Phillip Buchanon Suspended

Aparently My link hates me so heres the story anyway

Written by

DAVID DORSEY

ddorsey@news-press.com

Filed Under

Sports

Washington Redskins cornerback Phillip Buchanon, a Fort Myers native and Lehigh Senior High School graduate, has been suspended for the first four games this season for taking a banned substance, he told The News-Press in a text message.

Buchanon, 30, said he failed a test for performance-enhancing drugs last season "when I took something I truly believed was healthy."

Buchanon, entering his 11th pro season, had tried to appeal the suspension through his agent Drew Rosenhaus to no avail.

Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan announced the suspension Tuesday morning.

Buchanon, a free agent entering this season, signed a one-year deal to return to Washington.

He intercepted two passes and had 49 tackles for the Redskins last season. He has also played for the Lions, Buccaneers, Texans and Raiders, the team that drafted him out of the University of Miami.

Buchanon played all 16 games for Washington last year, starting five.

Buchanon, entering his 11th pro season.....

....He intercepted two passes and had 49 tackles for the Redskins last season. He has also played for the Lions, Buccaneers, Texans and Raiders, the team that drafted him out of the University of Miami.

Buchanon played all 16 games for Washington last year, starting five.

I must say, there's been a lot of conversation on the board lately about a guy with that resumé.

Archived