Doggin94it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Fair enough. I worry about this as well. We dont want to make a bad mistake. I'd like to hear from Tony again and I'm open to suggestions...but too many things bother me about his play and I dont know why you'd play this way if you have role like we think is out there...

- His remarks about how his death will help the town, please kill me...and now he wants to stay, why flip flop?

- His I'm a bad ass attitude, I've taken down Doggin, etc its not only annoying...but its also like, yeah I'm scummy but I'm good at this game so dont lynch me

- His I'm rereading for 10 hours to finally make a case against someone for the exact same thing he said earlier in the game.

I know I'm repeating myself, but this is the most glaringly suspicious play as of now.

Though Lefty is concerning as well, sketchy play turned 180...why?

Still reading and catching up, but I have a few comments to make.

1) I didn't say the same thing Ace did. I was putting some damn good advice out there, not just speculation on whether or not the role existed.

2) There certainly can be a mafia finder. I've used one before. We often create roles to suit our games too, so ANYTHING is possible. You guys need to think outside the box more.

3) I wasn't the one who said I've beaten Doggin. That was Virgil. I've only actually played with him twice, and both were embarrassments to me. I WILL beat him, someday. ;)

Like I said yesterday, Fredo seems scummy to me. I don;t have the time to go back and show people stuff, but I will later if need be. But...

Look at his post, they seem to be purposely confusing and full of things for us to think about other than hunting scum. Plus he is starting to slip up here and their and at least he has not claimed a role yet. Gone till later and will be back around after work and later tonight.

vote:fredo

One more comment and then I'm off for a while. You guys don't know me, and not everyone who does agrees with this, but I totally suck at being town. I am a whiz at being scum, and when I'm town, all I can do is think "how would I play it?" and try to look for who might be doing that. Then I poke them to see how they react. You don't like my methods - fine. I don't like yours, but we could actually try working together.

To be honest, I liked Ace's responses to my prodding. They read honest to me. He's moved down my list for now.

Unvote

But I tend to agree that Fredo is all over the place, and Michael is right. People who throw suspicion all over the place tend to be scum. At least it's a good place to look next.

Vote Fredo

One more comment and then I'm off for a while. You guys don't know me, and not everyone who does agrees with this, but I totally suck at being town. I am a whiz at being scum, and when I'm town, all I can do is think "how would I play it?" and try to look for who might be doing that. Then I poke them to see how they react. You don't like my methods - fine. I don't like yours, but we could actually try working together.

To be honest, I liked Ace's responses to my prodding. They read honest to me. He's moved down my list for now.

Unvote

But I tend to agree that Fredo is all over the place, and Michael is right. People who throw suspicion all over the place tend to be scum. At least it's a good place to look next.

Vote Fredo

Hmm...I read this as you trying to go along with the town after being called out for hypocritical statements. Ace responded well to your "prodding"? I think you have that backwards and inside out. You responded poorly to Ace's "prodding" is more like it.

Vote: Soprano

In light of the last votes, Im starting too wonder if doggin would've made a team of scum as DM'ers. He doesn't mention random role assignment that I see, and it could be up his alley. The biggest problem with this theory is that all DM'ers have pretty much outed themselves, which would seem a strange thing to do if they were scum.

In light of the last votes, Im starting too wonder if doggin would've made a team of scum as DM'ers. He doesn't mention random role assignment that I see, and it could be up his alley. The biggest problem with this theory is that all DM'ers have pretty much outed themselves, which would seem a strange thing to do if they were scum.

Then you don't know Doggin very well. He would not handicap a team like that with the potential they out themselves and get lynched early. And while they are overly sensitive, yes, they don't appear to be stupid either. Inexperienced in how teh mafia is played here, but still having a clue.

To piggy back Rooney, IDK WTF is going on in this game...but this is a snoozer...I mean how boring can it get?

8 people are viewing and nobody is posting. I understand we all have busy lives...but holy ****. If you are reading the ****ing thread...post something!!! We are going to be here till ****ing August.

Maybe the DMZ'ers bitching about the regulars love for banter and ghey jokes has deterred some from posting but **** that!!! Let those over sensitive way too serious weirdo's play the way they want to play on their site and we play the way we play on our site.

Maybe its the Alts...IDK...but for **** sake, post something if you are viewing the god damn thread. There is plenty to talk about. We dont need to rush anything but if you have the time to view the thread, take the time to post something...anything.

Thanks,

~ Frank

hostess_with_the_mostess_apron-p154404546418543533sdwt_400.jpg

Then you don't know Doggin very well. He would not handicap a team like that with the potential they out themselves and get lynched early. And while they are overly sensitive, yes, they don't appear to be stupid either. Inexperienced in how teh mafia is played here, but still having a clue.

