Marcus Stroud

stoicsentry

I saw a report earlier that said he want's to go play for Dallas because NE might be playing more of a 4-3 this year.

Ty is not coming back to the Pats. I really appreciate what he did for the team, and he was a stud from 2004-2007.

However a string of injuries, as well as some clashes with management didn't help him. He has missed 1/4 of two of the last three seasons, and all of last season with various injuries, the most recent being a hip injury that he put off having surgery on until right before the season. On top of that, he failed his physical and pulled a hammy in the conditioning run this week.

I think a lack of OLB depth has people thinking BB plans to run more 4-3 this year (recall that BB ran 4-3 on the 2001 SB team). This would get Haynesworth in a more natural DT position, and allow them to play LBs of Mayo - Spikes - Guyton on first down, and switching to Mayo and Guyton/Ninkovich/Fletcher on passing downs.

This made Warren, a prototypical 3-4 DE (who doesn't have the pure athleticism that Seymour had to succeed in any front) somewhat more expendable.

Archived