Former Jet Victor Green Talks Lockout, NFL Draft, Rex Ryan

Maxman

JetNation.com Editor Tyson Rauch had a chance this week to chat with former Jets great Victor Green.  The hard hitting safety addressed a variety of topics including:

• Prediction on how long the lockout will last
  • The challenges the players will be facing during the lockout
  • Antonio Cromartie’s performance in 2010
  • Can Kyle Wilson replace Cromartie?
  • More valuable to the Jets: Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards?
  • Can the Jets finally reach the Super Bowl in 2011?

In addition Green shared some of his experiences from the recent NFL scouting combine including his interview with Cam Newton.

Additional Information on Victor Green: Victor is involved with Class Act Sports, a website that is focused on providing the fans a behind the scenes look at professional sports.  You can follow Victor Green on Twitter: VictorGreen21 as well as on Facebook: Victor Green

di</img>di</img>

bnH5AghsBGU

View the full article

JetNation.com Editor Tyson Rauch had a chance this week to chat with former Jets great Victor Green. The hard hitting safety addressed a variety of topics including:

• Prediction on how long the lockout will last
  • The challenges the players will be facing during the lockout
  • Antonio Cromartie’s performance in 2010
  • Can Kyle Wilson replace Cromartie?
  • More valuable to the Jets: Santonio Holmes or Braylon Edwards?
  • Can the Jets finally reach the Super Bowl in 2011?

In addition Green shared some of his experiences from the recent NFL scouting combine including his interview with Cam Newton.

http://www.jetnation.com/podcasts/VictorGreen031611.mp3

Additional Information on Victor Green: Victor is involved with Class Act Sports, a website that is focused on providing the fans a behind the scenes look at professional sports. You can follow Victor Green on Twitter: VictorGreen21 as well as on Facebook: Victor Green

first off great job tyson with the interview questions... really kept it moving and asked good ones... just from his phone call it sounds like Kyle Wilson not ready for #2 job this year, Cro deserves to be re-signed, Braylon doesn't and the Jets can get back to CG if Mark Sanchez improves and they find a few more pieces. I also liked Victor's answer to why hold the draft now.

first off great job tyson with the interview questions... really kept it moving and asked good ones... just from his phone call it sounds like Kyle Wilson not ready for #2 job this year, Cro deserves to be re-signed, Braylon doesn't and the Jets can get back to CG if Mark Sanchez improves and they find a few more pieces. I also liked Victor's answer to why hold the draft now.

thanks for the feedback Matt... I found VG's breakdown of Wilson and Holmes interesting along with the draft stuff. The lockout point of view was interesting especially when he discussed how players hate the offseason camps.

Why would Victor Green be breaking down Jet film and even associating with the Jets?

I am trying to understand here.

Or, is he just speaking as an informed "fan". There is a huge difference there.

What exactly are you trying to understand here Scott? Victor Green's credibility as an NFL analyst? What exactly does Manish Mehta or Rich Cimini bring to the table in terms of experience and knowledge of the game?

With the New York Jets making yet another postseason run analysts from all over the country were breaking down Gang Green. Some do a better job than others, but I found VG interesting as he still has several ties within the NY Jets. As a guy that played safety in the NFL for 11 years I would think VG would be qualified to break down the play of a defensive back. That's just me, everyone has their own perspective.

What exactly are you trying to understand here Scott? Victor Green's credibility as an NFL analyst? What exactly does Manish Mehta or Rich Cimini bring to the table in terms of experience and knowledge of the game?

With the New York Jets making yet another postseason run analysts from all over the country were breaking down Gang Green. Some do a better job than others, but I found VG interesting as he still has several ties within the NY Jets. As a guy that played safety in the NFL for 11 years I would think VG would be qualified to break down the play of a defensive back. That's just me, everyone has their own perspective.

The way that you break down a players skill and ability is to look at coaches film (it can not be done on tv) or see him in practice or camp on a regular basis.

Wilson's play time was limited this year-So how much did Green get to see him?

I am not questioning his ability to evaluate, just what criteria from which he is evaluating. It would be interesting to know if he is breaking down films, or going to practice. Otherwise, I don't see how he can have a solid opinion.

I think it is a fair question.

The way that you break down a players skill and ability is to look at coaches film (it can not be done on tv) or see him in practice or camp on a regular basis.

Wilson's play time was limited this year-So how much did Green get to see him?

I am not questioning his ability to evaluate, just what criteria from which he is evaluating. It would be interesting to know if he is breaking down films, or going to practice. Otherwise, I don't see how he can have a solid opinion.

I think it is a fair question.

well Victor is active on both twitter and facebook, drop him a line and ask him.

Archived