Doggin94it

This is good, if we lynch you and you're telling the truth, then we know scum have roles too. Which would mean a pretty good chance we have more safeguards than just the dead doc.

Just two roleblocks though? Seems pretty weak in such a large game.

What a scumalicious thing to say. Trying to lull the town into thinking backup roles are out there is not what they need. The town should play it like they don't have any safeguards - but you know that.

But your big slip is calling my two-roleblock claim weak. If Doggin gave me two roleblocks, chances are he gave other people similar roles. It would help to balance a game with many roles, just aswe have all figured this one has.

Nice try though, and do keep posting. I'm retty sure I can nail at least one more of your scumbuddies if you'll just keep talking. heh

And right about now, those people are looking at you for the scum that you are.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are gonna think I'm nuts (well, more than you already do) but Fredo makes a lot of sense. I don't like losing two more townies, but better that than running up votes on everybody but the Avatar. His power is more useful than mine, and you will gain some decent info from my death. I'd actually recommend lynching me first. I CANNOT believe I'm saying that, but yeah, that's my advice. Get me to L-1 and I'll follow with the hammer on myself.

unvoting for now.

I am sticking my vote on Lefty. I think he has been playing kind of scummy, and we need all the help we can get going into a night phase.

Fredo, if you block a mafia member does the kill not go through? Or do you have to block the person sending in the kill?

I tend to disagree with you about lynching yourself and Tony. The mafia already knows you two are not the avatar, and therefore you are already scratched off their list, for both a nightkill and casebuilding. So you two are nails in the coffin for potential mafia.

You guys are gonna think I'm nuts (well, more than you already do) but Fredo makes a lot of sense. I don't like losing two more townies, but better that than running up votes on everybody but the Avatar. His power is more useful than mine, and you will gain some decent info from my death. I'd actually recommend lynching me first. I CANNOT believe I'm saying that, but yeah, that's my advice. Get me to L-1 and I'll follow with the hammer on myself.

Im beginning to think you and Fredo are linked in some way. You are now at 6 votes while fredo stands at 8 and your posting telling us to bring you to L-1 ?? Why would you do this when the tables seem to be turning ? Your not making sense.

unvoting for now.

I am sticking my vote on Lefty. I think he has been playing kind of scummy, and we need all the help we can get going into a night phase.

Fredo, if you block a mafia member does the kill not go through? Or do you have to block the person sending in the kill?

I tend to disagree with you about lynching yourself and Tony. The mafia already knows you two are not the avatar, and therefore you are already scratched off their list, for both a nightkill and casebuilding. So you two are nails in the coffin for potential mafia.

That is 100% wrong - an experienced player should know that.

Leaving us on the board makes it easier for the mafia to pinpoint the Avatar, plain and simple. With no finder or healer, the town cannot risk it.

Picture this - the mafia have a list of 15 or 16 players, and 4 of those names are already scratched off - that's a quarter of the list - and we're on day two.

Killing us and avoiding running up the lynch on anyone else will leave them with only their nightkill to search for the Avatar with. During that time, the town gets information on 4 players that you can use to find the mafia.

Kill us in whatever order you like, but kill us.

For the roleblock, I pick a player, and if they send in a night action, it gets blocked.

Leaving us on the board makes it easier for the mafia to pinpoint the Avatar, plain and simple. With no finder or healer, the town cannot risk it.

Picture this - the mafia have a list of 15 or 16 players, and 4 of those names are already scratched off - that's a quarter of the list - and we're on day two.

Killing us and avoiding running up the lynch on anyone else will leave them with only their nightkill to search for the Avatar with. During that time, the town gets information on 4 players that you can use to find the mafia.

For the roleblock, I pick a player, and if they send in a night action, it gets blocked.

Either way you are off the list. You are suggesting that we lynch Lefty, because he is scum. Well if we lynch two proposed townies then the mafia still get their nk then the numbers will be leveling out in the mafia's favor to reach a majority, and scratch off who the avatar is. Lefty will reveal if he is town and around l-1, so either way another player will be racking up votes.

Im beginning to think you and Fredo are linked in some way. You are now at 6 votes while fredo stands at 8 and your posting telling us to bring you to L-1 ?? Why would you do this when the tables seem to be turning ? Your not making sense.

We're not linked, but killing both of us makes sense and is necessary.

