Doggin94it

Sorry for returning later than I had thought I would.

Sonny, the reason I didn't have a vote on anyone was because there were many players who hadn't really said anything yet other than "checking in". I explained why I wasn't hammering Al in my last post of the previous day phase and in retrospect maybe I should've voted for someone who hadn't chimed in yet in the hopes of getting some discussion going. I hadn't voted yet cause I didn't think there was anything to vote for yet.

Having said that FOS Conway and Soprano. You guys got anything for us? I'm not big on post count voting since I'm usually towards the bottom but Pac has more posts than both these guys.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Damn, I was hoping there was an SK. This game is going to take forever. Sucks to lose the healer. At least we didn't lose anyone that was actually playing though.

Seriously, Lefty?

Alright this game is really starting to take off!

I really believe that Marcellus was not killed because he said there was a Mafia finder.. Doesn't really add up to me

I think the only thing he could have said to get him NKd was his vote on Joe... But he was still more likely a shot in the dark.

Feels like to me they tried to set Cabot up for pressure today, honestly.

What has gone unnoticed was that vote on Marcellus yesterday, from Ace. Again, perhaps a set-up but worth noting.

Searching for something to go with right now, as someone said early we really can't afford to miss again. It'll be hit or miss when I can get in tomorrow, so I'll try to make a case for someone if possible in a bit here.

I have four I'd be willing to go in the direction of: Conway and Soprano because of low post count, Sonny to try and figure out what's going on, or Ace as I mentioned a bit ago. I'm going to vote: Tony Soprano.

We haven't exactly gotten a ton to work with, while losing two big power roles. We've always seen getting people to talk generally gives them more of a chance to slip up (Doggin and DPR last game for example).

Honestly? You guys talk enough for 50 of us. I've never seen more words used and less said. When I have an opinion, I give it. Period. And I only check in a couple of times a day, because I have other stuff, including a game of my own to deal with. When I do, I slog through 6 pages of nonsense, and then generally post. I have no theories on why Marcellus was killed. If I were mafia, I would have just randomly picked someone. That's probably what they did, although here, maybe not. *shrug*

Lefties observation on Marselles makes sense to me. He's not been around the game that much, he knows we lost a townie, takes time to read and pick well. The timing is good.

I buy that Marcellus could've been the last guy to get his night action in based on his inactivity, but the only thing he had to read was his PM from Doggin telling him who the Avatar was to figure out who to protect. Every townie should understand this.

I've got my FOS on you for this post, and Tommy and Fredo for trying to come up with some BS reason that Wallace got whacked based on three posts. If the guy was active, if he was making cases, then yes we should go back and look what he had to say and see if there's anything to why he was killed. But with three posts? No. There's nothing to look at. I think they were shooting for the Avatar and/or just picking off an inactive hoping he was hiding something, or just leaving us with nothing to go on.

But scum would be interested in having us chase our tails over three posts. That would be fun for them.

What has gone unnoticed was that vote on Marcellus yesterday, from Ace. Again, perhaps a set-up but worth noting.

Like I said, I would've voted for him again today. He had two posts in the entire game when I placed that vote. We were stuck waiting for Al's return, and I figured I'd go in a different direction - maybe try to get one of the inactive players posting.

Cabot and Lefty are getting a little heat early today, but I agree with them in these posts:

Sonny, the reason I didn't have a vote on anyone was because there were many players who hadn't really said anything yet other than "checking in". I explained why I wasn't hammering Al in my last post of the previous day phase and in retrospect maybe I should've voted for someone who hadn't chimed in yet in the hopes of getting some discussion going. I hadn't voted yet cause I didn't think there was anything to vote for yet.

Having said that FOS Conway and Soprano. You guys got anything for us? I'm not big on post count voting since I'm usually towards the bottom but Pac has more posts than both these guys.

The bold is what I was trying to do. Sop[rano has since piped up, but I'd like to hear from Conway now, too.

You guys want me to be honest about the doc? Fine, we're ****ed. They're eventually going to find the Avatar, and now we have to assume he doesn't have much if any protection left.

I didn't hammer Al because there were so many players who hadn't spoken up about it yet. Hell, I think two of the players that voted for him never even got a chance to unvote after he revealed.

