How crazy will today be?

Klecko73isGod

Anyone expecting any major splashes this morning?

I think the news will start slow, then become amazingly fast. Worried our team will be picked clean. Major news? Maybe Orton traded to the Dolphins, or the Pats stealing one of our wr's.

I think the news will start slow, then become amazingly fast. Worried our team will be picked clean. Major news? Maybe Orton traded to the Dolphins, or the Pats stealing one of our wr's.

Orton is a competent QB. I would not want to see him with the Dolphins. I did not think that they were in the market for a QB.

I'm not 100% clear on how this works. No one can sign until Friday? Can they negotiate with anyone yet? Can teams re-sign their own FAs?

I believe that the teams can negotiate but they cannot sign until Friday. I think this includes FAs on a teams roster.

So we got three days of BS here? That sucks! I want bedlam and mass confusion!

In one word yes.

More rumors and non-stories from the talking heads on NFL Network and ESPN. I wish they knew that we do not need fake news to be interested in this stuff. Hell we have been waiting for a long time for it. My one request is: no rumors or fake or non-stories please. Let the teams do what they do then just report on what happens.....

In one word yes.

More rumors and non-stories from the talking heads on NFL Network and ESPN. I wish they knew that we do not need fake news to be interested in this stuff. Hell we have been waiting for a long time for it. My one request is: no rumors or fake or non-stories please. Let the teams do what they do then just report on what happens.....

It just feels like they are screwing with us. We've been waiting four months for free agency and now they make us wait four more days? WTF! :akf:

It just feels like they are screwing with us. We've been waiting four months for free agency and now they make us wait four more days? WTF! :akf:

I would not expect deals to get done today anyway unless a player is choosing not to test the market. If so, that will take time anyway. Trades on the other hand, those could get done rather quickly. This idea of Denver trading Orton is shocking to me...

The idea of the most over-hyped player in college football history starting as a QB in the NFL with his limited ability is stunning.

I would not expect deals to get done today anyway unless a player is choosing not to test the market. If so, that will take time anyway. Trades on the other hand, those could get done rather quickly. This idea of Denver trading Orton is shocking to me...

The idea of the most over-hyped player in college football history starting as a QB in the NFL with his limited ability is stunning.

Tebow's gonna be awful as the full time starter.

You'll see guys getting cut today, and hear 5,000 rumors about how much money Tampa just offered Asomugha.

Aso to the Ravens is a popular rumor and I, for one, love it. Baltimore has two starting CB's available in FA, and either one would make a nice compliment to Revis at significantly less cost than Nnamdi.

Aso to the Ravens is a popular rumor and I, for one, love it. Baltimore has two starting CB's available in FA, and either one would make a nice compliment to Revis at significantly less cost than Nnamdi.

No no, slats. Aso is coming here for less money. Peter King said so.

+1 I would take either one of those guys. They can do exactly what we need at the right price.

i don't think cro is coming back & i don't think the jets are losing their minds over it either..

we have options..

some affordable, some (aso) epic..

Will Nnamdi be a Jet because he wants to be an actor?

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 26, 2011, 9:20 AM EDT

42nd NAACP Image Awards - Red Carpet Getty Images

Nnamdi Asomugha will be this year’s biggest free agent prize, and his interest in acting could play a part in determining where he goes.

Chris Mortensen pointed out on ESPN Radio this morning that Asomugha wants to act when he’s done playing football, and that could help the Jets attract Asomugha even though they probably won’t be the team that offers him the most money.

“Asomugha is interesting because the Houston Texans, probably, are going to make him the biggest offer,” Mortensen said. “Yet you keep hearing that Nnamdi wants to go somewhere where he can begin to focus on his post-playing career, even though he’ll give his all as he’s playing, and he has a great interest in being an actor, whether it’s in theater or whatever, and that could factor into it.”

Mortensen was quick to add that “I find it hard to believe that would be the final determining factor,” but it is worth considering: Asomugha has appeared on TV shows like Friday Night Lights and The Game, and if he wants to broaden his acting horizons, New York is the best NFL city to do that.

But I’ve got a feeling that Asomugha will go to the team that offers him the most money. He can act where ever he wants during the offseason.

janesports Jane McManus

Woody Johnson stopped by, said they got some UFAs last night, he wants to keep Holmes and Edwards. Said FA board has been up for months.

janesports Jane McManus

Mark Sanchez and Dustin Keller are here. If Nick Mangold is in, they let him in early. Mike DeVito, Mark Brunell... It's a party. #Jets

anyone want to share were they are going to check on news/rumors? for me its rotoworld.com or profootballtalk.com, if anyone has any other good ones to share I'd appreciate it

Just saw on PFT that the real reason Nnamdi wants to be a Jet is because he wants to be an actor. Kerry Rhodes II? Pass.

janesports Jane McManus

Woody Johnson stopped by, said they got some UFAs last night, he wants to keep Holmes and Edwards. Said FA board has been up for months.

janesports Jane McManus

Mark Sanchez and Dustin Keller are here. If Nick Mangold is in, they let him in early. Mike DeVito, Mark Brunell... It's a party. #Jets

If the Jets can resign them both and grab one of the Ravens CBs and/or Dawan Landry I'll be over the moon.

I've been under a rock for 6months, so I don't know any teams' specific needs.

But why wouldn't an aspiring actor rather be in San Diego or Oakland?

Theater (Broadway) requires a lifetime of training. If he wants simple cameos or b-movies, I'd think Calif. is his first choice.

Just read 2 tweets saying the Redskins not only have a deal on the table for Holmes but also one on the table for Edwards.

So weird how the Jets WR's get offers from the Skins when they come free, is Snyder a Jets fan or something?

Archived