I agree. It would be crazy to suggest that.

I know doggin just fine, and as I said, the fact that they outed themselves makes it unlikely.

And their sensitive because we're aholes, but we have a familiarity level with each other that most times we don't take each other serious.

LOL. Point taken.

I was going to FOS Sonny because of that post, but then rememberd his 3rd Bass stuff and thought, "never mind."

In all honesty him and Fredo have been off the wall.

But in re-reading posts Sonny has tried to be pretty helpful. He even broke down the Al vote. Fredo just seems to be trying to create confusion for the sake of it and we've been arguing semantics because of it. That's what scum wants.

Vote: Fredo

Hmm...I read this as you trying to go along with the town after being called out for hypocritical statements. Ace responded well to your "prodding"? I think you have that backwards and inside out. You responded poorly to Ace's "prodding" is more like it.

Vote: Soprano

Awww, now you went and made him look all guilty again! He didn't prod me. He defended himself. And did a good job of it, until you messed it up for him with this idiotic statement.

Oh great, everybody jump on the Fredo train.

Decide how you will, but if you re-read my posts - and Tony S must have done that at least a dozen times by now. meh - you'll see that I'm introducing ideas, but not pushing them in a particular direction.

I'm not steerig the game, just trying to say to eep your eyes opne for a Doggin trick or two.

The town is hurting right now, no doubt. I agreed earlier that the mafia has a point man out there stirring things up, but it makes the most sense to me that most of them are laying low, looking for slip-ups.

MOd? You've listed Nicky as having 2 votes. Is that accurate?

I also think that Lefty's response was about as scummalicious as it gets. My vote stays.

1) I didn't say the same thing Ace did. I was putting some damn good advice out there, not just speculation on whether or not the role existed.

2) There certainly can be a mafia finder. I've used one before. We often create roles to suit our games too, so ANYTHING is possible. You guys need to think outside the box more.

3) I wasn't the one who said I've beaten Doggin. That was Virgil. I've only actually played with him twice, and both were embarrassments to me. I WILL beat him, someday. ;)

LOL comments like "we need to think outside of the box more" while you've given nothing is extrememly poor form. BTW if you've been paying attention with all your re-reads, they are saying that most likely, there is no mafia cop...very different from a mafia finder. To think that there is some off-beat chance of a mafia cop and use it as some sort of thought process is completely scummy.

Soprano, try reading the game before posting, mmkay? Check this out:

You quote a post shortly after learning that we lost our doc on the heels of losing our cop where I say, "I hope Doggin supplied us with a backup doc," and try to suggest that I'm role fishing? Where in there am I asking for a reveal?

In fact, as soon as Al claimed cop, I was the first to pipe and say, no counter-claims, please!

But the irony in you trying to portray that as role fishing can be found in one of tyour previous posts:

So when I mention the hope of having a backup doc, I'm rolefishing. When you do it your -what?- the concerned, helpful townie?

Hypocrite much?

I mean, if you want to use something I've said against me, you should really try to make it something that you haven't also said. Of course, you've gone one step further. You're saying if anyone claims those roles we can't trust them. So now after offing our original cop and doc, should we get another cop or doc claim we should lynch them, too? This is what you're suggesting, right?

I just want to be clear here.

This is a big game. One that's dependent upon keeping the Avatar alive 'til all the scum are dead. I definitely think it's possible that there's at least a backup doc given the setup of the game. If there is, and we push that player to a reveal, I'll review that claim on it's individual merit, thanks.

I've underlined the important piece. You're trying to fling suspicion on Ace, and he turned it around on you and called you out for being a hypocrite. Then you tossed out this gem of a post:

That's an awful lot of protesting, sugar, for an innocent man. ;)

And you say I made an idiotic statement? Wow. That's twice you've been a hypocrite in just 1 day. You going for the record?

Oh great, everybody jump on the Fredo train.

Decide how you will, but if you re-read my posts - and Tony S must have done that at least a dozen times by now. meh - you'll see that I'm introducing ideas, but not pushing them in a particular direction.

I'm not steerig the game, just trying to say to eep your eyes opne for a Doggin trick or two.

The town is hurting right now, no doubt. I agreed earlier that the mafia has a point man out there stirring things up, but it makes the most sense to me that most of them are laying low, looking for slip-ups.

MOd? You've listed Nicky as having 2 votes. Is that accurate?

I also think that Lefty's response was about as scummalicious as it gets. My vote stays.

So what your saying is you think we're all retahds who need your help?

