Doggin94it

And no, we from DM aren't necessarily better than you - just different. Lots and lots of random conversation tends to be a scumtell where I come from. Here, it's par for the course, I guess. Different, but not scummy.

lol @the clash of cultures. Neither site is better then the other. Just different. There's real good town and scum players on both sites. This stuff really distracts from the game.

Tony, Why did you half claim, and then suggest that you would be good to go next? Are you some kind of bomb, does your death trigger a pro-town chain of events? Are you asking to be lynched?

I'm going to vote Ace for now, on a strong hunch. It was acoin flip between him and lefty based on the AL train, but I'll go with ace who was more subtle

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok I'm glad we can finally see eye to eye on this stuff.. I can take the narking and teasing and bull**** as long as I know that's all it is and that you guys aren't being real *******s and incredibly serious in your insults. (Damn armchair jocks:rolleyes:)

FOS Virgil for even the slightest insinuation that some of you retahds are jocks.

I assumed everybody has a role. In a game this large, they usually do, in my experience.

Okay, Doggin said I could say this much: My death would answer some questions posed earlier in the game.

So, if you were bound and determined to kill off those of us who were different, I thought I should be next, but now, I think we're beginning to get past that, and I'd like to stay. I'll be honest - the rudeness and the condescension was a bit much for me. Sorry I can't tell you more.

So far (I'm still rereading) this is all I've got:

This royally sucks. Why would they even target Marcellus? It's not like he was on anyone's trail. I would've started this day with another vote on him just to get him to start typing.

That should be a warning shot to some of the guys not contributing. Conway, Soprano, Virgil...

I was hoping for a vig shot, too, just to get some more information. With us down the finder and the healer, I don't know how worried I am about the game taking forever.

I really hope Doggin was kind enough to supply the town with a backup doc.

Rolefishing? Maybe.

I'd really like your thoughts on my ideas, because you know each other - the way you typically play here - and I don't.

Back to the reread....

So, if you were bound and determined to kill off those of us who were different, I thought I should be next, but now, I think we're beginning to get past that, and I'd like to stay. I'll be honest - the rudeness and the condescension was a bit much for me. Sorry I can't tell you more.

You have to understand that we're Jet fans. We not only fight amongst ourselves, but we also have a blood feud with Boston fans who frequent all our sites.

The latter can't be underestimated. Boston fans chanted "New York Knicks" as LeBron James shot free throws. That's incredibly cruel.

For Cleveland fans, that's the equivalent of making fun of someone's dying mother.

You DMZ weirdo's are sensitive. Relax already.

Tony S. you are doing nothing to make me less suspicious of you. You've been rereading for hours. Yet you've been keeping up with the thread. You half revealed. You are all emo and ****. You wanted to get voted because it would help the town answer questions, now you want to stay.

WTF is wrong with you?

Ok. I'm a bit lost with all this (I guess there was a lot going on behind the scenes? I get the stuff about insults, but I wasn't aware everything was so serious), but Soprano maybe you can help me figure this out...

I put my vote on you to get you talking...you did. You said earlier your death would help the town. I'm not pushing for a role reveal, I agree that's not in our best interest especially with our doc down...BUT...is your death still in the best interest of the town?

Ok, this Tony S thing makes me leery and I want to see more from Tony before I make a call. In the meantime though, in my re-read there is one thing that really jumped out at me. Lefty posted this at the beginning of the day:

Damn, I was hoping there was an SK. This game is going to take forever. Sucks to lose the healer. At least we didn't lose anyone that was actually playing though.

This is bothering me a lot, especially since his reaction to people calling him out was "Meh, look on the bright side, he wasn't very active!" Which, frankly, isn't much of a defense at all.

Pending this Tony situation I could very well change my vote, but in the meantime, Vote: Lefty

Ok, this Tony S thing makes me leery and I want to see more from Tony before I make a call. In the meantime though, in my re-read there is one thing that really jumped out at me. Lefty posted this at the beginning of the day:

This is bothering me a lot, especially since his reaction to people calling him out was "Meh, look on the bright side, he wasn't very active!" Which, frankly, isn't much of a defense at all.

