Official JetNation Rocky VI Thread

faba

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw this headline from the forum index, it said "Sylvestor Stallone commit"

I thought he was committed to the crazy house or somethin.

Faba, ban yourself for posting faulty headlines.

I did not post faulty headline but feel free to make me dooshey for the day- i will be honored

Stallone getting back in ring for sixth 'Rocky' By Borys Kit

Mon Oct 17, 6:40 AM ET

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Sylvester Stallone is signing on to reprise his role as boxer Rocky Balboa in the sixth installment of the long-running film series, which he wrote and will direct.

ADVERTISEMENT

The film, titled "Rocky Balboa," will be co-produced and co-financed by Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Columbia Pictures and Revolution Studios and will be distributed by Columbia Pictures.

Stallone has been trying to make a sixth movie for years and has been reworking a script. The latest version, which sources said is similar to the tone and grit of the first two movies, persuaded the studios to negotiate a deal.

"In many ways, the screenplay really took me back to the original 'Rocky,"' Revolution Studios founder Joe Roth said in a statement. "As a past champion, Rocky Balboa is once again a regular guy who has to find himself and deal with real life. This film brings Rocky's story full circle."

In the new installment, Rocky, lonely and retired in Philadelphia, comes out of retirement, intending to fight a few low-profile local fights. He's approached to fight a match with reigning heavyweight champ Mason "The Line" Dixon, and soon his comeback ignites a media firestorm.

"'Rocky Balboa' is about everybody who feels they want to participate in the race of life, rather than be a bystander," Stallone said in a statement. "You're never too old to climb a mountain, if that's your desire."

Shooting is scheduled to begin in December in Los Angeles and Philadelphia.

Stallone received Academy Award nominations for starring in and writing "Rocky," and the 1976 MGM film won an Oscar for best picture, best director (John G. Avildsen) and best editing (Richard Halsey, Scott Conrad). The movie grossed $117.3 million at the domestic boxoffice, making Stallone a film star and creating one of cinema's most famous characters.

It also launched one of the most successful film series of all time. 1979's "Rocky II" grossed $85 million, and 1982's "Rocky III," which featured Mr. T, grossed $120.2 million. "Rocky IV," with Dolph Lundgren, made $125.4 million after its 1985 release. By the decade's close, however, audiences seemed to have tired of the character. "Rocky V," released in 1990, made only $40 million.

"Rocky Balboa" is the first film to be green-lit by MGM since it was acquired by Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news).

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

Max, step away from the crackpipe!

Rocky six people. SIX. :lol:

Oh Verde don't even go there with me. Stallone is a legend. If he wants to kick a$$ at 57 or whatever he is I am all for it. Where do I send my $9.50?

Apollo, Clubber Lang, Drago, Tommy Gunn now Mason Dixon. They all learned the hard way! You don't mess with Rocky!!! :mrgreen:

Yeah but when is the movie coming out?

They havent even started filming it yet!!

Oh and I guarantee it will SUCK. Just like Terminator 3! WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE THAT WAS!

Some really hot girl terminator OOOOOO OOOOO I'm SOOOO SCARED!!!

Horrible. It was a copy of the 2nd Terminator, except the evil terminator in T3 was not frightening to watch, and they didnt even show her boobs! F dat sh^t. Obviously, the original director wasnt the guy producing the movie.

Oh Verde don't even go there with me. Stallone is a legend. If he wants to kick a$$ at 57 or whatever he is I am all for it. Where do I send my $9.50?

Apollo, Clubber Lang, Drago, Tommy Gunn now Mason Dixon. They all learned the hard way! You don't mess with Rocky!!! :mrgreen:

ah yes who can forget "Over the Top" wasnt that about thrumb wrestling? :lol:

or "stop or my Mom will shoot" Sly teams up with the golden girls!!! i think if they had Bea Arthur make a cameo...this could have been an oscar contender! :mrgreen:

Oh and I guarantee it will SUCK. Just like Terminator 3! WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE THAT WAS!

Some really hot girl terminator OOOOOO OOOOO I'm SOOOO SCARED!!!

Please don't compare the Terminator series with a critically acclaimed movie like Rocky.

ah yes who can forget "Over the Top" wasnt that about thrumb wrestling? :lol:

or "stop or my Mom will shoot" Sly teams up with the golden girls!!! i think if they had Bea Arthur make a cameo...this could have been an oscar contender! :mrgreen:

Please don't start with me. Do you realize the good that Sly did with Over The Top? That wasn't a movie about biceps.

Rather it was about helping kids. Specifically rich kids who are at boarding school and who have Mom's and Grandfathers that prevent them from receiving letters that their Dads wrote to them.

It may be a small demographic but once again Sly demonstrates that he is all about helping others.

I saw this headline from the forum index, it said "Sylvestor Stallone commit"

I thought he was committed to the crazy house or somethin.

Faba, ban yourself for posting faulty headlines.

I just came in here to post the same exact thing! I thought He commited Suicide! but funny stuff Barton.

Please don't start with me. Do you realize the good that Sly did with Over The Top? That wasn't a movie about biceps.

Rather it was about helping kids. Specifically rich kids who are at boarding school and who have Mom's and Grandfathers that prevent them from receiving letters that their Dads wrote to them.