Regarding post counts, I'm just surprised because I'm usually near the bottom or at the bottom in posts. It just seems to me there are a lot of people who aren't as active as they usually are.

And they killed Marcellus because they're looking for the Avatar. People that hide usually have a reason to hide.

Again, the bold is what I was doing with my vote. Aside from being f**ked (at least I hope we aren't), I agree with this entire post. The inactives have to start speaking up. If for no other reason than they could be next. I don't think it's a coincidence that Wallace had the lowest post count in the game whan he was NK'd.

I've got my FOS on you for this post, and Tommy and Fredo for trying to come up with some BS reason that Wallace got whacked based on three posts. If the guy was active, if he was making cases, then yes we should go back and look what he had to say and see if there's anything to why he was killed. But with three posts? No. There's nothing to look at. I think they were shooting for the Avatar and/or just picking off an inactive hoping he was hiding something, or just leaving us with nothing to go on.

My point was that he didn't post enough to warrant a hit, and plenty of other people were laying low. So we are either dealing with a lucky random shot, or the mafia have some version of a finder - which Marcellus happened to mention. I won't beat it to death, but don't twist what I said.

My point was that he didn't post enough to warrant a hit, and plenty of other people were laying low. So we are either dealing with a lucky random shot, or the mafia have some version of a finder - which Marcellus happened to mention. I won't beat it to death, but don't twist what I said.

Are you saying that you think the Mafia used a finder to discover Wallace was the doc and then NK'd him?

Alright this game is really starting to take off!

I really believe that Marcellus was not killed because he said there was a Mafia finder.. Doesn't really add up to me

I think the only thing he could have said to get him NKd was his vote on Joe... But he was still more likely a shot in the dark.

His vote on Joe ? Why Joe felt threatened ? come on

You guys are wasting your breath trying to figure out why Marcellus was killed it was a lucky draw and that is all. I still have alot more to read before I make my next vote and I suggest you all go through this thread again and try to find something worth while for us to go on cause right now were in deep sh!t. As much as i hate to do it Im going to read through this mess again hopefully we can find something worthwhile to go on we cant afford a lynch of another important role. Those of you who have roles please dont be retards :) .

Are you saying that you think the Mafia used a finder to discover Wallace was the doc and then NK'd him?

I'm just saying that it was a hell of a coincidence. But I'm also going to agree with Carlito and move on. I can keep my suspicions in my back pocket so we don't creat another post ****storm to have to red back through.

Right now I am most interested in hearing from Sonny about his 3rd bass gheyness.

Ace you seem awefully defensive throughout this entire game whats up with that ?

This is like asking if I've stopped beating my wife.

The only post where I've been remotely defensive, to my knowledge, is the one where I responded to Vito mentioning my vote on Marcellus. If you have any other examples, I'm open to being defensive about those as well.

I buy that Marcellus could've been the last guy to get his night action in based on his inactivity, but the only thing he had to read was his PM from Doggin telling him who the Avatar was to figure out who to protect. Every townie should understand this.

But scum would be interested in having us chase our tails over three posts. That would be fun for them.

Ace you caught me. I made the mistake of confusing the two power roles lost. I wasn't referring to him reading his PM, I was referring to him getting a read on the players. Because he wasn't in the game that much and figured if he was away he had some catching up to do before he put in his night action. I realize it's confusing because obviously as the Doc he knew what he had to do, but I posted that thinking about our finder instead. It was fresh in my mind after losing him day 1, just like it was for everyone else.

Sorry about that, not trying to add to the confusion.

You guys want me to be honest about the doc? Fine, we're ****ed. They're eventually going to find the Avatar, and now we have to assume he doesn't have much if any protection left.

I didn't hammer Al because there were so many players who hadn't spoken up about it yet. Hell, I think two of the players that voted for him never even got a chance to unvote after he revealed.

Regarding post counts, I'm just surprised because I'm usually near the bottom or at the bottom in posts. It just seems to me there are a lot of people who aren't as active as they usually are.

And they killed Marcellus because they're looking for the Avatar. People that hide usually have a reason to hide.

Well someone has changed their tone around here. Went from a not caring dick head to helpful nice guy. Though I agree with most of what you say, one post doesnt change the fact you've been a douche the entire game.

A finder is a cop, Fredo.

Capone said that his investigation would come back Air, Fire, Earth, or Water.

