Get Your Sombreros Out.

lancemehl

This is not about played out threads. this is not about a f---kin forum. This is about good vibes, you could say. It's about getting behind our QB. I was arguing with a friend who said Sanchez sucks..blah blah. I went to check the rankings, because I'm thinking he has definitely improved, I've seen it. He is definitely over 60%. He MUST be in the top 15 was my take. Well, when I checked, according to ESPN passer rankings this week, Sanchez was a lowly 22.

Right there I'm thinking it may be true because his comp percentage was at 56%, same as the last two 'learning' years; he didn't improve. He was down there with Joe Flacco and Josh Freeman. Wack. I was amazed.

Ah...alas, I looked closer and it is obvious. Once you take out the Ravens game, a pure debacle, where he was clobbered all game, he completed 30% of his passes for a rating of 30. That cost him 13 spots!

Once you take away that circus that was the ravens game, Sanchez has a rating of 93.25! Take away that nightmare that makes the OL cringe, that got them and a$$ chewing of a lifetime, and Sanchez ranks number 9

That's number 9 above Romo, Schaub, Vick, Rothlesberger, Mcnabb, Rivers, Cutler and a bunch more. Listen, guys, you hate my long posts, cool. But I'm not trying to sell you encyclopedias here. I'm simply trying to get you to see the truth. What I just illustrated there isn't my personal spin on anything. That' is a fact. We have a top level QB. Support this kid!! At least give him the season. Let him stretch out this one season. I say this, honestly as a crazy Jet fanatic like you all must be, I'm all in on this kid. I'm only worried about one thing and that's the New York Juggernaut media cracking his spirit. If that doesn't happen and I doubt it will really, he's gonna be big. Trust me on this. lol Have I ever steered you wrong? lol

Get the sombreros out tonite for number 9*

*minus once farce of a game

Once you take away that circus that was the ravens game, Sanchez has a rating of 93.25! Take away that nightmare that makes the OL cringe, that got them and a$$ chewing of a lifetime, and Sanchez ranks number 9

That's number 9 above Romo, Schaub, Vick, Rothlesberger, Mcnabb, Rivers, Cutler and a bunch more.

Got it. So even if we're playing in a world where it's OK to make up data, did you take out their worst games too?

and he's also completing 63.5% and averaging 262 yards and over 7.5 yards per comp minus that one slaughter against baltimore. I'm only trying to show you what you got here. lol This kid is the truth. These are stats. I'm not making this up.

I agree that you can not just take games out to suite the agenda....yeah, but that is a fact that is over-rided by common sense. If he has four games that are very close, one over 70%, two 63%, one 59% the regardless of what happens in game five, you should have an idea. In fact, to drop the lowest or to take out extreme ones like that makes for a truer result. This is fact.

This will play out the way it should be after 16 games, when everyone has a chance to get there crap game in. (although that one was pretty bad. haha) Sanchez IS a top ten QB. You heard it here stamped by LM.

So Rutgers I cant 'qoute' for some reason) but why can't you get past your preconceived notions and see what I'm saying. Read what I said about 'common sense' man. If you have four out of five samples one way.....ahhh forget it, man lol I give up. Root against your guy. We'll tally up at the end of the year. I'm not asking you to give him an award based on my data, but as a fan or a scout...the common sense data IS more appropriate. You may not see that, but trust me. It is. lol

So Rutgers I cant 'qoute' for some reason) but why can't you get past your preconceived notions and see what I'm saying. Read what I said about 'common sense' man. If you have four out of five samples one way.....ahhh forget it, man lol I give up. Root against your guy. We'll tally up at the end of the year. I'm not asking you to give him an award based on my data, but as a fan or a scout...the common sense data IS more appropriate. You may not see that, but trust me. It is. lol

Right, I'm rooting against Sanchez, clearly that's the case. These aren't preconceived notions. This is how statistical analysis works. You're self-selecting variables and subtracting them from sample averages, then arguing why the biased remainder would be more reflective of the population. Then you're attempting to do a comparative analysis with biased data without giving the same respect to everyone else. There is nothing more I'd love than for the opposite to be true.

Right, I'm rooting against Sanchez, clearly that's the case. These aren't preconceived notions. This is how statistical analysis works. You're self-selecting variables and subtracting them from sample averages, then arguing why the biased remainder would be more reflective of the population. Then you're attempting to do a comparative analysis with biased data without giving the same respect to everyone else. There is nothing more I'd love than for the opposite to be true.

lancemehl's life would be so much better right now had you failed statistics.

I may yet. Once they send you off to play with the big dogs it's kill or be killed with the level this sh*t is on. Your boy's been struggling big time.

He has been. I got faith he'll turn it around.

Tonight is step one. Mark's played well against the Dolphins even in losses so far, with the exception of the 2nd meeting last year. I think he can light them up tonight if he has 2.5 seconds to plant his feet and throw.

Rutgers (again no quote option)

Listen, honestly, man. I'm not saying you are rooting against him. That would be suggesting that you care more about your stature in some forum that you do about the team and that's nuts. But can you honestly tell me that over four games, 63%, 7.8 yards per comp, 262 yards avg. 2/1 td/int is not good?? This is not "selective data" as you say. This is the full data after four full games. During those games he threw for over 350 twice. He threw for over 70% and he had another one of his comebacks.

So through four complete games, we agree that his numbers, and even if you don't agree, they are top 10 numbers. Then there was the debacle, where the entire team, especially the OL were pathetic. He completed 30% and had a rating of 30 and got crushed all game. It sucked. He sucked, but you can not honestly tell me that leaving THAT game out, when judging what level of QB we are dealing with, does not make perfect sense. I'm sorry, man. If you think otherwise, than agree to disagree. I'm going with the idea that one set of numbers is extreme and four are pretty consistent. It could get spun either way, but I'm taking that fact, and a Sanchez highlight film from those four games to the bank. This kid is the goods.

Excellent OP lancemehl. Reminds me of a post I made a couple days ago. On October 12th to be exact. If these Sanchez critics can't get over 1 game, and look past that situation where Sanchez (or any QB for that matter) had no chance behind a depleated offensive line without our all-pro Center, well, then, that's their problem. It's not like Sanchez wasn't quarterbacking behind an O-Line that featured a 3rd string center, who wasn't with the Jets during the offseason. Yeah, Sanchez "sucks" because of the Ravens game.

He's improving. Sanchez may only have a completion % of 56.1, and an overall QB rating of 80.4, but he's performed much better than his overall numbers. Especially when you consider the fact that he's worked with 3 WR's who weren't here last year, has quarterbacked behind awful offensive line play thus far, with a run game that's been next to nothing. