Doggin94it

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Al train

Carlito Brigante, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Oscar 'Snaps' Provolone, Fredo Corleone, Nicky Santoro, Tommy Devito, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Sonny LoSpecchio, Virgil

Non commenters between reveal and hammer

Nicky, Cabot, Fredo, Virgil, Carlito, and Oscar.

Nicky, carlito, oscar, fredo all we're al voters tht never had a chance to unvote..

===

cliff notes of posts between reveal and hammer

John Rooney questioned due to his sacrificng himself comment, never unvoted

Ace wants no counterclaims

pac is an idiot

rooney agrees with no counter claims

lefty's unsure, thinks we have to have a better finder

al taunts

lefty being patient, thinks it's a scum role, wants to hammer but not sure

Tony M agrees with john and ace about questionable reveal and no counterclaims

vito questions the details of the reveal

al asks to be hammered

ace supports that he is likely the cop and that al is dumb

left undermines the claim some more.. thinks it's a scum power

henry makes fun of pac idiot

john wants to know why lefty thinks it's a scum role

lefty gives some explanation

Frank doesn't like the claim either

al taunts some more

michael buys the reveal thinks fire will be scum

lefty reqoutes al's reeveal to challange the idea that all fire are scum

henry trys to get al to defend better and chastises him

henry tries to answer are all scum fire nation point

jimmmy comments on al's taunts about a meltdown coming

tony montana is attackign again the first post where al says he'll take one for the team

tony S says there could more then 1 finder, but that he doesn't buy the reveal

ace comments on al's taunting and leands towards BS

john researching to find fire characters who may not be scum

tommy asserts again that al is likely to die night 1 if not lying

mike is losing faith in the reveal due to tony m and others points about al getting nk'd

lefty is doubting any defense of al, insisting for al to give answers he clearly isn't going to give

john decides he's staying on al, due to numerous misteps

ace agrees with lefty's undermining of al's role claim on the how important could it be angle if it doesn't catch all scum

tony challanges michael on why he believe the claim

michael gives a solid post abotu the flavor al used as why he believed it

ace likes michael's post about flavor but thinks it could be a scum power role

marcellus votes joe

lefty wonders if non scum fire nation results could be third party, thinks al is homo

tony and lefty ride marcellus abotu contribution

tommy wants to know why non voters aren't voting

frank does too

tommy doesn't want to force anymore reveals, think we should lynch al regardless

sonny keeps his vote where it is

crusher tries to make a joke

ace wonders why nobody unvoted

tommy tries to explain why

ace is waffling on the hammer

tommy isn't sure al is scum, but thinks we have to finish him now, say he isn't prodding people to vote, even though he kind of is

tony m pushes ace to hammer

sonny wants to know why the non voteres aren't voting

ace wants to hear from non voters

fredo agrees with tommy about just killing him now due to reveals being bad for the town

left doesn't answer why he hasn't voted but points finger on those that haven't commented

fredo agrees with ace and thinks that all townies are on al's train due to no unvotes

lefty doesn't know what fredo is agreeign with

fredo explains more about not wanting too many reveals and then gives rational to lynch al

tommy responds to fredo about tangent point

left responds to fredo about no way to use town's knowledge of avatar against scum

virgil hammers

lefty gets mad about the hammer he had spent last 10 posts encouraging

==

There were several people who proded along the lynch but never got their hands dirty

, lefty, ace, frank and vito being most noteworthy

I also think we gotta lok even harder at inactives and people be cautious not to get into it too deep with anyone..

I see. My theories are weird, but Sonny can make the 3rd bass post, followed by some "dynamite goes boom" crap, and that's cool. Got it.

Sonny, did you want to say anything to the group about those posts? If not, can you feature De La Soul in your next expose'?

It's an obvious post restriction. Something in his character requires him to make irrelevant posts at certain time (number & time unknown).

Generally, I haven't seen a scum have such a post restriction. It would be really detrimental if scum did.

You think that's a scum tell? That rather than your weird theories?

Despite that, I think people thus far view your weird theories as just that--weird--rather than scummy.

So I'll ...

Unvote: Fredo

Vote: Nicky

I see. My theories are weird, but Sonny can make the 3rd bass post, followed by some "dynamite goes boom" crap, and that's cool. Got it.

Sonny, did you want to say anything to the group about those posts? If not, can you feature De La Soul in your next expose'?

I want to say...

WUmIdifIpic

I think it's probably a waste of time at this point. Probably just a role Doggin threw into the game for his own amusement. Personally, I'm waiting to see if he does it again.

I didn't vote for Al. You want to make up a case for me, at least get your facts straight.

I "claimed" Marcellus was inactive? The guy had two posts when I voted for him. Would you "claim" that he was active?

And yeah, I decided to FOS the guys who were trying to make more of the scum choosing Wallace for the NK than I believe is there. IMO, that could be scum trying to confuse.

As for the passive-aggressive thing, I don't come out guns blazing like I know everything early on, but I do like to prod people. So I guess my aggression is a little passive.

So you'd like to give the inactive guys a pass? Maybe have them lie low for another day phase so they can get picked off at night before we ever here from them?

I'm going to vote: Nicky Santoro for now.

It's not just that the guy only has 6 posts, but that they're six completely empty posts. A couple jokes, a couple agreeing with someone else, one friendly post where he copies Doggin's final vote count on Al like that's some great benefit to the town. Looks to me like he could be trying to stay hidden by just barely staying active.

I'm here, and I've been following the game really closely. I have not spoken up often because I've had very little to contribute, and I prefer to post when I have something to actually contribute.

However, I am in the middle of a re-read and will get back to you later this evening with whom I'm suspicious of.

Well we have to keep in mind people do get busy . I have been in games where people were inactive in the beginning then would not shut up towards the end. Im just being a little cautious due to the first day disaster the town has to now deal with.

We have to ask ourseleves do we want to be agressive now ?

I don't think anyone is at the point of saying "lynch the inactives now!", at least that's not what I intended. But we don't have a whole lot to go off of right now and we could really use some input from everyone cause if its just the same few people spinning their wheels we're gonna go nowhere fast.

For the record I have a hard time believing getting the healer was anything other than luck for scum. I really don't see how they could've figured anything out for his role based on "checking in" "vote Joe" and one final post about a reverse finder. I'd think it was far more likely they were shooting an inactive in the hopes that the avatar was being overly quiet. Another reason for the less active posters to contribute. If the scum don't have any solid theories on who the avatar is I wouldn't put it past them to do the same thing in hopes of finding the avatar or potentially leading someone to slip up on something.

Like I said, I would've voted for him again today. He had two posts in the entire game when I placed that vote. We were stuck waiting for Al's return, and I figured I'd go in a different direction - maybe try to get one of the inactive players posting.

Cabot and Lefty are getting a little heat early today, but I agree with them in these posts:

The bold is what I was trying to do. Sop[rano has since piped up, but I'd like to hear from Conway now, too.

Again, the bold is what I was doing with my vote. Aside from being f**ked (at least I hope we aren't), I agree with this entire post. The inactives have to start speaking up. If for no other reason than they could be next. I don't think it's a coincidence that Wallace had the lowest post count in the game whan he was NK'd.

I'm still reading and catching up, but I wanted to comment on this. I'd actually be a good choice to go next. I obviously don't want to say why. In fact, I can't say why. But it might help, although I doubt anything will help us at this point, unless Doggin put some other power roles or backups in the game. This is my first time playing in a game of his, so I can't even speculate on that.

Let's see if we can agree on one thing: If everybody keeps throwing votes out, we risk outing the Avatar. All the mafia needs to do is wait and see who we never let get above six votes (just in case there are 5 mafia).

This is why I speculated that the first voters on Al's lynch were town.

Does anyone see it differently?

Second, Sonny is the only one so far who has given us an actual clue, which is whi I said I am most interested in hearing from him first - but I'm not voting yet.

Is everyone down with that?

Out of curiousity, what does it say about you that you were in the ever so popular scum area of voting in the 5/6 range?

There were several people who proded along the lynch but never got their hands dirty

, lefty, ace, frank and vito being most noteworthy

I also think we gotta lok even harder at inactives and people be cautious not to get into it too deep with anyone..

I'm not following you here? I dont know what the other 3 you named were doing but I voted Joe for his weird move after Al threw out his retarded idea...you did too.

I'm still reading and catching up, but I wanted to comment on this. I'd actually be a good choice to go next. I obviously don't want to say why. In fact, I can't say why. But it might help, although I doubt anything will help us at this point, unless Doggin put some other power roles or backups in the game. This is my first time playing in a game of his, so I can't even speculate on that.

What? Oh boy...

I can underatnd that but Tony is saying there are too many people posting about nothing...we have nothing and will have nothing if there are a bunch of people not posting. The problem is that this method works for scum as much it does for town.

I got a little annoyed with his King Tut attitude towards useless posting with a few of his own and then having other stuff to do including another game. I'm fine if you don't post a lot but if you do make it count don't just complain about other posters posting habits.

Again, still catching up. I'm not going to go all defensive on you, but that's what I was doing, and you didn't seem to like it, so I explained, not complained. And, you may not like it, but the other game is one I'm modding, and my responsibility to my players comes first.

I haven't found a lot to comment on yet. Playing mafia here is much like playing in an alternate universe. When I have something useful to say, I will.

Looks like we've *kind of* got two trains going. Good job with the long write up Sonny, though a couple of thoughts: You seem to have it out for Lefty, no? And secondly -- you referred to me as prodding the train but not getting my hands dirty...and your evidence was that I questioned the reveal. By questioned the reveal are you referring to my post asking how his reveal was anything but finder? When, you know...he was in fact the finder :P

You DM players have the right idea. Screw trying to be proactive, I'm just going to take it easy from now on and wait until something obvious falls into our laps. See you all then! :cool0043:

unvote

Considering there are only a handful of people heavily contributing I think it's safe to say both DM and JN folks are playing a bit shy...which is odd, considering having alts has generally helped people come out of their shells more and play more proactive.

Again, still catching up. I'm not going to go all defensive on you, but that's what I was doing, and you didn't seem to like it, so I explained, not complained. And, you may not like it, but the other game is one I'm modding, and my responsibility to my players comes first.

I haven't found a lot to comment on yet. Playing mafia here is much like playing in an alternate universe. When I have something useful to say, I will.

1) So you're complaining there is too much posting to sift through...yet you haven't found anything to comment on yet?

2) You have it backwards. You explained/complained...I didn't like it....you got defensive.

3) Basically a quarter of the players in this game are from your own DM thing/"universe".

4) You're on a Jets/Football Fan site. We like to **** around. Get used to it. It's no biggie.

5) That fact that you're modding another game is not my problem.

6) What the hell did you mean you're a good choice to go next?

1) So you're complaining there is too much posting to sift through...yet you haven't found anything to comment on yet?

2) You have it backwards. You explained/complained...I didn't like it....you got defensive.

3) Basically a quarter of the players in this game are from your own DM thing/"universe".

4) You're on a Jets/Football Fan site. We like to **** around. Get used to it. It's no biggie.

5) That fact that you're modding another game is not my problem.

6) What the hell did you mean you're a good choice to go next?

Yes to all this...his post has by far bothered me the most today.

Vote Tony S.

WTF?

My role PM says I can't spell it out for you, or even hint. Sorry. That's all you're getting. Believe it or not. Your choice. If you want to lynch people just because they play differently than you, I'm a good choice for next. I think that's a crappy reason to vote someone, but that's just me.

The problem is, some people have confused this game for their drama class.

As long as you know how to play, who f****ing cares what site you are from?

If a lot of players are inacyive in a game with ats, then there has to be something up with the roles, right?

***weird theory alert***

I read the wiki on the TV show, and it talked about four nations - Earth, Air, Fire, and Water. It said that each of the nations had powerful magic and spirits, so I'm guessing that means another game with lots of roles. Could be a cult in there as well.

