Rumor: Pats are trying to trade for Jared Allen

T0mShane

<p>I bet the patriots don't get him. They cant see talent at all.They don't draft well either. In fact, they are the worst team thats ever done anything. They actually think Wes Welker, (undrafted) Tom Brady (6th round) are good when the rest of the league knew how bad they were. And since 2005, they have only drafed Ty Warren, Assente Samuel, Stephen Gostkowski, Jared Mayo, Patrick Chung, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes,</p>

<td class="default_rowsfont">

Aaron Hernandez. They are the worst team man, the Jets are the best because we one the superbowl in the 60's and are 2-3 this year. Also we are 4-14 against the patriots since Brady has been the quarterback. That makes us the best team dude. It's a great time to be a J E T S Jet Jet Jet.</td>

<p>I bet the patriots don't get him. They cant see talent at all.They don't draft well either. In fact, they are the worst team thats ever done anything. They actually think Wes Welker, (undrafted) Tom Brady (6th round) are good when the rest of the league knew how bad they were. And since 2005, they have only drafed Ty Warren, Assente Samuel, Stephen Gostkowski, Jared Mayo, Patrick Chung, Rob Gronkowski, Brandon Spikes,</p>

Aaron Hernandez. They are the worst team man, the Jets are the best because we one the superbowl in the 60's and are 2-3 this year. Also we are 4-14 against the patriots since Brady has been the quarterback. That makes us the best team dude. It's a great time to be a J E T S Jet Jet Jet.</td>

If you are going to talk $hit, at least get the html coding correct.

Max's board is pretty good. No need for paragraphs or cell tags.

How many playoff games have they won the past few years?

Also are you a bot that only speaks in html?

I's take my chances. I mean, look at Ocho....no DUI's on his resume and he's suspended (from the field!) ;)

Back to the draft....

Pats have missed and whiffed, sure...but they have hIt on some as well. For every Butler, there is a Mayo and Chung. For every Tate, there is a Hernandez and Gronkowski. For every Merriweather (who was a pro-bowler - goes to show you how stupid that can be) there is Vollmer and Solder. So, sure,the Jets have drafted better, but not that much better. Sorry, it's the truth.

You have to admit, for a while there the Pats drafts were an absolute disaster. They would have 10+ picks and have one guy still on the roster a year later. And while the excuse at the time was their team was just too good for rookies to make the squad, I think a quick look at the defense tells you that's not exactly a legitimate stance. I don't think there's any question that their past few drafts have been significantly better, but when you consider that the Pats worst drafts were probably 06 and 07, in the same years the Jets had some of their best, getting guys like Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris, that certainly influences people's line of thinking as well. There's no doubt the Pats have done a much better job these past couple of years, but it's not like they could've done much worse.

You have to admit, for a while there the Pats drafts were an absolute disaster. They would have 10+ picks and have one guy still on the roster a year later. And while the excuse at the time was their team was just too good for rookies to make the squad, I think a quick look at the defense tells you that's not exactly a legitimate stance. I don't think there's any question that their past few drafts have been significantly better, but when you consider that the Pats worst drafts were probably 06 and 07, in the same years the Jets had some of their best, getting guys like Brick, Mangold, Revis and Harris, that certainly influences people's line of thinking as well. There's no doubt the Pats have done a much better job these past couple of years, but it's not like they could've done much worse.

I can't argue with this. The argument was the draft since '06. The past couple of years have been pretty productive, I think.

BG your post has some good points.

However.......

While the team was getting old, their draft strategy, my SWAG, was to stockpile draft picks in the hopes of finding that diamond in the rough.

Seeing, outside of trades, they are drafting late first round, it is not a bad strategy to acquire more picks in the hopes some pan out.

Where I think you are right, they needed to do better. Yeah, it is not a surprise 15 of the 19 picks were useless. That was a good team with depth. So It is not surprising an Oscar Lua (7th round pick) is not winning a battle with Bruschi, Vrabel or anyone.

Meriweather was ok. Maroney was meh. Chad Jackson? Yikes.

IMHO 2008 is creeping into that discussion after Mayo. We have Matthew Slater. One catch and two huge fumbles at something he was supposedly drafted (special teams) for. Ok, it is in that group.

BG your post has some good points.

However.......

While the team was getting old, their draft strategy, my SWAG, was to stockpile draft picks in the hopes of finding that diamond in the rough.

Seeing, outside of trades, they are drafting late first round, it is not a bad strategy to acquire more picks in the hopes some pan out.

Where I think you are right, they needed to do better. Yeah, it is not a surprise 15 of the 19 picks were useless. That was a good team with depth. So It is not surprising an Oscar Lua (7th round pick) is not winning a battle with Bruschi, Vrabel or anyone.

Meriweather was ok. Maroney was meh. Chad Jackson? Yikes.

IMHO 2008 is creeping into that discussion after Mayo. We have Matthew Slater. One catch and two huge fumbles at something he was supposedly drafted (special teams) for. Ok, it is in that group.

Slater is one of the best ST guys they have...he's the ST captain (as voted by his peers) - he's the best guy they have in ST coverage, just don't give him return duty. ;)

Slater is one of the best ST guys they have...he's the ST captain (as voted by his peers) - he's the best guy they have in ST coverage, just don't give him return duty. ;)

I know.

I hate seeing him return anything. Starting to get nervous when Hernandez catches a ball and starts running.

Archived