Pick #50; #53 & #62

Eagles- #50 & #53

Ravens- #62

Joe D. has a great relationship with both these GMs...... if one of these WR are there, here are some possible scenarios. 

Only the Ravens #62 is within reach of our resources. Eagles would requirer 2025 picks.

Ravens#62=284 pts      .......................  Jets  #72 + #111= 302 pts

• Upvote 3

Eagles maybe - but I think the Ravens are a threat to use one of their day 2 picks to get one of the 49er receivers. 

Got a brother that went to college in Maryland and stayed there afterwards - became a Ravens fan (smart), and he says they’ve been trying to get DeeBo for a while now.

I’d have to think today is as likely a day as ever for that to happen. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Eagles- #50 & #53

Ravens- #62

Joe D. has a great relationship with both these GMs...... if one of these WR are there, here are some possible scenarios. 

Only the Ravens #62 is within reach of our resources. Eagles would requirer 2025 picks.

Corley is going mid 2nd. he's the one JD wants.   At 45 thats 450 points. 

23 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

There is no more of a chance he trades with these teams than any other teams.  All these GMs know each other.

I mean - I don't think this is strictly true. Any team can and might trade with any other, but a divisional rival (like Buffalo/NE at picks 60/68) might be less inclined to give us a deal. Or at least a fair deal. Conversely, some GMs have better working relationships and might let some deals be more team friendly than others. 

There's a valid point to be made that the Eagles, for example, might give us a small discount on moving to #53 if they're determined to move back and not finding better suitors. They're more likely to call and work with us than any old random team. No team can be ruled out as trade partners, but some are more likely!

Edit: while it's a long shot, I'm keeping an eye on pick 54 as well. Cleveland has only 6 picks and may want to add some if they don't like the board at 54. Miami at 55 is the same but I don't think they hand us a discount, whereas JD has a rapport with the browns GM

26 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Eagles- #50 & #53

Ravens- #62

I'd only make this deal if there is someone there that I loved.  That being said, as long as JD can use next years capitol I wouldn't be afraid to use next years 3 (or even 2) for the right guy.  If it were me - my ass was in the fire - I needed to win this year - and the owner was ok with it, I would be using something from next year to get a play maker.

31 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

This isn't a fantasy draft .

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Corley is going mid 2nd. he's the one JD wants.   At 45 thats 450 points. 

I'm sure JD has a few WR on his mind. Chasing a player is tough. Focusing on a group of players is easier. 

In no particular order: Franklin, Polk, R.Wilson, Walker, Coleman. Jets supposedly like Gipson a lot, Corley might be redundant

52 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I'm sure JD has a few WR on his mind. Chasing a player is tough. Focusing on a group of players is easier. 

In no particular order: Franklin, Polk, R.Wilson, Walker, Coleman. Jets supposedly like Gipson a lot, Corley might be redundant

Surely you are not comparing Corley to Gipson. Are you Shirley?

• Haha 2

I'd say Detroit would be a trade target at 2-61, they have no 3rd or 4th rounders so a trade from 72 to 61 could be viable

Also the Bears if we are looking for another 3rd rounder as they have 3-75 but only have 4 picks in all so they may be willing to trade their 3rd rounder.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Eagles- #50 & #53

Ravens- #62

Don't need to move up 19 picks or 10. Keep the picks. There will be a few blue chippers when we pick at 72. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Surely you are not comapring Corley to Gipson. Are you Shirley?

No.... I'm comparing a slot receiver currently on the team who has been a pleasant surprise to a guy from Western Kentuckey (?) who plays a similar position.

Gipson ended the season with the seventh-most return yards (319) in the league and fifth-highest average yards per return (9.67) for players with at least 25 returns. In addition, he was only one of eight players with a punt return TD in the regul

Edited by 32EBoozer

17 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

No.... I'm comparing a slot receiver currently on the team who has been a pleasant surprise to a guy from Western Kentuckey (?) who plays a similar position.

Gipson ended the season with the seventh-most return yards (319) in the league and fifth-highest average yards per return (9.67) for players with at least 25 returns. In addition, he was only one of eight players with a punt return TD in the regul

Punt returner versus a starting slot WR.  Apples to oranges. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Punt returner versus a starting slot WR.  Apples to oranges. 

You predicted Corley going in the #45 range... why are we even having this discussion? Gipson is not the Jets starting slot and neither will Corley.

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

You predicted Corley going in the #45 range... why are we even having this discussion? Gipson is not the Jets starting slot and neither will Corley.

Because he will be if traded up for.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:
Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality
Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see
I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy
Because I'm easy come, easy go, little high, little low
Any way the wind blows doesn't really matter to me, to me

Posting cringe song lyrics should be a bannable offense

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

I'd say Detroit would be a trade target at 2-61, they have no 3rd or 4th rounders so a trade from 72 to 61 could be viable

Also the Bears if we are looking for another 3rd rounder as they have 3-75 but only have 4 picks in all so they may be willing to trade their 3rd rounder.

Much better

3 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Eagles- #50 & #53

Ravens- #62

I don't care about the JJ Chart value.  I hope JD does NOT give away pick 111 in order to move up 10 spots in in rd 3 to the bottom of 2.

• More Ugh 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I don't care about the JJ Chart value.  I hope JD does NOT give away pick 111 in order to move up 10 spots in in rd 3 to the bottom of 2.

So quantity over quality? Instead of 7 picks you want 8 picks.

Got it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Surely you are not comparing Corley to Gipson. Are you Shirley?

"Listen Maynard13... don't start up with your red zone sh*t again!"

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

So quantity over quality? Instead of 7 picks you want 8 picks.

Got it.

quality difference between the 10 picks you want to move up is not worth that 4th rd pick.  Move up 10 notches for a lower pick? maybe.  Not for 111.  I guess we will see who is there today and then tomorrow at 111.  I'm almost positive I'd rather 2 players at these two picks instead of 1 that is only 10 picks higher in rd 3.

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

That would be great!

I would say there will be a run on wideouts. And I think when the Jets pick they would have a choice of Tez Walker out of North Carolina, Brenden Rice out of USC and Jerry's son, and the WR of Alabama Jermaine Burton. If they go slot WR then there are 2. Malik Washington who had an incredible year out of Virginia. And Jacob Cowing who is quick as you can come from Arizona. Or there is a really good wideout who runs fantastic routes and has great hands and that is  Javon Baker out of UCF.  

2 minutes ago, Tony The Wiz said:

I would say there will be a run on wideouts. And I think when the Jets pick they would have a choice of Tez Walker out of North Carolina, Brenden Rice out of USC and Jerry's son, and the WR of Alabama Jermaine Burton. If they go slot WR then there are 2. Malik Washington who had an incredible year out of Virginia. And Jacob Cowing who is quick as you can come from Arizona. Or there is a really good wideout who runs fantastic routes and has great hands and that is  Javon Baker out of UCF.  

I took Walker for the Bengals at pick 80. Rice is a solid if not unremarkable pick that is a hard worker & high football IQ. A bit of a reach at #72 though.

Burton a possibility at 72 but has off-field issues according to  some.

I’d take Cowing at #111

16 hours ago, Dcat said:

wasted trade.  It is very likely that none of the teams above us were going to select Corley there. And I guess Douglas loves the kid, b/c I thought there were better choices at both 65, and more importantly, the same exact options at 72.  Bad trade.