Mo Lewis Quote For The Next Year Gang

lancemehl

For those who aren't too bothered by this loss (God Bless you), and feel that it's OK because we are moving in the right direction or we are "right there," we could either look at this decade of Conference runners-up (in the salary cap era) like last years Vikings who missed the playoffs this year, the '08 Ravens who missed the playoffs the year after and Eagles who were one and done, the 07 Chargers one and done and the Packers no playoffs, the 06 Saints were out next year, 05 Broncos and Panthers no playoffs....but we could be the 04 Steelers....or the new Patriots. Maybe we are, but I would just like to quote Mo Lewis, in the locker room after the 98 loss to Denver in the title game:

he said, "I hope the young guys understand what we had today. This is an experience they'll probably never see again."

* (as a note, James Farrior was on that team, whatever that means)

Thanks Mo, the 98 reference is a good one.... NOT!

No one can predict what will happen next year. I'd like to remain optimistic.

Every Jets fan, player and coach realize what a huge opportunity they let slip through their fingers. I expect the Jets will put together another great team next season and kick major a$$. The last 2 years beat the crap out of the past 30 for me.

Go Jets!

For those who aren't too bothered by this loss (God Bless you), and feel that it's OK because we are moving in the right direction or we are "right there," we could either look at this decade of Conference runners-up (in the salary cap era) like last years Vikings who missed the playoffs this year, the '08 Ravens who missed the playoffs the year after and Eagles who were one and done, the 07 Chargers one and done and the Packers no playoffs, the 06 Saints were out next year, 05 Broncos and Panthers no playoffs....but we could be the 04 Steelers....or the new Patriots. Maybe we are, but I would just like to quote Mo Lewis, in the locker room after the 98 loss to Denver in the title game:

he said, "I hope the young guys understand what we had today. This is an experience they'll probably never see again."

* (as a note, James Farrior was on that team, whatever that means)

Similar vein of thoguht; after 1998/Denver, at the breakup press conference writers continually peppered Parcells with this idea that the Jets had a bright future. Parcells kpet coming abck to getting to that point is so hard and so many things have to go right that assuming that is not a good idea. And we know now into the very first game the Jets suffered a horrific injuty to Vinny Testaverde and were awful until they let Ray Lucas play to finish 8-8.

2010 means nothing in 2011. If there is a 2011 season at all.

I'm still optimistic, but you ahve to understand there are no gimmes.

Archived