•  

Welcome to JetNation.com

Sign In  Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter

Create Account
Welcome to JetNation.com, your home for New York Jets talk. We are an independent site, which means we aren't affiliated with the NY Jets or SNY. The opinions here are never censored. We want you to join in on the conversation, but don't worry this is a simple and FREE process. Be apart of JetNation.com by signing in or creating an account. When you create an account, you can also opt to use your existing Facebook or Twitter login.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
Also be sure to check us out on Facebook and Twitter.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Jay Mohr interviewing Chad Pennington "They called you noodle arm"

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 KennyOB7

KennyOB7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Good interview.

Chad is at the 22/23 minute mark

http://www.foxsports...our-2-23633183/

#27 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,858 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:48 PM

Yeah, I was keeping it simple and going with the prime example.  I figured wait to see how committed people were to this argument before going full tilt.

Proud to see you're ready to roll though.

glad you didn't choose the Cowgirls 

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#28 Blackout

Blackout

go JETS

• Members
  • 33,858 posts
  • Locationhome

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:49 PM

Good interview.

Chad is at the 22/23 minute mark

http://www.foxsports...our-2-23633183/

JJ kicked ass

The best radio host and Jets fan of all time: http://www.registerstar.com/multimedia/bruce_jacobs/

#29 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,460 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 PM

Pennington is a disgrace. Worst Jet of all time, horrible player and even worse human being..

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#30 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 18,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:59 PM

Chad was a good Jet. He was around too long perhaps. It would be really nice to add 2002 Pennington to this team right now.

Brooks Bollinger would be a good addition to this team right now.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#31 gEYno

gEYno

2013-2014 & 2014-2015 JN Captain & VIP Member

• Members
  • 18,085 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:01 PM

Always liked Pennington.  He was a warrior and gave his all for this team.  A true class act.  And who knows what could have been if not for Doug Brien.  Never understood all the hate.

reset_buttonjpgscaled500_zps740f8923.jpg

#32 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:05 PM

Always liked Pennington.  He was a warrior and gave his all for this team.  A true class act.  And who knows what could have been if not for Doug Brien.  Never understood all the hate.

Trouble maker.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

#33 GenoandtheJets

GenoandtheJets

Practice Squad Player

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Chad Pennington is the best Jets Quarterback of recent. Even though his rotator cuff was always injured he was a good quarterback & accurate throwing those loop passes that were short dinks and dunks. Smart Individual too much smarter then Sanchez. It was disrespectful when the jets released him to bring in brett favre.

Then Pennington beat the Jets for the AFC East title. Pennington should be in the Jets ring of Honor. I will always know that Pennington is better then Sanchez at quarteback. Go Jets

#34 sirlancemehlot

sirlancemehlot

perpetual rookie

• Members
  • 4,288 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:42 PM

Yeah I never got the Pennington hate either.  It's like the Curtis Martin "he was just a compiler" detractors.  These were guys who worked hard, never slandered the team or their teammates.  Led by example, played hurt and had moments of greatness.  There are so many current and former Jets that you can pick to hate on and feel good and right doing so.  Picking on these guys just makes zero sense.  They'll always have my respect.

#35 T0mShane

T0mShane

You can smell the death upon him.

• Members
  • 29,758 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yeah I never got the Pennington hate either. It's like the Curtis Martin "he was just a compiler" detractors. These were guys who worked hard, never slandered the team or their teammates. Led by example, played hurt and had moments of greatness. There are so many current and former Jets that you can pick to hate on and feel good and right doing so. Picking on these guys just makes zero sense. They'll always have my respect.

Because Pennington and Martin were both flimsy imitations of the great players that other teams had. The neighbors owned a Ferrari, and we owned a Corolla painted the same color as a Ferrari. They were both reminders that our franchise has always been a cut-rate simulacrum of a real football team.
Well, that's the internet, man: 9 billion tough guys who secretly want to touch your pee-pee.

#36 CTM

CTM

At least I'm not a snide little prick

• Members
  • 28,460 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

Because Pennington and Martin were both flimsy imitations of the great players that other teams had. The neighbors owned a Ferrari, and we owned a Corolla painted the same color as a Ferrari. They were both reminders that our franchise has always been a cut-rate simulacrum of a real football team.

I say the following as someone who believed Martin was highly overrated by most Jets fans, but Martin was 10000x the player that Pennington was. 10000x the Warrior too, dude played how many straight games while Pussingnington never made it through  a season. Mentioning a yellow dirtbag like pennington and Martin in the same breath is an insult to our collective good sense.

All one needs to remember is how each reacted to that disgusting 2004 Pitts loss, Punkington was doing the macarena on field with his old MAC buddy Rothlisberger and Martin looked suicidal with the rest of Jets fans. 

Posted Image

Yeah, I'm totally gay

So ****ing this dude. Unreal.

#37 Integrity28

Integrity28

Told you so.

• Members
  • 36,082 posts
  • Locationwrong guy in the wrong place at the wrong time

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:45 AM

I say the following as someone who believed Martin was highly overrated by most Jets fans, but Martin was 10000x the player that Pennington was. 10000x the Warrior too, dude played how many straight games while Pussingnington never made it through  a season. Mentioning a yellow dirtbag like pennington and Martin in the same breath is an insult to our collective good sense.

All one needs to remember is how each reacted to that disgusting 2004 Pitts loss, Punkington was doing the macarena on field with his old MAC buddy Rothlisberger and Martin looked suicidal with the rest of Jets fans. 

BOOOM!!!! !

Yup.

"Idz a process."

Posted Image

#38 Bleedin Green

Bleedin Green

SuperTwat

• Members
  • 21,692 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:07 AM

Glad to see nothing has changed in Penny-boy's 5 years off of the team, as the Pro-Pennington mantra is still a bunch of vague comments, based mostly on unsupportable claims that often have little to do with his actual on-field performance.  As far as the Martin comparison goes, CTM said it better than I could ever hope to, so I'll save you a four paragraph diatribe on the matter and simply tip my hat to him.  I can accept the idea of some people thinking he was somewhat average, even if I may disagree, but the endless praise is completely unfounded.  All I ask is for anyone who feels the need to praise Pennington's leadership ability, is go back and re-watch the 2007 season.

By day he's the (not so) mild-mannered Bleedin Green, but by night...

TL;DR

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users