Pending this Tony situation I could very well change my vote, but in the meantime, Vote: Lefty

Well, that's a bit of simplification, and spin/lying. Point out where that was my reaction to someone calling me out and I'll add the second vote on myself personally.

Alright Lefty, here's the 4 posts immediately following it:

Your post just might top Al's as the dumbest so far. We've already lost our healer and finder and you make light because of his inactivity? He was inactive as to not stand out.

Obviously that doesn't work.

Obviously it doesn't. However you casually dismissing that our doc is dead due to inactivity (no big deal) makes zero sense.

Consider it looking at the bright side.

Hey guys

Sorry for being inactive today, unfortunately tomorrow isn't looking much better since my parents are visiting...

But good news is I will be all over this thread this weekend and next week looks great too, so I should be picking things up. Sorry for slacking.

Anyways, with 18 players.. odds that we lynch scum are still not favorable.. and I dont want to unnecessarily force players into a reveal since that just narrows down a NK for the avatar...

So I am going to Vote Tony S. ... He said lynching him will help town, so whether it is taking scum down with him, revealing scum, or getting a mod confirmed inn (hopefully something along these lines).. then it will still put us in good shape

Alright Lefty, here's the 4 posts immediately following it:

And where did I tell anyone to look on the bright side, and where did I mention his inactivity in response to something someone said to me?

Ok. I'm a bit lost with all this (I guess there was a lot going on behind the scenes? I get the stuff about insults, but I wasn't aware everything was so serious), but Soprano maybe you can help me figure this out...

I put my vote on you to get you talking...you did. You said earlier your death would help the town. I'm not pushing for a role reveal, I agree that's not in our best interest especially with our doc down...BUT...is your death still in the best interest of the town?

I'll try again. IF you're going to vote someone off based on in activity or being different, I would be a good choice. If you are more interested in hunting scum, then let's do that together. My death would only be in the best interests of the town if it was between me and a power role. Let's face it, we did that yesterday, and we could end up doing it again.

I have my notes ready. Sorry the reread took so long. Had to do dinner and stuff for the kiddos. Let me just catch up with you guys and I'll post them.

One thing that came out in my reread that I wanted to say - I AM one of those who doesn't have much to say on the first few days - frankly, I hate day ones - and you won't be able to shut me up later. ;)

I'll try again. IF you're going to vote someone off based on in activity or being different, I would be a good choice. If you are more interested in hunting scum, then let's do that together. My death would only be in the best interests of the town if it was between me and a power role. Let's face it, we did that yesterday, and we could end up doing it again.

Sorry. That was confusing. It should read - My lynch would only benefit the town if it was to save a power role from going down, assuming we have any left. I don't want the town to lose anybody, but better me than someone more important. However, I would rather we find scum.

Moving on ....

It turns out, it was mostly one person who was pinging my radar. The alt thing still throws me. We all look alike - well, except me. The naked babe does tend to make me stand out a bit. ;)

I think they're unrelated. We don't know that mafia was the last to put in their night action. They easily could've had it in before his post. I also don't think he was onto anything. Here's his post:

Referring to this one:

But then here's his death scene:

Do we think scum have a healer, too? Of course not.

Besides, mafia doesn't need a traditional finder being that they know who's scum and who's not. That's not to say they don't have a role finder, watcher, tracker, etc. - just that I don't think that Wallace's scum finder comment got him killed.

(That

I didn't vote for Al. You want to make up a case for me, at least get your facts straight.

I "claimed" Marcellus was inactive? The guy had two posts when I voted for him. Would you "claim" that he was active?

And yeah, I decided to FOS the guys who were trying to make more of the scum choosing Wallace for the NK than I believe is there. IMO, that could be scum trying to confuse.

As for the passive-aggressive thing, I don't come out guns blazing like I know everything early on, but I do like to prod people. So I guess my aggression is a little passive.

