compensatory draft picks

BurnleyJet

I was wondering with the mayhem of Free Agency, and Signing Rookies about to take place, (when all the I's are dotted and T's crossed).

It's very likely that with rumoured cap of $120 mill, we will be losing some of our more high profile playes, Holmes, Cro, Edward, Brad Smith?

Will the Jets get some bonus Draft picks back(2012) In the form of compensatory draft picks?

May be even as high as the third round - Based on the quality of the F.A we may loose, what does the board think?

I was wondering with the mayhem of Free Agency, and Signing Rookies about to take place, (when all the I's are dotted and T's crossed).

It's very likely that with rumoured cap of $120 mill, we will be losing some of our more high profile playes, Holmes, Cro, Edward, Brad Smith?

Will the Jets get some bonus Draft picks back(2012) In the form of compensatory draft picks?

May be even as high as the third round - Based on the quality of the F.A we may loose, what does the board think?

no! somehow the Patsies will get em again!

no! somehow the Patsies will get em again!

It's no mystery as to why. They get a lot because they don't re-sign their own free agents (or there is a net loss of FA's compared to the # signed). They're mostly lower-level guys that others have signed so they get a low-level draft pick (6th-7th round) instead of re-signing their known quantities who are know to either suck or be nothing special. It's been years since any have contributed to winning a single football game don't get too jealous. The last useful one was Kaczur in 2005.

There's always a choice: re-sign a veteran FA or get a compensatory pick instead. We've chosen to re-sign our desirable players. Me, I'd rather re-sign Nick Mangold than get a late 3rd round compensatory draft pick.

I think it's way too early to think about it! :lol:

But if I were to, I'd think it's pretty likely that the Jets would net a 3rd round pick (something in the low 100's?) if they lose any of their big three FA's, provided that they sign fewer FA's overall than they lose. The second part is the tricky part for Tannenbaum. If you lose Santonio Holmes in free agency and sign Chansi Stuckey to replace him, by the comp pick formula (all other things being equal) you're no longer entitled to a compensatory pick.

If the Jets replace the FA's they lose (and they'll be losing quite a few) primarily with players cut from other teams and UDFAs, they could have a Pats-like bonanza in the comp pick category next year.

I think it's way too early to think about it! :lol:

But if I were to, I'd think it's pretty likely that the Jets would net a 3rd round pick (something in the low 100's?) if they lose any of their big three FA's, provided that they sign fewer FA's overall than they lose. The second part is the tricky part for Tannenbaum. If you lose Santonio Holmes in free agency and sign Chansi Stuckey to replace him, by the comp pick formula (all other things being equal) you're no longer entitled to a compensatory pick.

If the Jets replace the FA's they lose (and they'll be losing quite a few) primarily with players cut from other teams and UDFAs, they could have a Pats-like bonanza in the comp pick category next year.

It's not a sure-thing, but I remember reading somewhere that they could still get a 7th rounder in a situation like that (for whatever that's worth).

It's not a sure-thing, but I remember reading somewhere that they could still get a 7th rounder in a situation like that (for whatever that's worth).

Thanks for your feed back guys, this link sure is a slow burner!

I did snicker a little when Boddy said "no! somehow the Patsies will get em again!" Yes We lose Holmes Pats get a 3rd :dohslap:

Archived