I'm also guessing that Doggin has chosen some interesting roles from the site with all of them listed.

So why don't the geniozes come up with some ideas and we get this game going instead of sucking.

I never once said or claimed I was better than you all but I will say that yes, to whoever said it, I am an experienced player.. I have been playing for 3 years and have taken down the likes of Doggin and Wes before. I, however, have never played a game where all people do is hurl insults at each other. We have a bit of respect for each other in the games on DM. Several of you, however, seem to think you are better than me or others playing the game. Get over yourselves and play the game instead of hurling insults like this is the elementary school yard and you are the big bad 5th graders picking on the 2nd graders.

Tony... I dunno what is up with you dude but your little fake half reveal bull won't fly with me. Neither will the apathy thing. You want to be next then so be it. Pretending you don't care won't make people not vote for you...

Vote Tony

Whats funny is the insults and attacks are in fun but they do tend to hurt the game sometimes and I think thats exactly why Doggin selected alts for this game. Im sure he put alot of effort into designing this game for us to play so out of respect to him lets just move on from the back and forth crap and have some fun.

I see alot of ground work being laid in the beginnings of this game both to cover up and to use later on. I still think Ace is suspicious and Tony playing the current martyr role should get some attention.

For now Im voting Ace

My role PM says I can't spell it out for you, or even hint. Sorry. That's all you're getting. Believe it or not. Your choice. If you want to lynch people just because they play differently than you, I'm a good choice for next. I think that's a crappy reason to vote someone, but that's just me.

How about, just because your play so far has sucked ass?

I never once said or claimed I was better than you all but I will say that yes, to whoever said it, I am an experienced player.. I have been playing for 3 years and have taken down the likes of Doggin and Wes before. I, however, have never played a game where all people do is hurl insults at each other. We have a bit of respect for each other in the games on DM. Several of you, however, seem to think you are better than me or others playing the game. Get over yourselves and play the game instead of hurling insults like this is the elementary school yard and you are the big bad 5th graders picking on the 2nd graders.

Tony... I dunno what is up with you dude but your little fake half reveal bull won't fly with me. Neither will the apathy thing. You want to be next then so be it. Pretending you don't care won't make people not vote for you...

Vote Tony

Sounds like a reasonable request. Read thru and I have to wonder about Fredo. Some of the stuff he's throwing out seems to be to create confusion. I need to go back thru it, and I will pull some stuff out when I can get thru it. Interesting how his train stalled quick and I want to go back and check why. So FOS on Fredo.

Soprano right now just weirded the hell out. What the hell is it with this place where everyone has a need to reveal and then offer themselves up to slaughter? Al makes horrible post stating he's offering himself up for the team, and turns out to be the cop. Now Tony suggest he has some role of benefit when he dies and suggest maybe we should kill him next? WTF. We have lost back to back power roles and now we got players offering themself up for some post mortem greater good. No idea what to make of this.

My mind could run wild and think maybe a bomb? Lynch and maybe someone dies with him, randomly or otherwise. Hardest part here is to decide if this is a town of mafia role?

Vote Tony

Look, I'm obviously posting more than anyone else so far....so what's one more post and then I promise I will shut up.

I think there's a little something going on with the guys/gals from whatever the other site is, maybe there's a little tension here? I guess? Virgil and Tony maybe stand out a little more. Guys/Gals whathaveyou, It's ALL FREAKING GOOD. We all know this is just a game...for fun! There's obviously a tone here that you're not used too...but NO WORRIES. Whatever you do, DO NOT take things personally...EVER. Even when you guys are freaking out because of the post counts and insults...and if there is some sort of retaliation...it's all just part of the confines of the game....ALWAYS.

Where are bunch of grown dopes playing games online. Come on man, seriously. Now GAME OFF for 10 seconds....Electronic Group Hug. There, NOW THAT FELT GOOD, right?

Ok, GAME ON!!! (Everyone's happy icon)

I'm with Virgil. I treat everyone with the utmost respect at all times and hate when I don't get it in return.

