Jets rookie head coaches

JOJOTOWNSELL

Every Jet head coach since groh has made the playoffs in their first year on the job (parcels barely missed).

2 part question

A) has this lead us to overvalue coaches (aka mangenius after year 1 and Rex afc championship game) and possibly hold onto them too long?? When was the last time this fan base wasn't enamored with a coach after his first year??

B ) will the jets make the playoffs this year?

A) imo, jets coaches from edwards to ryan weren't bad coaches, they were just saddled with bad QB situations. (the year mangini had favre the team was like night and day until favre's arm fell off)

B ) i wouldn't be surprised if the jets make the playoffs. just limit the mistakes from the QB position, run the ball effectively, and play great defense.  :)

It's still premature to tell at this point. We still have 5 picks remaining in this draft unless we trade up or down, training camp has yet to begin, and we do not know who our starting QB is going to be at this point.

I will say our defense is definitely super bowl worthy.

A) imo, jets coaches from edwards to ryan weren't bad coaches, they were just saddled with bad QB situations. (the year mangini had favre the team was like night and day until favre's arm fell off)

B ) i wouldn't be surprised if the jets make the playoffs. just limit the mistakes from the QB position, run the ball effectively, and play great defense.  :)

believe it or not that is the one thing that worries me going into this season. We need to find a RB prospect in the draft and I think we are a playoff team. defense of course needs to live up to their expectations (honestly I think it would do us good to lose our first game due to bad play from the defense because I think they are going to be entering the season cocky and id like to see them learn their lesson early rather than wait for a game that really matters). I also think our QB play this year whoever the QB is will be a night and day difference from last year.

Archived