Giaints, Jets brace for Super Bowl vote

Kentucky Jet

Giants, Jets brace for Super Bowl vote

Posted by Mike Florio on May 22, 2010 10:12 AM ET

On Tuesday, owners will choose the location of Super Bowl XLVIII. The finalists are Tampa Bay, South Florida, and New York/New Jersey.

Conventional wisdom is that the NFL will embrace the incredibly unconventional, picking the new Meadowlands Stadium. Which doesn't have a roof.

Still, as Bob Glauber of Newsday explains it in a mobile article that can be read without a susbscription to the website, one of the concerned parties is taking nothing for granted.

"I've counted these votes before, and believe me, it doesn't always come out the way you expect, or the way owners will tell you they're voting,'' Giants co-owner John Mara said. "My father used to count the votes, too, and it was the same thing. Trust me, I'm not taking anything for granted.''

But things are looking good. Influential Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who could be angling for a future open-air Super Bowl of his own, is on the bandwagon. "I'm a big supporter of having the Super Bowl in New York,'' Kraft said. "It doesn't matter what the weather is. It's a great place. It's a great boost for the city. It's a reward to the people and fans in New York.''

As a result, Jets owner Woody Johnson, who has caught a raging case of bravado from coach Rex Ryan, was less cautious than his Giants counterpart.

"We think we've got a good shot,'' Johnson said. "We've got a great stadium, we've got the greatest city in the world, and we've got a great plan. We think we can get this thing done.''

On Thursday, we'll find out whether the Giants and the Jets will be able to mimic Ryan in a different way -- by giving the finger both to Miami and to Tampa.

Super Bowl is already a lock for the New Meadowlands. http://wwjnd.com/2010/05/08/wwjnd-exclusive-and-the-host-of-the-2014-superbowl-is/

They already know it.

Have you ever heard : Dewey beats Truman? The nation went to bed thinking the headlines were correct. When they woke up Truman was the winner of the presidential race. lol I will wait until its official. I happen to think that you are right though JB.

Have you ever heard : Dewey beats Truman? The nation went to bed thinking the headlines were correct. When they woke up Truman was the winner of the presidential race. lol I will wait until its official. I happen to think that you are right though JB.

Well that was because of poor research methods. The newspaper that ran the story had called up voters across America to ask who they were planning to vote for. Most said Dewey. Problem was, the people who had phones at that time were primarily rich people, and while the rich were voting for Dewey, the common man was voting for Truman.

In this case, its insider information that's telling us its a done deal, and the media is far more advanced than it was during the Truman-Dewey election.

Well that was because of poor research methods. The newspaper that ran the story had called up voters across America to ask who they were planning to vote for. Most said Dewey. Problem was, the people who had phones at that time were primarily rich people, and while the rich were voting for Dewey, the common man was voting for Truman.

In this case, its insider information that's telling us its a done deal, and the media is far more advanced than it was during the Truman-Dewey election.

Yeah, what he said. ;)

Archived