OK. I made a dumbf***k post and you've all ripped me up one side and down the other for it. I got no problem with that. In retrospect, it really was the dumbest f***ing thing I could have said. Day 1 has focused completely on that post. Not only that, people are already throwing doubt on my reveal before I reveal. Here it is, I view someone each night and know whether they are from Air, Earth, Fire or Water. From what I understand, most mafia (buit not all) are going to be from Fire. Take from it what you will.

According to the source material, the scum would be Fire, but not all.

Just imagine if the scum had a similar role? Guess where the "air bender" comes from? (nothing controversial here since it's obvious) Yep, air. So if the scum could find who was Air with a finder good chances are that they could hit the air bender and the game would be over. That would make the game seriously imbalanced. It dramatically cuts the 1/15 (presumably) chance of the scum winning the game with 1 NK.

But let's say there is one. Marcelles saying it 23 hours after the deathscene would in no way impact the scum's decision because they'd long have put in the night action. That's common sense.

Ace was FOSing you on this, but I'll go farther. You starter this off as criticizing me for calling it a coincidence and then you try to back it up by concocting a theory based on Marcellus' 3 posts.

I'd like to see where this goes.

Vote: Fredo

A finder is a cop, Fredo.

Capone said that his investigation would come back Air, Fire, Earth, or Water.

According to the source material, the scum would be Fire, but not all.

Just imagine if the scum had a similar role? Guess where the "air bender" comes from? (nothing controversial here since it's obvious) Yep, air. So if the scum could find who was Air with a finder good chances are that they could hit the air bender and the game would be over. That would make the game seriously imbalanced. It dramatically cuts the 1/15 (presumably) chance of the scum winning the game with 1 NK.

But let's say there is one. Marcelles saying it 23 hours after the deathscene would in no way impact the scum's decision because they'd long have put in the night action. That's common sense.

Ace was FOSing you on this, but I'll go farther. You starter this off as criticizing me for calling it a coincidence and then you try to back it up by concocting a theory based on Marcellus' 3 posts.

I'd like to see where this goes.

Vote: Fredo

Snaps, this is what I thought of as well. It's pretty obvious that even if the scum team has a finder, that night action would have been discovered during the day. You wouldn't submit an investigation and have it returned the same night. Not sure if this is a slip-up or just a sheer brain fart.

Honestly? You guys talk enough for 50 of us. I've never seen more words used and less said. When I have an opinion, I give it. Period. And I only check in a couple of times a day, because I have other stuff, including a game of my own to deal with. When I do, I slog through 6 pages of nonsense, and then generally post. I have no theories on why Marcellus was killed. If I were mafia, I would have just randomly picked someone. That's probably what they did, although here, maybe not. *shrug*

Sorry Tony, Virgil is already playing and NOBODY gives a **** that you have another game to play and that you have zero theories on this one. Solid job complaing about useless posts with a few of your own. So you think you're gonn skate through with you're own occasional post about nothing complaining about other posts that mean nothing, because you're so busy? At least Virgil is claiming work. You're claiming ah...other stuff and another game? So you're claiming useless the rest of this game? Great, than who needs you?

VOTE: Tony Soprano

This is like asking if I've stopped beating my wife.

The only post where I've been remotely defensive, to my knowledge, is the one where I responded to Vito mentioning my vote on Marcellus. If you have any other examples, I'm open to being defensive about those as well.

Ace you have been extremly active so that might have given me the impression along with the post you quoted as being defensive. But after reading through you seem a bit passive agressive which always looks scummy to me. You voted for Al (as most of us did and rightfully so) but you also voted for Marcellus claiming he was inactive. Now you have FOS on Tony, Tommy, and Fredo Im going to read some more to make sure Im on the right path but your pointing way to many fingers at this point IMHO.

Sorry Tony, Virgil is already playing and NOBODY gives a **** that you have another game to play and that you have zero theories on this one. Solid job complaing about useless posts with a few of your own. So you think you're gonn skate through with you're own occasional post about nothing complaining about other posts that mean nothing, because you're so busy? At least Virgil is claiming work. You're claiming ah...other stuff and another game? So you're claiming useless the rest of this game? Great, than who needs you?

