Another Jets Mock Draft because I figured why not

HessStation

I figure a lot of crowd favorites in the mid rounds to boot. My last mock is a bit ridiculous I admit so here something a little different I'd be very happy with.

1) Christian Ballard DT/DE Iowa - powerhouse DE in Rex's scheme

3) Dontay Moch OLB Nevada - speed off the edge. He's one of my favorite players in the draft

4) Ahmad Black S Florida - we've talked a lot about him. poor 40 drops him but he is a little tank who has game speed

5) Jock Sanders WR West Virginia - could be the perfect slot and scat back. a good weapon to put on the field on passing downs

6) Casey Mathews ILB Oregon - the perfect back up imo could potential make his way into the starting line up, bottom line he's a playmaker

7) Greg Smith TE Texas - awesome blocker

its a good effort. Moch and Ballard will probably both go high 2nd (could possibly swap Ballard and Moch) but that seems pretty realistic.

Thanks, doing the whole 32 teams as some of you do is the real effort but I just haven't had the time or energy these days. I think Ballard as a dark horse of this draft. Probably never going to be an All Pro but you can plug him in day 1 and he can help anchor your line for the next 10 years. But I think he fits better as a 5 in a 34. Sorta like an Adam Carriker pre injuries. I always thought Carriker was playing out of position from the start with the Rams, instead of being that monster 34DE you become that undersized (yet too tall) 3 tech 43DT. Look at the change you're seeing already with him in Washington playing, what I think of, as his natural position.

I figure a lot of crowd favorites in the mid rounds to boot. My last mock is a bit ridiculous I admit so here something a little different I'd be very happy with.

1) Christian Ballard DT/DE Iowa - powerhouse DE in Rex's scheme

3) Dontay Moch OLB Nevada - speed off the edge. He's one of my favorite players in the draft

4) Ahmad Black S Florida - we've talked a lot about him. poor 40 drops him but he is a little tank who has game speed

5) Jock Sanders WR West Virginia - could be the perfect slot and scat back. a good weapon to put on the field on passing downs

6) Casey Mathews ILB Oregon - the perfect back up imo could potential make his way into the starting line up, bottom line he's a playmaker

7) Greg Smith TE Texas - awesome blocker

Ballard: I'd prefer players with more accomplishments than potential in the first round.

Moch: Love this pick...hopefully he lasts until 94.

Some interesting choices with the remaining picks. Matthews probably goes earlier than your projecting. Like you stated he's a playmaker plus his pedigree and brother's recent accomplishments. I'd love to see him in green and white.

Archived