Cornerback Depth

stoicsentry

I know we all look at the CB lineup and see a future hall of famer in Darelle Revis and a great complement in Antonio Cromartie. However, supposing those two get injured or do not perform.. then what? Our starting CBs would be Kyle Wilson and Donald Strickland. Supposing one of them doesn't live up to expectations? That would make it even worse. In that case we will probably looking at a starting tandem of Wilson or Stickland plus... who? Marquice Cole? Seriously?

Sorry, you just can't win a Super Bowl with that kind of secondary. Quarterbacks will throw all day against us.

We need to address our weakness at cornerback or we have no shot.

...kidding.

The sad part was as I was reading this I was in my head praying "please be a joke please be a joke"

I don't mean to offend anyone... or maybe I do. But, it's gotten ridiculous around here lately. I would be thinking the same thing as you if someone else posted it.

I don't mean to offend anyone... or maybe I do. But, it's gotten ridiculous around here lately. I would be thinking the same thing as you if someone else posted it.

Yeah you would think we were a perennial 4-12 team the way some people talk around here.

Yeah you would think we were a perennial 4-12 team the way some people talk around here.

The media isn't much better

Just heard Jody MacDonald (I think that's his name) on 1050 ESPN saying that if Shonn Greene doesn't step it up this year, Jets have no shot at a Super bowl. LOL, that's right, it all rests on Shonn Greene....

The sad part was as I was reading this I was in my head praying "please be a joke please be a joke"

No kidding. All I kept thinking was, "he can't possibly be serious". The may very well be the first time on this board that it turned out the person I was thinking that about actually wasn't serious. Go figure.

I know we all look at the CB lineup and see a future hall of famer in Darelle Revis and a great complement in Antonio Cromartie. However, supposing those two get injured or do not perform.. then what? Our starting CBs would be Kyle Wilson and Donald Strickland. Supposing one of them doesn't live up to expectations? That would make it even worse. In that case we will probably looking at a starting tandem of Wilson or Stickland plus... who? Marquice Cole? Seriously?

Sorry, you just can't win a Super Bowl with that kind of secondary. Quarterbacks will throw all day against us.

We need to address our weakness at cornerback or we have no shot.

...kidding.

as of right now,the jets dont have a backup tackle.none.nada.not even 1 to fill in for a quarter of a game

Archived