VOTE: Tony Soprano

Tommy I tend to agree with him do you think he looks scummy ? Seriously we dont need to be jumping to conclusions with 2 important roles already dead. Right now the inactive player could very well be town who may become more active as the game goes on. I say we concentrate on whats going on with the active players.

You say "who needs you" and I say we do if we dont want to kill off more townies with no real in game reasons why.

Tommy I tend to agree with him do you think he looks scummy ? Seriously we dont need to be jumping to conclusions with 2 important roles already dead. Right now the inactive player could very well be town who may become more active as the game goes on. I say we concentrate on whats going on with the active players.

You say "who needs you" and I say we do if we dont want to kill off more townies with no real in game reasons why.

I can underatnd that but Tony is saying there are too many people posting about nothing...we have nothing and will have nothing if there are a bunch of people not posting. The problem is that this method works for scum as much it does for town.

I got a little annoyed with his King Tut attitude towards useless posting with a few of his own and then having other stuff to do including another game. I'm fine if you don't post a lot but if you do make it count don't just complain about other posters posting habits.

Ace you have been extremly active so that might have given me the impression along with the post you quoted as being defensive. But after reading through you seem a bit passive agressive which always looks scummy to me. You voted for Al (as most of us did and rightfully so) but you also voted for Marcellus claiming he was inactive. Now you have FOS on Tony, Tommy, and Fredo Im going to read some more to make sure Im on the right path but your pointing way to many fingers at this point IMHO.

I didn't vote for Al. You want to make up a case for me, at least get your facts straight.

I "claimed" Marcellus was inactive? The guy had two posts when I voted for him. Would you "claim" that he was active?

And yeah, I decided to FOS the guys who were trying to make more of the scum choosing Wallace for the NK than I believe is there. IMO, that could be scum trying to confuse.

As for the passive-aggressive thing, I don't come out guns blazing like I know everything early on, but I do like to prod people. So I guess my aggression is a little passive.

So you'd like to give the inactive guys a pass? Maybe have them lie low for another day phase so they can get picked off at night before we ever here from them?

I'm going to vote: Nicky Santoro for now.

It's not just that the guy only has 6 posts, but that they're six completely empty posts. A couple jokes, a couple agreeing with someone else, one friendly post where he copies Doggin's final vote count on Al like that's some great benefit to the town. Looks to me like he could be trying to stay hidden by just barely staying active.

I can underatnd that but Tony is saying there are too many people posting about nothing...we have nothing and will have nothing if there are a bunch of people not posting. The problem is that this method works for scum as much it does for town.

I got a little annoyed with his King Tut attitude towards useless posting with a few of his own and then having other stuff to do including another game. I'm fine if you don't post a lot but if you do make it count don't just complain about other posters posting habits.

Well him and Virgil are obvious seasoned pros at this game. We should be graced with their presence and honored at the mere fact that they'd even sign up to play with us lowly idiots.

For now though I happen to agree with Carlito. Sonny seems like an easy target but he's largely disappeared from the game since his random outburst of insanity.

I didn't vote for Al. You want to make up a case for me, at least get your facts straight.

I "claimed" Marcellus was inactive? The guy had two posts when I voted for him. Would you "claim" that he was active?

And yeah, I decided to FOS the guys who were trying to make more of the scum choosing Wallace for the NK than I believe is there. IMO, that could be scum trying to confuse.

As for the passive-aggressive thing, I don't come out guns blazing like I know everything early on, but I do like to prod people. So I guess my aggression is a little passive.

So you'd like to give the inactive guys a pass? Maybe have them lie low for another day phase so they can get picked off at night before we ever here from them?

It's not just that the guy only has 6 posts, but that they're six completely empty posts. A couple jokes, a couple agreeing with someone else, one friendly post where he copies Doggin's final vote count on Al like that's some great benefit to the town. Looks to me like he could be trying to stay hidden by just barely staying active.

I agree with Ace, here. We shouldn't just give the inactives a pass. Yes, I'm one of the inactives. No, I'm not going to bother concocting a lame reason why I'm not posting a lot. I'm reading and several people are asking good questions - me posting with an "Oh! I agree!" and that's it, is worthless.

And yes, I know that's exactly how my post here started, lol. But I have more.

My opinion is that Marcellus was a lucky shot. After doing a re-read (which was painful), I don't see anything that jumped out at me regarding him. This is why I agree with what Ace is saying. I'm not usually crazy active at the beginning, but I'm going to try and contribute a bit more - for the simple reason that if I get whacked I'd like to provide some info for the town to work with. We besically have nothing with Marcellus' death.

