Keeping our D-Line together...

k-met57

as i am sure many of us have, i have been giving some thought on how we go about keeping our D-Line together beyond the next couple of years. Let me start by saying that currently my rankings would go Mo, Richardson, Harrison, Coples (and Williams fits in there somewhere maybe at the 2 or 3 spot in 2 years). I know that contracts rotate and due to the varied duration and guys like Revis might be off the books by the time Williams is up, or Cro and Harris may be gone before Richardson is up, but the basic premise is simple...at some point we will have to pay more then 2 of these guys some serious coin...question is what does that mean for the rest of the team?

• Does it mean that Harrison and Coples basically have no shot at staying long term?
  • Does it mean that we will not be able to spend on a QB as long as we are paying this much for DL?
  • Does it mean that once these guys are resigned our secondary and OL becomes much more draft reliant?

I can't really think of a good comparison to this scenario in recent memory, and a few teams i can think off are all teams without QB's and with losing records.

Archived