Reamer accepts a free-agent deal with New York Jets

NIGHT STALKER

After successful tryout, Tide's Cory Reamer accepts a free-agent deal with New York Jets

By Gentry Estes, Mobile Press-Register

May 02, 2010, 7:09PM

Former Alabama linebacker Cory Reamer's professional football aspirations will now continue at least through this season's training camp with the New York Jets.

Three days spent impressing the New York Jets have earned former Alabama linebacker Cory Reamer an opportunity to do it again.

Jets coach Rex Ryan at mini-camp: "The guy that's really standing out to me is the kid from Alabama." The Jets offered Reamer a free agent contract after this morning's practice, which was the final workout of this weekend's mini-camp.

"I'm officially a Jet," Reamer said.

A Hoover native, Reamer was invited to try-out with the Jets. He did not receive a free agent offer from any team after going undrafted last weekend.

He impressed the Jets staff immediately, however, particularly head coach Rex Ryan, who made mention of "the kid from Alabama," during press conferences Friday and Saturday.

Reamer now returns home to obtain a Masters Degree in Sports Management from UA during the coming week.

"Luckily, it was perfect timing," Reamer said. "Hopefully, I'll be able to hold on to this job for a while."

He is due back to the Jets for workouts later this month. Barring any unforeseen issue, he will take part in preseason training camp in August.

Fans of the HBO show "Hard Knocks" take note that the Jets were the team selected for this year's season.

Cool story, I hope he makes the roster. From college S who Saban didn't want to starting OLB to now a potential ILB/OLB reserve and Special Teamer for the Jets. Definitely am rooting for this guy.

Archived