Although Lefty (I think it was you), speculating on whether we have backups for roles isn't a good idea, as it can paint targets on people if somebody mispeaks. Considering we are in the hole big time right now, my opinion is to leave that kind of speculation aside and not provide the mafia with any ideas.

That's all I've got for now.

TL;DR: too much talk about Marcellus, and unfortunately that is mostly due to there not being solid information for us to go on

Ace your right you did not vote for AL but you did hammer him pretty hard which is where my passive agressive accusation comes to life. My mistake on the vote I was so sure you voted for him but you still seem to be pointing alot of fingers. Maybe your looking for response but your tally is now up to 5 with Nicky Santoro added to the mix

Well we have to keep in mind people do get busy . I have been in games where people were inactive in the beginning then would not shut up towards the end. Im just being a little cautious due to the first day disaster the town has to now deal with.

We have to ask ourseleves do we want to be agressive now ?

This early in the game is it really a free pass ? If they continue over a few phases I would agree with you but you were calling for people to get active pretty quick If your just poking a bit I can deal with that. I just feel like multiple accusations is scummy and shows you really have nothing to sink your teeth into. Due to the fact we already took a huge hit with finder and healer dead I think we should really be careful.

Let's see if we can agree on one thing: If everybody keeps throwing votes out, we risk outing the Avatar. All the mafia needs to do is wait and see who we never let get above six votes (just in case there are 5 mafia).

This is why I speculated that the first voters on Al's lynch were town.

Does anyone see it differently?

Second, Sonny is the only one so far who has given us an actual clue, which is whi I said I am most interested in hearing from him first - but I'm not voting yet.

Is everyone down with that?

Ace your right you did not vote for AL but you did hammer him pretty hard which is where my passive agressive accusation comes to life. My mistake on the vote I was so sure you voted for him but you still seem to be pointing alot of fingers. Maybe your looking for response but your tally is now up to 5 with Nicky Santoro added to the mix

Six, if you count the OMGUS I'm having a hard time suppressing on you.

The scum chose to NK the least active player in the game last night. Not sure why anyone would think that it would benefit the town to remain quiet if you're a townie. There's scum hiding out amongst the bottom of the post count, guaranteed. If someone else voted Wallace yesterday, maybe we could've gotten him to speak up a little bit, and maybe he'd still be around today.

Let's see if we can agree on one thing: If everybody keeps throwing votes out, we risk outing the Avatar. All the mafia needs to do is wait and see who we never let get above six votes (just in case there are 5 mafia).

So you feel that as the town we should refrain from getting the Avatar above six votes just in case the mafia guesses that we're toying with them, and they decide to coordinate a simultaneous four vote hammer?

I'm thinking that's pretty remote, Fredo.

Does anyone see it differently?

Second, Sonny is the only one so far who has given us an actual clue, which is whi I said I am most interested in hearing from him first - but I'm not voting yet.

Is everyone down with that?

Hardly. First off, mafia love to jump on in that 4-6 range, so assuming nothing but town would be on a train 6 deep is quite assumptive. Secondly, I can't imagine all 5 mafia jumping on at the same time in HOPES that they've found the Avatar. If they're wrong, and all just mass voted, they reveal themselves and we can pick them off one by one.

Whole thing is weird to me. Usually if we get a reveal like this, we get a mass unvote. This time, not one person stepped away. Why would that be?

First off, right or wrong, townies are voting the way they feel is best for the town. Al's reveal feels scummy, so they're not moving. If there's a serial killer (or the like), he just wants anyone lynched so we can get to night.

But what about the scum?

If Al's town, I'd think scum would take the opportunity to jump off the train with the reveal. It would make them look like they made the right move when Al flipped.

But if Al's scum, then I think the scum would be afraid to get off, not looking to align themselves with him when he flips scum.

Make sense?

Yes. I have to catch up, but I think voting for someone who wasn't on this train or a voter who wasn't around between reveal and hammer would be a good step. Scum very likely would've unvoted to appear innocent.

Huh? If the mafia wanted to sit around and wait and see who we wouldn't allow to get above 7 they would very likely be early voters on a forming train.

Archived