Olu overwhelmed by getting picked by Jets

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Seems like a great kid and genuinely happy family be a Jet.   

I've gotta give some credit to Joe D too here.  GW, Breece, Ruckert, and Olu all seem top-notch!  IIRC from Hard Knocks this past year, IV seemed like a real chill dude too. 

If this team can finally start winning, we'll have the added benefit of the players being really easy to root for!

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

poor kid, he has no idea for the hell he is in for
I heard he needs a good QB to play well ... Let's hope Aaron stays well. (Yes Olu this is sarcasm ... Beast as you will)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Jdeet said:

I love how the whole group in that room were all cheering so loudly for him.  I know it was probably kind of scripted ("everyone keep quiet until he says the team name then let out a big cheer!") but the joyous reaction seemed pretty genuine.  

• Upvote 2

He stated last night that Tyron Smith was his idol & the player he liked most when he was younger & has tried to emulate his game, now he gets to play with him & he's just like  ... WoW!!! ... in addition, he was a Team Captain @ Penn State ... Another trait JD admires.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Jdeet said:

Only 21, the interviews and his overwhelming happiness to be a part of this team, after watching Denzel Mims and others, just be blah regarding playing here, you have to be excited to have a kid like this. Just his joy is infectious. 

Now trade up for McConkey or Roman Wilson, and JD has done his job this offseason  

Brought tears to my eyes.  

This is good.

Not sure if you guys caught it, but on Flight24 Tyron kept referencing the Jets as “you guys” like he hasn’t bought into the idea that he’s a Jet now.

There might be more than injury hiccups with this guy. Glad to have his understudy in tow!

Love this kid. Everything about him is positive.

Great performer from a big college team, smart, athletic, seems genuinely delighted to be a Jet.

Big guy who is so athletic that he doesn't actually look big.

Just 21 years old with a long and bright future ahead of him.

Delighted that he was our pick.

• Upvote 2

Olu has legit size and anchor. I expect him to have a better early career than Brick did. Brick was 285lbs soaking wet his first year or 2 and was getting rag dolled all too often. He was not very good. I don’t see that happening to Olu. Hopefully his prime years are as good as Bricks were.