The worst thing for the town is to run up the lynch on anyone else, force them to reveal, and give the mafia another name to scratch off.

Either way you are off the list. You are suggesting that we lynch Lefty, because he is scum. Well if we lynch two proposed townies then the mafia still get their nk then the numbers will be leveling out in the mafia's favor to reach a majority, and scratch off who the avatar is. Lefty will reveal if he is town and around l-1, so either way another player will be racking up votes.

I'm suggesting that you lynch myself and Tony S. Then, with all of the information you have gained, decide who you are going to lynch, and then all vote at the same time - no matter what the player reveals.

It will just like playing a blind game with no coroner, except you still get the info.

Because keeping myself alive isn't as important as keeping the Avatar alive. Even Fredo, who needs to go, too, can at least maybe do some damage before he goes. We all know nobody's going to try to nightkill me tonight. So I am useless. I believe you used that word toward me a couple of times. ;)

Somebody accused me of playing the game selfishly a while back, and I didn't see it at the time, but I do now. I am scum far too often these days, and fighting to stay alive is second nature. Sort of knee-jerk, even. I was wrong - plain and simple

If you don't like that plan, how's this one:

Run up a vote count on the Avatar, too, just not high enough that the scum can hammer him. Risky, but at least it will keep that neon sign from over his head.

Except for the sudden rise in votes for that player after you've suggested this. I'd think that would qualify as a giant neon sign. That's not even a remotely viable option during this day phase. At this point even if I did believe both you and Fredo are innocent I think you guys are right at least 1 of you has to go today. Personally I'm comfortable with where my vote is

Because keeping myself alive isn't as important as keeping the Avatar alive. Even Fredo, who needs to go, too, can at least maybe do some damage before he goes. We all know nobody's going to try to nightkill me tonight. So I am useless. I believe you used that word toward me a couple of times. ;)

Somebody accused me of playing the game selfishly a while back, and I didn't see it at the time, but I do now. I am scum far too often these days, and fighting to stay alive is second nature. Sort of knee-jerk, even. I was wrong - plain and simple

This is the best post of the weekend, and this goes for everyone.

Problem is Tony, I think I actually buy your innocence, but the point that we can't keep revealing power roles is too good. I thought for a bit maybe Fredo was BS'ng, but a two-time RB use isn't the kind of thing you make up, either.

We're in a tough spot, but that was obvious coming in to the day phase. It makes more sense to off Tony still, IMO. Scum aren't going after Tony regardless at this point, but at least Fredo has a blind chance to get lucky tonight. I say we off Tony, and Fredo takes a shot without telling anyone who he's going after. If he's successful, we'd know tomorrow, if not we'd know he guessed wrong just not who -- but it wouldn't clear that person anyways.

What a scumalicious thing to say. Trying to lull the town into thinking backup roles are out there is not what they need. The town should play it like they don't have any safeguards - but you know that.

But your big slip is calling my two-roleblock claim weak. If Doggin gave me two roleblocks, chances are he gave other people similar roles. It would help to balance a game with many roles, just aswe have all figured this one has.

Nice try though, and do keep posting. I'm retty sure I can nail at least one more of your scumbuddies if you'll just keep talking. heh

Wow. I leave last night and Fredo is my best bet for scum followed by Tony and now they both want to be martyred. Not so bad, except I tend to agree with Fredo about not narrowing it down any further for the mafia to pick off the Avatar. More players not revealed the better chance of protecting. At his point I have to agree that Soprano and Fredo should go. If Soprano wants to go first so be it.

unvote

vote Soprano

Absolutely do not try and run a vote up on the Avatar- avoid running votes up all together. It's the only way to be sure.

Does everyone know what I'm talking about when I say playing blind? In some games, the mod dos not tell you the alignment or role of the person lynched or nightkilled until one team wins. So, talking about who to lynch without voting would be similar.

unvote

vote: Soprano

I say we off Tony, and Fredo takes a shot without telling anyone who he's going after. If he's successful, we'd know tomorrow, if not we'd know he guessed wrong just not who -- but it wouldn't clear that person anyways.

Unfortunately, I think this is the way to go, except I don't want Fredo to tell us even if he tries to RB someone tonight. We'll need a confirmation from Doggin, but I doubt Fredo can block NK's. What his role tells us is that the scum have roles, too. Probably why Fredo was insistant about the mafia possibly having a finder early. He knew they were roled.

