ESPN Power Rankings (Pre-Season)

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets getting a little more love from NFL.com apparently. Ranked #3 behind only the Packers and Patriots, which even included a note in the opening that he may have ranked the Pats too high. It's too freakin' long to post the whole thing, but here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82155f9e/article/still-the-one-pack-remain-nfls-best-as-freeagent-fury-calms?module=HP11_hot_topics

Heading into this season... This is how I'd rank the AFC.

1) Steelers

2) Jets

3) Ravens

As the class of the AFC. The 3 favorites.

4) Patriots

5) Colts

As the two veteran teams known to win in this league. Always capable of making a strong playoff push.

6) Chargers

7) Chiefs

As teams to watch out for. Teams trying to take it to the next level.

That's me being as fair as possible.

The Steelers are coming off a 12-4 season, eliminated the same Jets team that took out both the Colts and Patriots during the playoffs and gave the Packers all they could handle during the SB, losing by only 6 points. They deserve to rank #1.

I'm not sure how it's fair to rank the Patriots ahead of the Jets though. This is why I hate rankings. Ok, so the Patriots finished with a better regular season record, but the Jets not only beat the Patriots during the playoffs last season, going 2-1 against NE, but we've also advanced to the AFC Championship game during consecutive seasons, winning 4 road playoff games against Cincy, SD, Indy and NE... While the Patriots have sat back and lost two home playoff games (0-2) over the past two years.

The Ravens are coming off a 12-4 season as well, and in my eyes, the only team that can compete with the Steelers out of the North. The Ravens are true SB contenders.

I'll rank NE over the Colts just because I feel they're a much more complete team and I'll rank SD over KC until I see more out of the Chiefs who came out of nowhere last season after finishing 4-12 in 09. The AFC West still goes through the Chargers if you were to ask me.

The Jaguars, Texans, Raiders and Dolphins all ranking as mediocre teams at best. Really can't compete with the big dawgs of the AFC. I see the most potential in the Texans and Raiders, but you know how that goes... We've seen "potential" in these teams for years on end now.

Packers

Steelers

Jets

Eagles

Ravens

Is how I rank my overall top 5.

The Packers and Eagles aren't the only NFC threats though, the Falcons, Saints, Bears, Bucs and of course the Cowboys all deserve to be talked about coming out of the NFC as well. My NFC sleeper team has to be the Lions.

Then so is Henne. Because, statistically, they're equals. And if we factor in balls that SHOULD'VE been intercepted but were dropped, than Henne blows SAnchez out of the water.

This game is about the quarterback. That's why the Patriots went 14-2 last year. If you have a really good defense (which the Jets do) you can win games that way too. But the fastest track to the title is through the quarterback.

Look at the last X Super Bowl champions.

2010 Packers - Aaron Rodgers (Best QB (and player) in the NFL, IMO)

2009 Saints - Drew Bress (Top 5)

2008 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2007 Giants - Eli Manning (The one anamoly, but still top 15. Not a bad QB like Sanchez)

2006 Colts - Peyton Manning (Top 2 at the time)

2005 Steelers - Ben Roethlisberger (Top 7)

2004 Patrios - Tom Brady (Top 3)

2003 Patriots - Tom Brady (Top 3)

Yeah, good quarterbacking doesn't win championships. Stick with Sanchez and watch him pile up the rings. ;)

Do you know why Eli Manning won that Super Bowl? He made Asante Samuel drop an easy INT. You know who else is really good at that? Mark Sanchez. We might as well hand him the trophy now and skip the season, because we all know how it'll end.

Jets getting a little more love from NFL.com apparently. Ranked #3 behind only the Packers and Patriots, which even included a note in the opening that he may have ranked the Pats too high. It's too freakin' long to post the whole thing, but here's the link for anyone interested: http://www.nfl.com/n...HP11_hot_topics

Pats #2

Jets #3

and...

25. Miami Dolphins Before Tony Sparano goes all Tony Sparano on us, and spearheads a team that features Daniel Thomas and a 1-yard cloud of dust, let's see if Chad Henne's hurt feelings give him the eye of the tiger. Defensively, Jared Odrick and Koa Misi could make a young unit formidable. Still, throw the ball downfield occasionally, please.

:lol:

Archived