So you'd like to give the inactive guys a pass? Maybe have them lie low for another day phase so they can get picked off at night before we ever here from them?

I'm going to vote: Nicky Santoro for now.

It's not just that the guy only has 6 posts, but that they're six completely empty posts. A couple jokes, a couple agreeing with someone else, one friendly post where he copies Doggin's final vote count on Al like that's some great benefit to the town. Looks to me like he could be trying to stay hidden by just barely staying active.

That makes absolutely no sense. You

So subtle if he is scum. Exactly how I would play it. Way to look like you're saying something by saying nothing.

*tears hair out* I'm so sorry. My daughter keeps interrupting me and I don't say what I mean to say. Life was easier before the kids learned to talk....

That should read - way to divert attention. At first, I thought Marcellus' death was random, but this really makes me reconsider. Subtle, but could be something. It's too "oh, so casual" to sit well with me. I'm struggling to figure out how to word what I mean, so let's just say my instincts stood at attention.

(and yes, the innuendo was intentional. ;))

So far (I'm still rereading) this is all I've got:

Rolefishing? Maybe.

I'd really like your thoughts on my ideas, because you know each other - the way you typically play here - and I don't.

Back to the reread....

You quote a post shortly after learning that we lost our doc on the heels of losing our cop where I say, "I hope Doggin supplied us with a backup doc," and try to suggest that I'm role fishing? Where in there am I asking for a reveal?

In fact, as soon as Al claimed cop, I was the first to pipe and say, no counter-claims, please!

But the irony in you trying to portray that as role fishing can be found in one of tyour previous posts:

Here's how I see things - we MAY have a backup cop or doc in this game, but if anyone claims those roles, we can't take them at their word. I am the QUEEN (yes, I'm a girl, like that wasn't obvious :P) of fake role claims. And I don't do them half-a$$ed, either. I have yet to be caught at one. Which, of course, is totally beside the point. The point is that the scum could claim those roles, and it's a good gamble, because there is a good chance there will be no counter-claim.

So when I mention the hope of having a backup doc, I'm rolefishing. When you do it your -what?- the concerned, helpful townie?

Hypocrite much?

I mean, if you want to use something I've said against me, you should really try to make it something that you haven't also said. Of course, you've gone one step further. You're saying if anyone claims those roles we can't trust them. So now after offing our original cop and doc, should we get another cop or doc claim we should lynch them, too? This is what you're suggesting, right?

I just want to be clear here.

This is a big game. One that's dependent upon keeping the Avatar alive 'til all the scum are dead. I definitely think it's possible that there's at least a backup doc given the setup of the game. If there is, and we push that player to a reveal, I'll review that claim on it's individual merit, thanks.

But the irony in you trying to portray that as role fishing can be found in one of tyour previous posts:

So when I mention the hope of having a backup doc, I'm rolefishing. When you do it your -what?- the concerned, helpful townie?

Hypocrite much?

I mean, if you want to use something I've said against me, you should really try to make it something that you haven't also said. Of course, you've gone one step further. You're saying if anyone claims those roles we can't trust them. So now after offing our original cop and doc, should we get another cop or doc claim we should lynch them, too? This is what you're suggesting, right?

Can you say pwned?

Honestly Tony...you spend 10 hours rereading to make a case against someone's actions when you did the exact same thing? That's some pretty careless play right there...or you just are teh suck.

Yes, because it shouldn't need to take 23 hours for the scum to talk, especially if the night phase started early evening.

The only reason the day phase took so long to start is because Wallace took his sweet ass time to submit.

Let's be frank here. Wallace was disinterested in the game and most likely had to be prodded by Doggin to do his job. Once he submitted (not long after his 3 and last post presumably) day 2 started.

Capone was the finder, aka the cop. Wallace was the healer, aka doc. Wallace was talking out his ass when he said there was a mafia finder because there is no such thing as a mafia cop.

Wallace probably confused "finder" with tracker, but--as you know since you've modded so much--is a completely different role than cop.

This just seems like a lot of assuming. We dont really know when who submitted what...to speculate that seems futile. How is it going to help find scum?

