Break up the Nats

LionelRichie

4 games over .500, 1.5 GB.

The team is playing well right now, solid D, winning close games, and Strasburg about 6 weeks away.

Riggleman has made a huge difference for this team while Acta is killing the Indians. The Nats won't win the NL East but they have a chance to stay competitive, especially once Stras gets the call.

If the Nats are able to hang around 'til the ASB they'll be under a lot of pressure to call up Strausberg. Could be interesting.

I think they already made the decision that he's getting called up. Strasburg is dominating the minor leagues right now. Hell, he was probably the best Nats pitcher during spring training.

The only reason he isn't in the majors right now has to do with something called the "super two" rule. It has to do with when players become eligible for arbitration and major league service. I don't understand the rule but as soon as Stras passes the Super 2 cutoff I expect to see him in DC - I think it's sometime around mid-June.

Good drafting, plus Nyjer Morgan has been great in CF. By the way, how are Milledge and Hanrahan doing?

I don't think it's the draft, most of their players came from somewhere else. Zimmerman + desmond were drafted but pretty much the rest of the team was brought in from somewhere else.

Bowden was a disaster as GM. Once they brought in Rizzo they started making great FO moves.

I don't think it's the draft, most of their players came from somewhere else. Zimmerman + desmond were drafted but pretty much the rest of the team was brought in from somewhere else.

Bowden was a disaster as GM. Once they brought in Rizzo they started making great FO moves.

Bowden was an embarrassment. But they did draft some other good players like Lannan Stammen and Jordon Zimmerman, if he comes back from the Tommy John Ok. Plus Strasburg and Storen are looking good in AAA, they should both be up soon. But they have made trades and free agent moves though that turned out better than expected, like the trade for Josh Willingham and signing Pudge.

Bowden was an embarrassment. But they did draft some other good players like Lannan Stammen and Jordon Zimmerman, if he comes back from the Tommy John Ok. Plus Strasburg and Storen are looking good in AAA, they should both be up soon. But they have made trades and free agent moves though that turned out better than expected, like the trade for Josh Willingham and signing Pudge.

I really liked J Zimmerman, little dude who threw gas. The big pickup would be Chien Min Wang. He is supposed to be rehabbing and hopefully available sometime this summer.

I usually watch the games in the background at night. The best part of watching the Nats is listening to Dibble. He is kind of like a very angry Phil Rizzutto.

I really liked J Zimmerman, little dude who threw gas. The big pickup would be Chien Min Wang. He is supposed to be rehabbing and hopefully available sometime this summer.

I usually watch the games in the background at night. The best part of watching the Nats is listening to Dibble. He is kind of like a very angry Phil Rizzutto.

Hopefully Wong will return to his old form, he could make this rotation great with the top 3 potentially being Wong, Strasburg, and Lannan. And I don't get masn, so I can only hear Dibble when they do the free extra innings on direct tv, but he was good when I heard him.

Archived