NFL Power Rankings

JetNation

topten.gif

JetNation Weekly Top Ten

1. Green Bay Packers (1) – The Packers continue to handle the Bears with relative ease.
  2. New Orleans Saints – (4) The Saints showed some holes, but they have only a close loss at Green Bay between them and a perfect start.
  3. Detroit Lions – (6) The Lions might have the best defensive line in the league.
  4. Pittsburgh Steelers – (7) The Steelers didn’t run or defend the run the way we are accustomed to, but they got the win nonetheless.
  5. Baltimore Ravens (10) – The Ravens hardly broke a sweat in St. Louis.
  6. Buffalo Bills (NR) – The Bills can score with anyone in the league.
  7. New York Jets (2) – the Jets have to figure out why their talented defense failed so miserably in Oakland.
  8. New England Patriots (3) – Not even Brady and company can survive four turnovers.
  9. Oakland Raiders (NR) – the Raiders are a last-second touchdown away from 3-0.
  10. Houston Texans – (5) The Texans let a huge win slip away on Sunday.

di</img>di</img>

gJKLhkdcDM0

View the full article

Pats at #8 ?

Those Mayans were right.

I would not put Steelers over Ravens for obvious reasons. Jets at #7 is generous. RIght now they would be a #10-#11 team. And realistically Pats should be at #15 (or not on the list)

Why? There are only 3 undefeated teams. Everybody else has spit at least one up. I'm with you on the Steelers. Getting demolished by the Ravens does not get erased by squeaking by the Colts. Who isn't there that you want to put ahead of the Jets and Pats? The NFC East? Maybe, but I don't see it. The Niners and Browns suck. The Chargers have a negative point differential and were smacked by the Pats. I'm not impressed with the Bucs. Maybe you could make a case for the Titans, but they are no sure thing either.

Who does these rankings? Easily the worst I've ever seen two weeks running. Is this on pupose? Post count drive campaign? 'Gotta be.

First of all, Pittsburgh must be getting rated so highly on reputation.

New England should be higher than the Jets since they lost to an undefated team and the Jets lost to a 2-1 team that lost to the undefeated team the Pats just lost to. It's logic. ;)

Packers

Saints

Lions

Ravens

Bills

Texans

Titans

Pats

Jets

Steelers

Knocking on the door: Dallas (11), Raiders (12) Bucs (13).

Why? There are only 3 undefeated teams. Everybody else has spit at least one up. I'm with you on the Steelers. Getting demolished by the Ravens does not get erased by squeaking by the Colts. Who isn't there that you want to put ahead of the Jets and Pats? The NFC East? Maybe, but I don't see it. The Niners and Browns suck. The Chargers have a negative point differential and were smacked by the Pats. I'm not impressed with the Bucs. Maybe you could make a case for the Titans, but they are no sure thing either.

I know its subjective. But i think Raiders, Texans and Titans at this point of time deserve a higher spot than the JETS.

So the Lions, Bills, Texans and Titans are all better than the Jets after 3 weeks?

Thats nice to know.

Since when have the Texans became better than the Jets? We beat Houston back in 2009, we also beat them last year. Now we're both 2-1. How are they "better" than us? All because they've beat two awful teams in Miami and Indy? Teams that have combined for an 0-6 record? When was the last time Houston made the playoffs? Exactly. But yet, this is a team that's "better" than the Jets by default, all because the Colts are without Peyton Manning. If that makes any sense at all.

And the Bills being 3-0 doesn't matter. Is this list about which team has a better record, or which team is better? Because they're not a better football team when compared to the Jets. Just look at the last 3 times we've played eachother... We've gone 3-0 while out scoring them by a score of 95-34. We also beat Buffalo during week 17 of last year, with a bunch of backups by the score of 38-7. I understand that teams improve and decline each and every offseason... But if the Bills have earned all this respect for beating the Patriots, for the first time in just about 10 years, then what about the Jets going 3-2 against NE since 2009? I guess that means nothing right?

This list is a joke, just like power rankings as a whole. The Lions have beat the Bucs, Chiefs and Vikings... But yet, are now considered to be better than the Jets? Come on. Get real already.

The 2-1 Titans are also better than the Jets? Funny.

So the Lions, Bills, Texans and Titans are all better than the Jets after 3 weeks?

Thats nice to know.

Since when have the Texans became better than the Jets? We beat Houston back in 2009, we also beat them last year. Now we're both 2-1. How are they "better" than us? All because they've beat two awful teams in Miami and Indy? Teams that have combined for an 0-6 record? When was the last time Houston made the playoffs? Exactly. But yet, this is a team that's "better" than the Jets by default, all because the Colts are without Peyton Manning. If that makes any sense at all.

And the Bills being 3-0 doesn't matter. Is this list about which team has a better record, or which team is better? Because they're not a better football team when compared to the Jets. Just look at the last 3 times we've played eachother... We've gone 3-0 while out scoring them by a score of 95-34. We also beat Buffalo during week 17 of last year, with a bunch of backups by the score of 38-7. I understand that teams improve and decline each and every offseason... But if the Bills have earned all this respect for beating the Patriots, for the first time in just about 10 years, then what about the Jets going 3-2 against NE since 2009? I guess that means nothing right?

This list is a joke, just like power rankings as a whole. The Lions have beat the Bucs, Chiefs and Vikings... But yet, are now considered to be better than the Jets? Come on. Get real already.

The 2-1 Titans are also better than the Jets? Funny.

tl:dr

Archived