Official JetNation Rocky VI Thread

faba

Best sports montage ever. Rocky, Rocky, Rocky!!!

6O8xoN9NSzw

I love how people always run those stairs as if that was some sort of test. Run the damn 10 miles he did before that and then do the stairs.

Slackers. ALL OF YOU, you are all slackers. lol.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because a 60 year old man beating the undefeated,undisputed heavyweight champion of the world is completly believeable and logical.:rolleyes:

Not for nothing,but this was not a boxing movie or a movie about boxing. Its a movie about a guy who happens to have been/is a boxer. Its a movie about a guy who's nearing the twilight of his life,and the one person who meant the most to him in the world is gone, his son resents him for having a famous persona, and he just can't stand the monotony and emptiness in his life any longer, and needs a way to vent hit pent up fustrations and anger. Again,this movie was about Rocky Balboa,a character who happens to be a boxer. That's what made the first 2 movies so great,and thats why this one is too.

Damn bro -- you nailed it. NAILED IT. The training scene was short. If it was a boxing movie he would have had tune up fights. I was closure for the character Rocky.

There I admitted it. I know that Rocky isn't real. ;)

Because a 60 year old man beating the undefeated,undisputed heavyweight champion of the world is completly believeable and logical.:rolleyes:

Not for nothing,but this was not a boxing movie or a movie about boxing. Its a movie about a guy who happens to have been/is a boxer. Its a movie about a guy who's nearing the twilight of his life,and the one person who meant the most to him in the world is gone, his son resents him for having a famous persona, and he just can't stand the monotony and emptiness in his life any longer, and needs a way to vent hit pent up fustrations and anger. Again,this movie was about Rocky Balboa,a character who happens to be a boxer. That's what made the first 2 movies so great,and thats why this one is too.

Yet he can go 10 rounds and force a draw in which he loses by vote 2-1? You can make him win at that point. Also it led you up to believe he'd win seeing as numerous times during the movie the point was made that Dixon "hadn't fought anybody yet"

Yet he can go 10 rounds and force a draw in which he loses by vote 2-1? You can make him win at that point. Also it led you up to believe he'd win seeing as numerous times during the movie the point was made that Dixon "hadn't fought anybody yet"

Joe --

You missed the point of the movie. Seriously. Wait for the DVD with the alternate ending. I am sure that one will make you happy! ;)

Joe --

You missed the point of the movie. Seriously. Wait for the DVD with the alternate ending. I am sure that one will make you happy! ;)

Please, enlighten me as to what the point is.

That he got out his frustration because of Adrian's death and proved to the world that he could still fight no matter?

The movie was good, the ending, not so much.

Please, enlighten me as to what the point is.

That he got out his frustration because of Adrian's death and proved to the world that he could still fight no matter?

The movie was good, the ending, not so much.

No -- that age isn't a barrier. That even though society says you can't, you still can. That by giving it your all, you are a winner no matter what the outcome may be!

No -- that age isn't a barrier. That even though society says you can't, you still can. That by giving it your all, you are a winner no matter what the outcome may be!

Yet he still lost:wink:

Good movie, but I'm going to have mixed emotions about the ending, that's all.

Archived