METLIFE CENTRAL

BaumerJet

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sad.gif I have never been more proud and more respectful of a group of individuals as I am for all of you... sad.gif

cheers.gifYou will always be this "Baumer's" JETS! cheers.gif

Okay this is weird, bordering on wtf...

http://www.facebook.com/metlifecentral/posts/190307247660273

Note the name of the team...this is for the Giants' version of what we just did.

MetLife Central

Did you win the Jets or Giants "Ultimate Flag Football Experience" or the "Fantasy Camp Experience"? Are you excited? We have some amazing events coming up this month so stay tuned for photos and videos.

February 3 at 2:25pm ·

Kimberlee Horn likes this..

Kimberlee Horn I won the Giant's Ultimate Flag Football Experience... We can't wait :)

February 3 at 9:41pm.MetLife Central Hey Kimberlee! We're glad you're looking forward to it! What is your team name? Are you ready to win it all?

February 3 at 10:16pm.Kimberlee Horn We're going to try! We're going to be wearing Kevin Boss' jersey and our team name is the Baumer Bulldogs.. Is there going to be a schedule of events sent out or posted anywhere?

February 3 at 11:37pm.MetLife Central We will be communicating that to you soon and we will also be posting here. Stay tuned.

Dave, are you playing both sides of the fence? :)

Okay this is weird, bordering on wtf...

http://www.facebook....190307247660273

Note the name of the team...this is for the Giants' version of what we just did.

Dave, are you playing both sides of the fence? :)

WTF?!!!

No Dan, unless my younger brother Ted (He's the Giants fan) won something he never told me about - I am not related to the "Baumer" Bulldogs...

blink.gif Very Strange indeed...blink.gif

if we were playing tackle theres no way we would have lost. i really like how we handled the smashmouth team, and we beat the pants off those young kids. the team that beat us was a nickel and dime team.

I still contend that the rule change in the final game screwed us pretty good..seems like they had different rules on Field 2

they did have different rules and they reaped the benefits

We were definitely set to win the physical games, no doubt. We were huge underdogs in game #2. They were screaming at us pretty good.

We were not dirty though...nobody knew the White Michael Vick was gonna be there. I think that's where all the hostility started, lol.

We were definitely set to win the physical games, no doubt. We were huge underdogs in game #2. They were screaming at us pretty good.

We were not dirty though...nobody knew the White Michael Vick was gonna be there. I think that's where all the hostility started, lol.

I think the combination of no break between games 3 and 4 plus the no-subs rule was the death blow. Can't complain since it applied to both teams but I was a different player in game 4 because of it. But yeah, game 2 was a hell of a good win against the 'kids'.

I think the combination of no break between games 3 and 4 plus the no-subs rule was the death blow. Can't complain since it applied to both teams but I was a different player in game 4 because of it. But yeah, game 2 was a hell of a good win against the 'kids'.

Good point. One team shows up a few hours late and they still let them in? Doesn't seem right.

The break between the early games was too large. A 2 minute break before the last game was too little.

they did have different rules and they reaped the benefits

Only because the team we beat in the semi-finals (4-16 year olds) and their 40 year old father complained because we were able to use substitutions.

Hey, it was not our fault that they couldn't get one of their other friends to play - they had 2 of them who did nothing but stand on the side line & complain.

Matter of fact, both of them were in uniform and still did nothing but complain from the sidelines.

I do not want to reflect on the possibility of winning a lead glass trophy that would have just collected dust on top of my "JETS" shrine.

I'm happier we all had fun and came out of it with some cool collectibles and $100.00 in NY Jets Shop bucks!

MetLife Central got what they wanted as well - great advertising by the winners of the 1st annual tourney being exactly what they wanted - a family.

I know that I got what I originally wanted - the experience of the day that for any other reason would have never happened if I had not won this gift.

For that I am thankful to all of my "NATION" and I never will forget such a great day...

D.A. Baum - Publisher

Baumerjet's Unofficial NYJ Fan Forum

Yeah. We came close and it fricken sucks.

Now eCurb and his pond or whatever it is called are going to hold out AGAIN next year. No way we can keep Jetfire and stay remotely under the cap, especially since the Jetsinsider.com team is way under the cap and Max left us in cap hell. Way to build up Jetfire as the next Mike Vick minus the dog murdering. Good job again Max... Baumer is another year older. The window is closing fast. It was fun while it lasted...

And on that note, I am officially retiring - Next year with this limp I'd be playing with a walker....

ohmy.gif

Hey, that might not be such a bad idea, we could use it on defense!

That team that we played -- the 16 year olds and the Dad were all very nice. I was talking to them a lot during the day. Ironically the Dad and one of the kids happen to sit right in back of Shane and I at the new stadium. I gave them a JN card the last game of the year. :D

It was very cool seeing them there.

And I agree that substitutions could be unfair. They should standardize the rules a bit. Honestly they should let you bring a bigger team and sub people in, it would make for a better game that was enjoyed by more people.

In the finals the rule change that hurt us the most was the center being an eligibile receiver. I have no problem with that but don't like that they only did it for the last game. But I gave that family a JN card so speak easy here as well, haha. Very nice family though, even though they cleaned our clocks they were nice.

That team that we played -- the 16 year olds and the Dad were all very nice. I was talking to them a lot during the day. Ironically the Dad and one of the kids happen to sit right in back of Shane and I at the new stadium. I gave them a JN card the last game of the year. :D

It was very cool seeing them there.

And I agree that substitutions could be unfair. They should standardize the rules a bit. Honestly they should let you bring a bigger team and sub people in, it would make for a better game that was enjoyed by more people.

In the finals the rule change that hurt us the most was the center being an eligibile receiver. I have no problem with that but don't like that they only did it for the last game. But I gave that family a JN card so speak easy here as well, haha. Very nice family though, even though they cleaned our clocks they were nice.

I agree Max the center eligible rule killed us and it was pretty obvious that rule was being applied on field 2. I think MetLife learned some lessons from this event and will have an even better one next year.

I agree Max the center eligible rule killed us and it was pretty obvious that rule was being applied on field 2. I think MetLife learned some lessons from this event and will have an even better one next year.

I hope one of us wins it and the dream team can return... lol

Archived