Dolphins | Team interviewing Mularkey

Smizzy

Dolphins | Team interviewing Mularkey

Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:24:27 -0800

Greg A. Bedard, of the Palm Beach Post, reports former Buffalo Bills head coach Mike Mularkey is in the process of interviewing with the Miami Dolphins for the team's vacant position of offensive coordinator, an NFL source said Friday afternoon, Jan. 20.

He was damn good OC in Pittsburgh.

From what I hear, he's already been offered the job and is now thinking it over.

They'll get themselves a QB...you can bank on it.

The only QB avalible for trade, that we know of, is Billy Volek. Schaub and Garrard aren't... so their teams are saying. And the free agent crop is very slim pickings. And, they don't have a high enough pick to get one of the top three QB's. Are you suggesting they draft someone like Omar Jacobs with their first rounder? Or trading it for Schaub or Garrard?

The only QB avalible for trade, that we know of, is Billy Volek. Schaub and Garrard aren't... so their teams are saying. And the free agent crop is very slim pickings. And, they don't have a high enough pick to get one of the top three QB's. Are you suggesting they draft someone like Omar Jacobs with their first rounder? Or trading it for Schaub or Garrard?

all QB's are available to trade..its the matter of what you pay for them..LOL.

My thinking is that they'll try to work a trade of some kind...Miami's defense is built for "win now"...their vets aren't getting any younger. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they plucked a QB in the draft either.

My thinking is that they'll try to work a trade of some kind...Miami's defense is built for "win now"...their vets aren't getting any younger. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if they plucked a QB in the draft either.

I wouldn't be either... but I don't think they'll pay the price for either Schaub or Garrard. And, I'd have to believe Jacksonville and Atlanta would want a king's ransom in return for either. Other than that, I don't know of any QB's that are avalible, that would fit the "win now" criteria, save for Volek. Wouldn't suprise me to see the Fish acquire Volek and tag a QB in the middle rounds.

Which is what I said. The bolded section translates to: "Yeah, you can get them, but it's going to cost you a king's ransom to get them."

Storm, you don't think Culpepper would make a good fit? He has Florida roots and no way Minny will meet his salary demands.

Fins are in pretty good shape CAP wise.

Archived