So I'm believing both Fredo and Soprano right now, but we can't run up another vote tally today. We can address Fredo tomorrow. Right now, we take out Soprano and her largely useless role and accept that as collateral damage.

Guys and Gals play the game as normal.

There is no way Doggin makes a game with a one death win with out multiple townies who can protect the Avatar.

It does not make much of a difference if the Mafia finds out who the Avatar is because they can't get a lynch on the Avatar and If my theory holds true the Mafia will be going after everyone else but the Avatar to get rid of all the protective roles since they cant NK the Avatar.

You will know they know who the Avatar is when there is no NK

Play the game as normal and stop worrying about voting too many people.

I think Tony S does need to go because we cant trust weather or not shes a Townie and that is possible disaster in the endgame.

Fredo Im not so sure needs to die just yet but I would not use your role blocking ability.

Henry Hill is scum if I ever saw it. Im not sold on Lefty yet

Guys and Gals play the game as normal.

There is no way Doggin makes a game with a one death win with out multiple townies who can protect the Avatar.

It does not make much of a difference if the Mafia finds out who the Avatar is because they can't get a lynch on the Avatar and If my theory holds true the Mafia will be going after everyone else but the Avatar to get rid of all the protective roles since they cant NK the Avatar.

You will know they know who the Avatar is when there is no NK

Play the game as normal and stop worrying about voting too many people.

I think Tony S does need to go because we cant trust weather or not shes a Townie and that is possible disaster in the endgame.

Fredo Im not so sure needs to die just yet but I would not use your role blocking ability.

Henry Hill is scum if I ever saw it. Im not sold on Lefty yet

I will, and quickly, if you change your vote to me, darlin'

Lol, how isn't it weak? Chances are that you target a townie and not scum, and even if you do target scum, chances are you don't target the one sending in the NK. What happens if there is a 2nd doc or some other kind of safeguard role and you target them instead of scum? Add on that you can only do it twice, and it becomes an extremely power, imo, from a town perspective.

Lol, how isn't it weak? Chances are that you target a townie and not scum, and even if you do target scum, chances are you don't target the one sending in the NK. What happens if there is a 2nd doc or some other kind of safeguard role and you target them instead of scum? Add on that you can only do it twice, and it becomes an extremely weak power, imo, from a town perspective.

forgot a word

Lol, how isn't it weak? Chances are that you target a townie and not scum, and even if you do target scum, chances are you don't target the one sending in the NK. What happens if there is a 2nd doc or some other kind of safeguard role and you target them instead of scum? Add on that you can only do it twice, and it becomes an extremely power, imo, from a town perspective.

This. I wasn't a big fan of Tony, but at least she recognizes the fact that simply the more townies "reveal" the shorter the list gets for scum to get their instant win. It's one of these two that have to go and Tony gets that. Fredo reveals an... Odd role. Additionally he's trying to push the train on someone else, which will ultimately result in another reveal. The more reveals we have the more we are playing into scum hands.

A lot of us agree that I have to go, and yet so many of you are not taking the opportunity to change your votes. You're posting, even agreeing, but not voting me. I find this curious, and if I were to be around next game day, I'd wonder about you. Just saying....

This. I wasn't a big fan of Tony, but at least she recognizes the fact that simply the more townies "reveal" the shorter the list gets for scum to get their instant win. It's one of these two that have to go and Tony gets that. Fredo reveals an... Odd role. Additionally he's trying to push the train on someone else, which will ultimately result in another reveal. The more reveals we have the more we are playing into scum hands.

You are either scum, or a brainless idiot. Re-read, then come back and make sense.

Looks liek you put quite a bit of thought into that response. Wonder why you would do that? I mena, I've already said I need to die, so your only motivation would be to...not look scummish.

Fail.

You and Rooney should get together. heh

Looks liek you put quite a bit of thought into that response. Wonder why you would do that? I mena, I've already said I need to die, so your only motivation would be to...not look scummish.

Fail.

You and Rooney should get together. heh

You're off the reservation. I'm convinced that at this point anything I do you will find scummy.

Lefty I dont think this would be the time to use role blocks. But the odds on Him blocking the wrong person and the mafia picking the Avatar to NK are pretty slim.

Archived