New York Jets News and Notes

JetNation

helmet.gif

1) 2011 Opponents determined- The New York Jets opponents for the 2011 season have been determined and they are as follows:

Home- Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Chiefs, Chargers, Jaguars, Cowboys, Giants

Away- Dolphins, Bills, Patriots, Broncos, Raiders, Ravens, Redskins, Eagles

2) McKnight nominated for Rookie of the Week award- On Monday the NFL announced that New York Jets running back Joe McKnight has been nominated for the Pepsi Rookie of the Week award.  McKnight earned the nomination by tallying up 158 rushing yards in Sunday’s victory over the Bills.  To vote for Joe click here.

3) Woody, Smith to play on Saturday? It appears that both Damien Woody and Eric Smith could return from injury on Saturday.  This is good news for the Jets as both of these players could play vital roles against the Colts.

4) Favre, Jets sued- Several media outlets are reporting that two massage therapists are suing Brett Favre and the New York Jets for sexual harassment and job discrimination.  The lawsuit claims that the therapists lost their part-time jobs with the Jets after complaining about inappropriate text messages received from Favre.

Two thoughts on this:  1) Why do I have this funny feeling that incidents like this happened with Favre in Green Bay but were swept under the rug?  2) Can there be any more off the field distractions for the Jets?  This team is starting to remind me of the Miami Hurricanes days under Jimmy Johnson.

5) Rex bringing the noise once again- New York Jets head coach Rex Ryan was back at it again on Monday providing tons of bulletin board material for the Indianapolis Colts.  An example of one of his quotes:

“(I’m motivated more against) Pittsburgh. In my career, Pittsburgh (has beaten me more). That’s the way everybody is. It’s not just me taking it personally, it’s every time you lose. Not me as a head coach or an assistant coach, all players and everyone in the organization, you take it personal. As a fan, you take it personally. Pittsburgh beat me. That’s how it is. With Peyton Manning, I’m going to beat him. I don’t know when, but I want it to be Saturday. Is it personal? Yes. Is it personal against (Manning), Reggie Wayne, (Dwight) Freeney, (Robert) Mathis and (the rest of the team)? Absolutely. I want to win. That’s why I’m here. They’re going to (get) my best shot and our team’s best shot. We know they are a good football team and we’ll see if they are good enough to handle us.”

Nothing like putting the big bullseye right back on your head Rex.  It is comments like these that will always keep the Jets in the media spotlight.

g6S5oNFEvM4

View the full article

“(I’m motivated more against) Pittsburgh. In my career, Pittsburgh (has beaten me more). That’s the way everybody is. It’s not just me taking it personally, it’s every time you lose. Not me as a head coach or an assistant coach, all players and everyone in the organization, you take it personal. As a fan, you take it personally. Pittsburgh beat me. That’s how it is. With Peyton Manning, I’m going to beat him. I don’t know when, but I want it to be Saturday. Is it personal? Yes. Is it personal against (Manning), Reggie Wayne, (Dwight) Freeney, (Robert) Mathis and (the rest of the team)? Absolutely. I want to win. That’s why I’m here. They’re going to (get) my best shot and our team’s best shot. We know they are a good football team and we’ll see if they are good enough to handle us.”

Does someone want to explain to me what the hell is wrong with this statement? It's not like he is saying he thinks the Colts suck or that the Jets are far superior. The man is simply and honestly stating his desire to win a football game.

How is this worse than Bill Belichick already anointing his team as AFC Champions?

Does someone want to explain to me what the hell is wrong with this statement? It's not like he is saying he thinks the Colts suck or that the Jets are far superior. The man is simply and honestly stating his desire to win a football game.

How is this worse than Bill Belichick already anointing his team as AFC Champions?

Klecko, you have to realize that at this point, anything Rex says is going to be viewed as smack talk. I don't think the media even re-reads his quotes anymore before painting it in that light. That's what happens when you earn a reputation and a reporter needs to sell his print.

Klecko, you have to realize that at this point, anything Rex says is going to be viewed as smack talk. I don't think the media even re-reads his quotes anymore before painting it in that light. That's what happens when you earn a reputation and a reporter needs to sell his print.

I understand that but it doesn't mean its not ridiculous.

The fact is the "not here to kiss Belichick's rings" comment would have died a quick death if not for that moron Channing Crowder chirping up as there was really nothing wrong with that statement either. Rex is the head coach of the New York Jets. Its his ******* job to beat Belichick.

I understand that but it doesn't mean its not ridiculous.

The fact is the "not here to kiss Belichick's rings" comment would have died a quick death if not for that moron Channing Crowder chirping up as there was really nothing wrong with that statement either. Rex is the head coach of the New York Jets. Its his ******* job to beat Belichick.

The whole Rex-Crowder thing was totally tongue in cheek. I actually think Rex and Crowder were being playful, not malicious. The fact that the media takes everything uber-seriously should be no concern to anyone.

The whole Rex-Crowder thing was totally tongue in cheek. I actually think Rex and Crowder were being playful, not malicious. The fact that the media takes everything uber-seriously should be no concern to anyone.

I agree about the Crowder thing...I think most of the players would love playing for Rex. As for the media a lot of this has been brought on by the Jets..they were starving to get the spotlight and they got just that. Now it is all about what they do with it.

Not for nothing but I was pretty excited to see the Jets road games next year.. Eagles, Ravens and Redskins are all easy games to hit

Archived