Demaryius Thomas tears Achilles' tendon - Braylon/Santonio targets?

GreenBeans

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/41521431/ns/sports-nfl/

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - The Denver Broncos' deep wide receiving group is getting thinner by the day.Demaryius Thomas, who just completed a star-crossed rookie season, tore an Achilles' tendon during an offseason workout in Atlanta just a week after slot receiver Eddie Royal had hip surgery that could sideline him until the summer.

Thomas, the first receiver selected in last year's draft, is expected to be out six to eight months.

I doubt we could get good enough value by signing and trading Holmes or Braylon, but it is intriguing. Hate the idea of sending either of those guys to an AFC team we have to face next year in Denver, too, giving Tebow a PERFECT receiver (either one would be great for him) to develop with. Assuming there is a football season next year (hate having to say that every time I try to make a point).

with all of the potential free agents the Jets have, I cannot see them worrying about sign and trades..If they sign Braylon or Santonio it is to keep them

and besides the Jets and Broncos don't deal with each other-now I can definitely see them maybe pulling off swiping Santonio Holmes away with a big fat $$$ offer but a deal? I do not see it happening. Holmes has been particularly silent lately-not a peep since the post game thing...I don't really expect him back next season.

I doubt we could get good enough value by signing and trading Holmes or Braylon, but it is intriguing. Hate the idea of sending either of those guys to an AFC team we have to face next year in Denver, too, giving Tebow a PERFECT receiver (either one would be great for him) to develop with. Assuming there is a football season next year (hate having to say that every time I try to make a point).

Sign and trades, unless the player is tagged, do not happen in the nfl.

Archived