How crazy will today be?

Klecko73isGod

Just read 2 tweets saying the Redskins not only have a deal on the table for Holmes but also one on the table for Edwards.

So weird how the Jets WR's get offers from the Skins when they come free, is Snyder a Jets fan or something?

I find it hard to take anything that originated by "tweet" seriously.

Was this tweeted by fans or sportswriters or Dannyboy Snyder?

I thought it would be crazy but it's been strangely quiet outside of undrafted FA's that know one really knows anyway, I really thought their would be solid info on players agreeing to terms of a deal by now.

There's a few factors involved in that right now. With rookies being the only players that can be signed yet, and with draft picks having their rights owned by their teams anyway, UDFAs are the only ones who there's any immediate competition for. Plus, they're also a hell of a lot easier to negotiate deals with, since they all pretty much get a few years within a few bucks of the minimum salaries. Other FAs still have another 3 days before they can be signed and I'm sure teams aren't exactly looking to have their intersets and offers become that public knowledge, as that's way too long of a timeline for another team to swoop in and steal them away with a better offer. There will be some up front negotiation, but given the waiting involved in the process, I don't see any team wanting to make a clear commitment on a contract any earlier than Thursday or so, just to cover their own asses.

I find it hard to take anything that originated by "tweet" seriously.

Was this tweeted by fans or sportswriters or Dannyboy Snyder?

By a Jets blog writer Green Lantern, I agree kind of skeptical, but I do take real sports writers tweets serious, like the Albert Breer tweet about the Safety agreeing with the Panthers that was then re confirmed by LaCanfora

By a Jets blog writer Green Lantern, I agree kind of skeptical, but I do take real sports writers tweets serious, like the Albert Breer tweet about the Safety agreeing with the Panthers that was then re confirmed by LaCanfora

Phew... I thought for a second I needed to worry.

I'm a Jets blog writer and I don't take my own speculation seriously, much less my contemporaries. :P

Archived