Let’s Review Some of the Remaining WR Talent

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Who would you trade up to get? I’d go get Walker, McConkey, Mitchell, Jets like Franklin & Polk, & Burton.

Pearsall taken at 31 by 49ers ( see you Aiyuk!!)

image.thumb.png.50562ef1e39376c3e3113c27778d8373.png

YARN | Ricky! | Boyz n the Hood (1991) | Video gifs by quotes | 3a21d0f5 | 紗

Ricky Pearsall went to the Niners

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

If we don't trade up (personally I don't think we will), we are potentially looking at guys like Walker,  Burton, Baker, Rice, Washington and McMillan being on the board in round 3.

Each of those guys look like nice value picks at that point. I'd probably go McMillan, but would be satisfied with any of them.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I love me some Ricky, but still in shock he went 1st round.

Same!  I did a quick review of some of the WRs that I thought we'd have a shot at in the 2nd round (because I'm expecting a trade-up) and Pearsall was the one that stood out to me.  Was hoping we'd have a shot at him.  It sounded like he was originally being mocked in the 3rd round but move up draft boards quickly. 

We came into this draft with 2 massive needs: OT and WR.  JD solved one of the issues yesterday but he needs to get the other half of the job done today.  (Tbh, we probably need 2 quality WRs but 1 at the absolute minimum).  Would love us to get Aiyuk but I don't think it's realistic.  Pearsall would've been great but I guess he wasn't realistic for us either, in retrospect.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The Jets will move up. There’s no way they will sit until the 3rd round. They got their insurance and future LT in the first round, they will use that ammo acquired from Minny to move up. The question is for who. 

We are on the exact same page. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I highly doubt the Jets move up due to the cost to get in the second.  I would however, offer the 49'ers next year's 2nd for Aiyuk.

Otherwise, they need to just find this years Puka, St. Brown, Diggs, Hill, etc.  Every year an absolute stud goes in these 3-5 rounds.  Find one.  I like Javon Baker in the 3rd/4th if available. 

One of those late 4th rounders can get them into the 2nd round.  And they did bring in a few wr prospects like wilson and franklin. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

The Jets will move up. There’s no way they will sit until the 3rd round. They got their insurance and future LT in the first round, they will use that ammo acquired from Minny to move up. The question is for who. 

Agreed.  Jets aren’t using all of their picks.  If we package 2 4ths with 72 we can probably jump up a decent amount to grab a WR in Round 2 and still have a 4th

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Right now we have the 8th pick in the 3rd round.  I don't think it's unrealistic at all that we trade up toward the bottom 1/3 of the 2nd round.  

They probably have 3-4 receivers they like grouped together. Once they start coming off the board, I'd bet JD makes a move.

Mitchell & McConkey & Franklin will probably be too rich for JD to move up. I could see Coleman, Polk, Walker & Burton grouped together. R. Wilson and Corley as Slot receivers they'd be interested in.

Johnny Wilson being a "Dark Horse" dart throw pick

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 32EBoozer said:

They probably have 3-4 receivers they like grouped together. Once they start coming off the board, I'd bet JD makes a move.

Mitchell & McConkey & Franklin will probably be too rich for JD to move up. I could see Coleman, Polk, Walker & Burton grouped together. R. Wilson and Corley as Slot receivers they'd be interested in.

Johnny Wilson being a "Dark Horse" dart throw pick

Yes, they’re going to sit for a while and then see when it makes sense to go up. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 32EBoozer said:

Who would you trade up to get? I’d go get Walker, McConkey, Mitchell, Jets like Franklin & Polk, & Burton.

Pearsall taken at 31 by 49ers ( see you Aiyuk!!)

image.thumb.png.50562ef1e39376c3e3113c27778d8373.png

Burton has off field concerns and should slide to day three, FWIW.

26 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I highly doubt the Jets move up due to the cost to get in the second.  I would however, offer the 49'ers next year's 2nd for Aiyuk.

Otherwise, they need to just find this years Puka, St. Brown, Diggs, Hill, etc.  Every year an absolute stud goes in these 3-5 rounds.  Find one.  I like Javon Baker in the 3rd/4th if available. 

Yeah I think it’s hard to find that guy but if you do you’re set. I think better chance of finding one if you take receivers at 72 and 129 than trading 129 to move from 72 to 64 and taking one there - just as an example. And I like Baker too. The depth chart beyond Lazard - who I’m not sure should make the roster - is three UDFA’s. Reasonable to beef up the depth chart a little.

We did meet with Franklin quite a bit. Burned have to move up pretty high to get him. He’s likely going in the 1st 15 picks today. And we don’t pick for 40 picks today. So if it’s a top guy like Mitchell, Franklin or McConkey… it’s going to cost us. Yoir talking our 3rd and maybe all of 3 of our 4th rounders to get there. And I don’t see that happening.

So we likely will have to wait and see who falls closer to us and maybe move slightly up if there’s a guy we love. But moving into the 1st 20 picks or so today isn’t very realistic 

21 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Right now we have the 8th pick in the 3rd round.  I don't think it's unrealistic at all that we trade up toward the bottom 1/3 of the 2nd round.  

I didn’t realize it was that high in the third for some reason I thought it was in the back of the third, they might move up now, good call out 

• Upvote 2

Just now, JustInFudge said:

Leslie, I didn’t realize it was that high in the third for some reason I thought it was in the back of the third, they might move up now, good call out 

One of those later 4th rounders can get them into the late 2nd, and that’s just one pick.  

19 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Ricky Pearsall was drafted in the 1st... 

Franklin

McConkey

Wilson

Burton

Rice 

Pats and bills likely gonna take one at the top off rd2.  I think this position is gonna be thinned out bad by time you reach 72,

• Upvote 1