IMO we need to focus on whats apparent in the thread that we can see...we cant see what happens behind the scenes (or maybe you can ;)).

Right now, we know Sonny loves 3rd Bass. Tony isnt very good at this game and has posted some sketchy ****. Fredo has some wild strange ideas. Lefty has done a complete 180 with this attitude/tone. And we have a bunch of inactives.

I'm choosing to focus on Tony because of his flip flopping should I stay or should I go routine, and then it was reinforced when he finally reread after 10 hours only to throw a vote on someone for the same exact thing he said earlier in the game. That is as good as a reason to vote someone as you can find in these games...and I cant wait to hear his response to Ace calling him out on it.

FWIW, This isnt directed solely at you Snaps...this is just something I wanted to get out there because I think worrying about Marcellus and the timing of everything that happened at night is focusing on what we can control and what we dont know. We have enough to go on thats happening in plain view to make an informed decision.

To piggy back Rooney, IDK WTF is going on in this game...but this is a snoozer...I mean how boring can it get?

8 people are viewing and nobody is posting. I understand we all have busy lives...but holy ****. If you are reading the ****ing thread...post something!!! We are going to be here till ****ing August.

Maybe the DMZ'ers bitching about the regulars love for banter and ghey jokes has deterred some from posting but **** that!!! Let those over sensitive way too serious weirdo's play the way they want to play on their site and we play the way we play on our site.

Maybe its the Alts...IDK...but for **** sake, post something if you are viewing the god damn thread. There is plenty to talk about. We dont need to rush anything but if you have the time to view the thread, take the time to post something...anything.

Thanks,

~ Frank

Yes, because it shouldn't need to take 23 hours for the scum to talk, especially if the night phase started early evening.

The only reason the day phase took so long to start is because Wallace took his sweet ass time to submit.

Let's be frank here. Wallace was disinterested in the game and most likely had to be prodded by Doggin to do his job. Once he submitted (not long after his 3 and last post presumably) day 2 started.

Capone was the finder, aka the cop. Wallace was the healer, aka doc. Wallace was talking out his ass when he said there was a mafia finder because there is no such thing as a mafia cop.

Wallace probably confused "finder" with tracker, but--as you know since you've modded so much--is a completely different role than cop.

Wow, you're almost as awesome as Stallone was in the movie your avatar is from.

If Wallace was already dead, Doggin wouldn't have waited for him to turn in a night action, so we weren't waiting on Wallace.

There is absolutely a such thing thing as a mafia cop, especially in games with multiple mafia teams (like in a game where the theme is about four natons). The real bitch will be if the mafia has a dayfinder. Of course to offset the power of that role, a mod might make it a condition that the player investigated is notified that they were investigated.

Of course, I'm just talking out of my weird ass here, because I'm sure that Doggin wouldn't do that. Nah.

Wallace had no reason at all to say "mafia finder", unless ohe knew that there was one. And how would he know that?

The trick to this will be to keep your minds open. I'm not saying that an mafia-dayfinder that announces in this game. I'm just saying that it might be.

I am saying with certainty that if we go down the line, voting each player up until they reveal, the town will lose this game.

To piggy back Rooney, IDK WTF is going on in this game...but this is a snoozer...I mean how boring can it get?

8 people are viewing and nobody is posting. I understand we all have busy lives...but holy ****. If you are reading the ****ing thread...post something!!! We are going to be here till ****ing August.

Maybe the DMZ'ers bitching about the regulars love for banter and ghey jokes has deterred some from posting but **** that!!! Let those over sensitive way too serious weirdo's play the way they want to play on their site and we play the way we play on our site.

Maybe its the Alts...IDK...but for **** sake, post something if you are viewing the god damn thread. There is plenty to talk about. We dont need to rush anything but if you have the time to view the thread, take the time to post something...anything.

Thanks,

~ Frank

How about you cool out . The Site vs Site crap has been beat to death already is there a need to keep insulting like a retard ? Just back off and play the game like you suggest and stop pointing fingers.

Archived