Passing offense predictions.

SenorGato

Edwards - 60/850/8

Keller - 60/700/8

Cotchery - 70/800/5

Holmes - 40/480/3

Leon/Smith/LT - 50/400/2

That's not a bad possible line...if Sanchez were to complete all the passes there at a 60% rate then he'd have a 280/467/3180/26 TD season...I'd guess there's about 18-21 INTs but who knows there. That's not bad for a sophomore QB...should I expect worse? Who'll under and overperform?

Oh, also I think Edwards is the best WR on this team, and it'll show next year. Not sure I expect much from Holmes unless we were to make the playoffs where we'd have to pass more.

Edwards - 60/850/8

Keller - 60/700/8

Cotchery - 70/800/5

Holmes - 40/480/3

Leon/Smith/LT - 50/400/2

That's not a bad possible line...if Sanchez were to complete all the passes there at a 60% rate then he'd have a 280/467/3180/26 TD season...I'd guess there's about 18-21 INTs but who knows there. That's not bad for a sophomore QB...should I expect worse? Who'll under and overperform?

Oh, also I think Edwards is the best WR on this team, and it'll show next year. Not sure I expect much from Holmes unless we were to make the playoffs where we'd have to pass more.

well considering that holmes' ypc avg is actually about 16yds and not 12 like you are predicting......and that his lowest career receptions is 49 i say you are underestimating his contribution. i'd say 50 @ about 800 yds is more likely. and even if it is only 40 i still think he averages ta least 15 ypc so more like 600+ yds.

well considering that holmes' ypc avg is actually about 16yds and not 12 like you are predicting......and that his lowest career receptions is 49 i say you are underestimating his contribution. i'd say 50 @ about 800 yds is more likely. and even if it is only 40 i still think he averages ta least 15 ypc so more like 600+ yds.

Only catch is this is in 12 games...and you can't expect him to come into game-action with Sanchez and immediately have great chemistry -- especially over Cotchery and Keller. I don't mention Braylon yet, because who knows if he'll have a case of the drops again or if he can manage to right the ship after the big Indy catch. I've always felt like it was 100% mental with him, and one big play like that in a clutch situation can often fix that problem. Also gotta feel like LT is going to be a good dump off option.

Holmes will be big end of the season/playoffs (hopefully). I wouldn't expect insane numbers right out of the gate unless Braylon plays huge early. If he does, and commands more attention then maybe Holmes gets one on one?

I've now talked myself into having no clue what to expect out of Holmes :P

He's missing 4 games...he's getting a major downgrade at QB...unlike in Pittsburgh he's not the only deep threat...Edwards is a deep threat, and a bigger one at that...of the big 4 pass catchers he's worked with Sanchez the least...I see no reason to expect a big season from him.

That said, I could see him having less catches but more YPC...say 35/500 or so. Like AVM said, Holmes probably comes on strong if/when playoffs roll around.

Archived