Jets Planning to Bring Back Jenkins

Jetfan13

I supported it based on Jenkins already being given chances here. Its time to move on. Everyone says IF hes healthy, when will that be IF ever? Bob Sanders is an exciting football player IF healthy. We never gave Bob Sanders a chance. The NYJETS have a glaring need at safety. Maybe im being critical of Jenkins or just plain tired of his injury prone career here.

Why would Bob Sanders experiences (or chances) be any different than what he had with the Colts? He was equally given chances, only to get hurt similarly to Jenkins. Different positions, I know.

Why would Bob Sanders experiences (or chances) be any different than what he had with the Colts? He was equally given chances, only to get hurt similarly to Jenkins. Different positions, I know.

Maybe a different strength and conditioning coach or different trainers would benefit him. Maybe even a change of scenery. Its history now hes already signed and we still need a Safety. I have my opinions and you yours and we may never agree.

Being a NYJETS fan for 47 years and remembering the Super Bowl when I was 5 does that to you.

Didn't do it to me. You r just rambling on, most of what u say makes no sense. You can't play both sides. Sanders at saftey was injured just as much as Jenkins was on the dl..the DL mind you. as JiF said, a healthy Jenkins>>>>then a healthy Sanders. ( and more important)

Didn't do it to me. You r just rambling on, most of what u say makes no sense. You can't play both sides. Sanders at saftey was injured just as much as Jenkins was on the dl..the DL mind you. as JiF said, a healthy Jenkins>>>>then a healthy Sanders. ( and more important)

I can do whatever I dam well please and ramble all I want. Just cause it makes no sense to you who the hell are you to judge? Im not playing both sides Jenkins has had his chances here. Bob Sanders is a different player who I dont remember reading about looking or being obese or out of shape like Jenkins.

I can do whatever I dam well please and ramble all I want. Just cause it makes no sense to you who the hell are you to judge? Im not playing both sides Jenkins has had his chances here. Bob Sanders is a different player who I dont remember reading about looking or being obese or out of shape like Jenkins.

In my best Ralph Kramden voice:

You are a mental case.

Right. But do you remember reading or hearing about him being obesely overweight and out of shape as we did Jenkins?

Guys that get hurt a lot, tend to continue to get hurt a lot, regardless age, size or fitness.

Being a "viscous hitter" in the secondary only tends to prolong that problem

Right. But do you remember reading or hearing about him being obesely overweight and out of shape as we did Jenkins?

Its a lot easier to maintain weight when you are 200lbs and your job is to be lean and quick, as opposed to being the NT of a 3-4 defense who is already twice the size.

Guys that get hurt a lot, tend to continue to get hurt a lot, regardless age, size or fitness.

Being a "viscous hitter" in the secondary only tends to prolong that problem

This the bottom line. He played an aggressive way, and he got injured doing it. IMO the guys done. I'd say the chances of Kris Jenkins playing a full season is much higher than Sanders at this point.

Its a lot easier to maintain weight when you are 200lbs and your job is to be lean and quick, as opposed to being the NT of a 3-4 defense who is already twice the size.

This the bottom line. He played an aggressive way, and he got injured doing it. IMO the guys done. I'd say the chances of Kris Jenkins playing a full season is much higher than Sanders at this point.

I disagree. Bob Sanders in the right defense surrounded by the right players has a comeback season. Jenkins on the line in the trenches is far more of a reach of having success. IF the NYJETS resign him I hope im dead wrong.

I disagree. Bob Sanders in the right defense surrounded by the right players has a comeback season. Jenkins on the line in the trenches is far more of a reach of having success. IF the NYJETS resign him I hope im dead wrong.

Well, here's the problem. Sanders has never played a full season in the NFL...ever. In fact, only twice in his short career, has he played over 6 games in a season.

And here's the part that stinks about him...he's getting injured without contact. When you start missing season from non-contact injuries...its pretty much over.

In the other thread, you mentioned you need a solid secondary without a pass rush. Relying on Sanders under that logic is very smart. Secondly, Jenkins presence alone, makes our pass rush better.

I supported it based on Jenkins already being given chances here. Its time to move on. Everyone says IF hes healthy, when will that be IF ever? Bob Sanders is an exciting football player IF healthy. We never gave Bob Sanders a chance. The NYJETS have a glaring need at safety. Maybe im being critical of Jenkins or just plain tired of his injury prone career here.

So if Ben Roethlisberger knocks on your door and asks to take your daughter out are you going to complain when she says "NO! You're a rapist!" because she never gave him a chance?

So if Ben Roethlisberger knocks on your door and asks to take your daughter out are you going to complain when she says "NO! You're a rapist!" because she never gave him a chance?

Family and football now? Is that really all you got? [-X

Well, here's the problem. Sanders has never played a full season in the NFL...ever. In fact, only twice in his short career, has he played over 6 games in a season.

And here's the part that stinks about him...he's getting injured without contact. When you start missing season from non-contact injuries...its pretty much over.

In the other thread, you mentioned you need a solid secondary without a pass rush. Relying on Sanders under that logic is very smart. Secondly, Jenkins presence alone, makes our pass rush better.

2007 15 games DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR. Just sayin..........

What has Jenkins done lately to help this team?

Nothing. My whole conversation here with you has been about how can you determine Sanders would be a great signing, but Jenkins would not be. The ideas seem counter-intuitive.

If I were to make a speculative signing, and could do it on the cheap, my preference would be on Jenkins though.

Archived