For the record I've taken out the likes of Kleck73isGod on more than 1 occasion.

Peace my internet brothers and sisters.

How about, just because your play so far has sucked ass?

Now, that would be a good reason, and you're right. I wasn't really enthusiastic about this game up till now.

*rolls up his sleeves to play some down and dirty mafia*

Here's how I see things - we MAY have a backup cop or doc in this game, but if anyone claims those roles, we can't take them at their word. I am the QUEEN (yes, I'm a girl, like that wasn't obvious :P) of fake role claims. And I don't do them half-a$$ed, either. I have yet to be caught at one. Which, of course, is totally beside the point. The point is that the scum could claim those roles, and it's a good gamble, because there is a good chance there will be no counter-claim. I'm guessing you guys probably know that, but since I don't know you, I don't know what you know and what you don't.

I think about three people have pinged my scumdar so far. I'll go back and get some quotes and offer up my opinions there, too. And I don't mess around with FOS. If I think their scum I vote them. I also don't tip off the mafia by spewing out every little thought in my head, so you won't be seeing that from me. I wait till I've really got something worthwhile to contribute.

And no, we from DM aren't necessarily better than you - just different. Lots and lots of random conversation tends to be a scumtell where I come from. Here, it's par for the course, I guess. Different, but not scummy.

Virgil, I'll check with Doggin and see if I can give you guys a little more.

Sounds like a reasonable request. Read thru and I have to wonder about Fredo. Some of the stuff he's throwing out seems to be to create confusion. I need to go back thru it, and I will pull some stuff out when I can get thru it. Interesting how his train stalled quick and I want to go back and check why. So FOS on Fredo.

Soprano right now just weirded the hell out. What the hell is it with this place where everyone has a need to reveal and then offer themselves up to slaughter? Al makes horrible post stating he's offering himself up for the team, and turns out to be the cop. Now Tony suggest he has some role of benefit when he dies and suggest maybe we should kill him next? WTF. We have lost back to back power roles and now we got players offering themself up for some post mortem greater good. No idea what to make of this.

My mind could run wild and think maybe a bomb? Lynch and maybe someone dies with him, randomly or otherwise. Hardest part here is to decide if this is a town of mafia role?

I might not be allowed to hint at what it is, but I can definitely tell you no on all those theories.

As been mentioned, pissing matches are all in fun BUT they do distract us from the matter at hand.

Tony, you're claiming a role and say you can't say much about it. That's shady, but CTM did the same thing last game and he was town. So I don't know where to proceed from there other than letting it go for now.

You say 3 people have pinged your scumdar. Who are they and why?

The town needs as much information as possible.

Look, I'm obviously posting more than anyone else so far....so what's one more post and then I promise I will shut up.

I think there's a little something going on with the guys/gals from whatever the other site is, maybe there's a little tension here? I guess? Virgil and Tony maybe stand out a little more. Guys/Gals whathaveyou, It's ALL FREAKING GOOD. We all know this is just a game...for fun! There's obviously a tone here that you're not used too...but NO WORRIES. Whatever you do, DO NOT take things personally...EVER. Even when you guys are freaking out because of the post counts and insults...and if there is some sort of retaliation...it's all just part of the confines of the game....ALWAYS.

Where are bunch of grown dopes playing games online. Come on man, seriously. Now GAME OFF for 10 seconds....Electronic Group Hug. There, NOW THAT FELT GOOD, right?

Ok, GAME ON!!! (Everyone's happy icon)

Oh. Dear. Lord. Are we that bad? Two cultures clash, and the sparks fly. Fun, but let's play mafia, shall we?

As been mentioned, pissing matches are all in fun BUT they do distract us from the matter at hand.

Tony, you're claiming a role and say you can't say much about it. That's shady, but CTM did the same thing last game and he was town. So I don't know where to proceed from there other than letting it go for now.

You say 3 people have pinged your scumdar. Who are they and why?

The town needs as much information as possible.

Sorry about so many posts in a row.

Working on that, Oscar..... be back with it some time tonight. I'm fitting the game in between family stuff.

Archived