LOL comments like "we need to think outside of the box more" while you've given nothing is extrememly poor form. BTW if you've been paying attention with all your re-reads, they are saying that most likely, there is no mafia cop...very different from a mafia finder. To think that there is some off-beat chance of a mafia cop and use it as some sort of thought process is completely scummy.

Tommy, cop/finder = same thing. Both get alignment (or role, or maybe both) reads at night. A tracker or watcher is different, but some googling will show you that a Cop/Doc or Finder/Healer are two names for essentially the same roles.

Tommy, cop/finder = same thing. Both get alignment (or role, or maybe both) reads at night. A tracker or watcher is different, but some googling will show you that a Cop/Doc or Finder/Healer are two names for essentially the same roles.

Yeah my bad, I'm talking tracker/watcher when I said mafia finder. Which really just makes her post more scummy pushing the issue that there is a mafia cop/finder unless that somehow helps the town determine scum. My guess is with the way this game is set up with the main piece out there it would be a terrible unbalance on Doggin's part to give scum a cop.

Yeah my bad, I'm talking tracker/watcher when I said mafia finder. Which really just makes her post more scummy pushing the issue that there is a mafia cop/finder unless that somehow helps the town determine scum. My guess is with the way this game is set up with the main piece out there it would be a terrible unbalance on Doggin's part to give scum a cop.

Especially considering that the scum has an immediate win condition. It'd be insanely unbalanced to have a scum team with a finder/cop and have an immediate win condition.

Especially considering that the scum has an immediate win condition. It'd be insanely unbalanced to have a scum team with a finder/cop and have an immediate win condition.

Exactly. So how come, Fredo and Tony S with all their infinite wisdom, not have the foresight to see this...

Exactly. So how come, Fredo and Tony S with all their infinite wisdom, not have the foresight to see this...

Well you see Tommy, we're simpletons. They are simply thinking outside of the box.

Think of how much energy we've expended arguing scum cop and why they killed Marcellus. And what good have those done us.

So because you elaborated on what he had put out there that means you didn't say the same thing? To me (and apparently others) that read more as saying the same thing he did and finding enough validity in Ace's "speculation" that you build upon that theory.

Unvote

Vote Fredo

Really feels like you got called out then jumped to the highest vote getter that isn't you to try and move that train, hopefully slowing down your own in the process. And I also find it amazing how your opinion on his defense changed in just 30 minutes as this was your initial feeling on Ace's retaliation:

That's an awful lot of protesting, sugar, for an innocent man. ;)

Didn't seem as though you liked his response to your prodding until you got called out for that post

Vote Soprano

Exactly what is the difference between finder and cop over here? To me the words are synonymous. And I'll say it again. I've used it. Why wouldn't Doggin? I don't think he is, necessarily. I'm just saying that mods are creative and we shouldn't limit our thinking to what has always been. That only benefits the scum, who are laughing at us right now.

Exactly what is the difference between finder and cop over here? To me the words are synonymous. And I'll say it again. I've used it. Why wouldn't Doggin? I don't think he is, necessarily. I'm just saying that mods are creative and we shouldn't limit our thinking to what has always been. That only benefits the scum, who are laughing at us right now.

If you've modded you don't think it would be highly unfair to create a game where scum has an immediate win condition and would have an ability like that? I find it to be too unfair and not possible for this format.

Soprano, try reading the game before posting, mmkay? Check this out:

I've underlined the important piece. You're trying to fling suspicion on Ace, and he turned it around on you and called you out for being a hypocrite. Then you tossed out this gem of a post:

And you say I made an idiotic statement? Wow. That's twice you've been a hypocrite in just 1 day. You going for the record?

Good Lord, Jimmy! You guys are allowed to joke around but I'm not? It was just teasing. I only meant it slightly. Seriously. If I get something solid on anybody I'll come out with guns blazing. It's only day two. We haven't got much yet. What I said about you, I meant a bit more. Maybe 50%ish. Mostly just poking to see what you had to say. I'm still trying to figure out how much of what you guys poke back with is real and how much I should just go "Pfft!" to.

finder isn't a term that's made it's way over here. I know at DM it's synonmous with cop, but we use cop here generally, unless it's a role finder of some sort, which is i think what the little prick was referring to.

Covered that already.

If you've modded you don't think it would be highly unfair to create a game where scum has an immediate win condition and would have an ability like that? I find it to be too unfair and not possible for this format.

How many times do I have to repeat myself and reword? I don't necessarily think that the role exists. I'm just saying it can, and to not discount the possibility. Personally, I would not have put it in this game. Doggin may not have - probably didn't. Who cares? The point is to think creatively, not be in a rut. Scum loves ruts. They also love long discussions over anything that isn't them. So can we move on, yet? I'm tired of them laughing at us.

Archived