We can score on these guys

BigOrangeJetFan

The reason for the Pats success over the Steelers through the years is that they spread them out, throw the football and make them chase.

The Steelers are not an incredibly fast defense if you get them out in space.

The Pats also had a great night that night picking up just about every Steelers blitz.

So would you go 4 wide at times and try to spread them out ? Or would you stay true to what you are and run the football and turn this game into a street fight ?

The reason for the Pats success over the Steelers through the years is that they spread them out, throw the football and make them chase.

The Steelers are not an incredibly fast defense if you get them out in space.

The Pats also had a great night that night picking up just about every Steelers blitz.

So would you go 4 wide at times and try to spread them out ? Or would you stay true to what you are and run the football and turn this game into a street fight ?

I hope this doesn't come off like a cop out, but you do BOTH.

The reason the Steelers are so good on defense is their ability against the run. Because of their success against the run, they make teams one dimensional.

Since we are a run-oriented team, this seems to play into their hands, but I don't think so.

The fact that we are a run-oriented team means that we should be able to establish the ground game better than a team like the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, etc. With that in play, the pass comes back in play as well.

Now you mix things up to give them different looks, but you do that with the primary intent of getting the running game going. We need to run it with all sorts of looks, even 4 WR, 1 RB. Then use short, high percentage passes to get the ball in the hands of our playmakers and stretch the field horizontally. They cannot both flood the middle against the run and keep our receivers shut down horizontally. We simply have too many weapons for them to deal with.

But again, primary thing is, you get the ground game going by using all sorts of looks and stretching the field horizontally in the passing game.

People say we are at a disadvantage because we won last time. I don't necessarily think so. Our offense sucked against them last time, now we have some ideas about how to adjust. Meanwhile, I trust Rex to ALWAYS bring a new defensive gameplan into play to keep their offense down.

Archived