It may be a small demographic but once again Sly demonstrates that he is all about helping others.

alas taken ot school once again by the great and wise webmaster... i thought it was about thumb wrestling.. Oh well.. i stand corrected :lol:

As long as he's going to sully "Rocky", (which won best picture in 1976)go all the way-Rocky vs. Godzilla, the Predator, the Terminator(don't think the Governor is available though), Robocop(Peter Weller is now a history professor at Syracuse, so he need some cash) or the Karate Kid.Ralph Maccio needs the work.

As long as he's going to sully "Rocky", (which won best picture in 1976)go all the way-Rocky vs. Godzilla, the Predator, the Terminator(don't think the Governor is available though), Robocop(Peter Weller is now a history professor at Syracuse, so he need some cash) or the Karate Kid.Ralph Maccio needs the work.

That's frigging ridiculous.

Godzilla should be left alone by Hollywood again after that half cocked abortion with Matthew Broderick.

Only Toho can make proper Godzilla films.

Bugg:

You are obviously not a movie guy. Here is how it will shake out:

Freddy vs. Rocky.

The winnner takes on Jason in a steel cage.

Im with you - opening night!

60 yr old widowed Rocky (with Adrian AND Mickey flashbacks) fighting Mason Dixon?

LINE UP THE OSCAR NOMINATIONS NOW BABY!

Don't waste your time Max.

They dont realize that Over The Top was about the children, as you mentioned. It was about a hardworking blue collar guy giving it his all so he could win that truck. Overcoming the odds and big fat hairy arm wrestlers.

And about how turning your cap around "turns the switch" giving you that little bit extra to go...

Over The Top.

Don't waste your time Max.

They dont realize that Over The Top was about the children, as you mentioned. It was about a hardworking blue collar guy giving it his all so he could win that truck. Overcoming the odds and big fat hairy arm wrestlers.

And about how turning your cap around "turns the switch" giving you that little bit extra to go...

Over The Top.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!

I use the hat switch thing when I am having a bad day. It really works.

For example when I started this website many people called me bad names (sorry TomShane, when we started this site). It really got me down.

Using the steps that I got from Stallone's videotapes really helped me. If it weren't for the Sly Workshop I swear I would be fat, out of shape and dead broke.

Oh snap.

If anyone can find the movie still, in one of the "Airplane!" movies they had a scene in an airport newsstand with a "Rocky 35" poster in the background with a 100+-year old Methusalah-looking guy in boxing trunks. Stallone cannot be embarrassed.

• 1 year later...
Rocky 6 People. Cmon. Everyone from the website is required to go to the movies opening night to see it. I will write the review myself and plaster it on the front page.

only four more days, mr. weblord.

looking forward to your review on opening night! :P

If anyone can find the movie still, in one of the "Airplane!" movies they had a scene in an airport newsstand with a "Rocky 35" poster in the background with a 100+-year old Methusalah-looking guy in boxing trunks. Stallone cannot be embarrassed.

lol I remember those movies..they are hilarious@@

For example when I started this website many people called me bad names (sorry TomShane, when we started this site). It really got me down.

Let me just say Rocky Balboa (its actually not called Rocky IV, what a shame) is going to be the most surprising, fulfilling, weirdly inspiring movie to come out in a while. That will be an easy $10 bucks for me to dish out and see Balboa go at it one more time.

But my real point is this: I know this isnt what this thread is all about, and i'm sorry for goin off topic here, but who is TomShane? i just a newbie here at the Nation, but i've heard the rumors. I want to learn about the legend of TomShane. Can anyone help me gain this knowledge??????

It opens Wed, not Friday. Get your facts straight.

Max, please..please tell me you don't have high expectations about this film.

If I'm getting it right, he comes out of retirement at age 95 to fight a current champ? For real? Am I the only one who finds that utterly ridiculous? Please.

If he was training his son to fight.. maaaaaybe.. but c'mon now.

But my real point is this: I know this isnt what this thread is all about, and i'm sorry for goin off topic here, but who is TomShane? i just a newbie here at the Nation, but i've heard the rumors. I want to learn about the legend of TomShane. Can anyone help me gain this knowledge??????

tomshaane is like a "pet rock" at the time ..everyone thought it was cool and wanted one...but after awhile... people just realized ..it was just a rock, nothing special.

Let me just say Rocky Balboa (its actually not called Rocky IV, what a shame) is going to be the most surprising, fulfilling, weirdly inspiring movie to come out in a while. That will be an easy $10 bucks for me to dish out and see Balboa go at it one more time.

Tom was one of the founders of this site. He was a really funny poster. He had this warped sense of football reality though (for example he thought Herm was a terrible coach. As if). Anyhow Tom has moved on to greener pastures so he is no longer with us in the internet sense.

Max, please..please tell me you don't have high expectations about this film.

If I'm getting it right, he comes out of retirement at age 95 to fight a current champ? For real? Am I the only one who finds that utterly ridiculous? Please.

If he was training his son to fight.. maaaaaybe.. but c'mon now.

You are a hypocrite. HYPOCRITE. Here is this man at the age of 60 that has ripped abs. If nothing else, you should see the movie because of that.

Stallone is showing us that age is not a barrier. It is the uplifting, feel good movie of the year. Stallone is living proof that if we can think it, we can do it.

If this movie does not win some major awards I will lose my faith in Hollywood's credibility.

;)

Archived