Updated Jets salary cap

Lupz27

http://nyjetscap.com/salary.html

The Jets have to be under 120.4 million with their highest 51 players come Aug. 4th, according to that link which has Harris and Turners tender added on, and does not have dead money because dead money will not count this year.

If you click the link you will see the Jets are at 113.4ish leaving us 7 million under the cap without doing anything. So add some crafty moves plus special 2011 cap situations IE borrowing from future cap space and veteran exceptions the Jets could have around 20-25 million to work with this offseason, is that enough for Pool, Holmes, BE, Woody, and a nickel back? Hopefully Tanny can make it work.

Jason I know it's your site correct me if I'm wrong please thanks.

http://nyjetscap.com/salary.html

The Jets have to be under 120.4 million with their highest 51 players come Aug. 4th, according to that link which has Harris and Turners tender added on, and does not have dead money because dead money will not count this year.

If you click the link you will see the Jets are at 113.4ish leaving us 7 million under the cap without doing anything. So add some crafty moves plus special 2011 cap situations IE borrowing from future cap space and veteran exceptions the Jets could have around 20-25 million to work with this offseason, is that enough for Pool, Holmes, BE, Woody, and a nickel back? Hopefully Tanny can make it work.

Jason I know it's your site correct me if I'm wrong please thanks.

Sounds better than what I've been hearing. Still... while I'm the furthest thing from a numbers guy, it seems unlikely that we'll be able to keep our guys. I would love for both Holmes and BE to stay. Not to mention Cro.

The Jets are asking Pace and Thomas to restructure their deals, could cut their cap numbers in half, which would save a little over 4 million, gotta assume if Thomas says no he is cut.

This is the last year of Thomas' deal. A restructure would have to mean an extension - unless they're offering him one of those sweet take a pay cut or be cut deals they offered Kellen last year.

If it's the latter, I'd think Thomas would explore the market.

This is the last year of Thomas' deal. A restructure would have to mean an extension - unless they're offering him one of those sweet take a pay cut or be cut deals they offered Kellen last year.

If it's the latter, I'd think Thomas would explore the market.

I would think the Jets would ask him to extend his deal 1 year at the same money meaning 2 years 1.5 per, that's asking a lot, but like you said it's gonna be a Kellen Clemens situation, we will see how much he likes playing for Rex.

Archived