time over the past year. He was flumuxed by the lack of PSl activity afer the price drop.

What the media is not telling you yet is that the entire PSL process is almost completely dead for the Jets.

Seats in the lower teir are already available for well below face value, making PSls functionally worthless.

The ticket rep. pretty much told me future reductions will notbe passed along to previous buyers, meaning you need to stay away and not make a purchase now.

The recent reductions, which were passed along to those who already made their purchases was more of a marketing ploy to dump the rest of the PSLs in the lower tier which are now worthless.

I repeat, future reductions are unlikely to be passed along to those who already bought so the answer is, stay away, stay very far away.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/2009/12/05/2009-12-05_the_score_everybody_grab_your_signs.html?page=1

I'm calling BS on this.

1) You say that the Jets ticket rep told you that future price reductions would not be passed along to previous buyers. If this were in the least bit true (the agent telling you this I mean), what possible incentive would you have to buy now (even if you were interested) and not simply wait it out (knowing what this ticket rep supposedly told you)? The ticket rep would be costing himself a sale if he was trying to sell you tickets and if he wasn't (say a friend passing on information) then he puts his job at risk by passing this information on.

2) The Jets have already received a ton of bad press for charging PSLs and supposedly turning their backs on loyal fans. Do you really think they can afford further bad press by doing another price reduction and not pass the savings on to all ticket holders?

3) I don't know whether the Jets reducing PSL prices for new buyers and keeping them the same price for previous buyers (and I refer to people in the same section of the stadium) is legal. But don't think that for one second that there won't be people filing lawsuits on this. More bad press, legal fees, potential appeals, being held up in court for years. And that's if they won the legal battle. Imagine the payout they'd have to make if they were to lose.

I have to agree with Newjake on that one! I could see a Class-Action coming the way of the Jets. Which would mean more bad press and a nightmare for Woody/Jets before the season even started. How about we just wait for one of the Jets sales Reps to come out with a tell all book once the seats are sold. Aren't we all just getting tired of this same old game!

• 2 weeks later...
I have to agree with Newjake on that one! I could see a Class-Action coming the way of the Jets. Which would mean more bad press and a nightmare for Woody/Jets before the season even started. How about we just wait for one of the Jets sales Reps to come out with a tell all book once the seats are sold. Aren't we all just getting tired of this same old game!

My post was my opinion, which I stand by, but the Jets never told me that future reductions will not be passed along to those who already bought. That said, tickets are already avialable for well below face value, making the PSls for the entire lower tier worthless.

You are either horribly informed or making **** up.

My post was my opinion, which I stand by, but the Jets never told me that future reductions will not be passed along to those who already bought. That said, tickets are already avialable for well below face value, making the PSls for the entire lower tier worthless.

so "pretty much told me" was just a total fabrication ?

so "pretty much told me" was just a total fabrication ?

Its amazing the depths these ticket broker will sink. And I'm sorry, but any "Jet fan" that signs up for multiple message boards and posts almost exclusively on the PSL/ticket subject (and I'm looking at you too ROJF) stinks of being a broker (or having some sort of agenda).

Archived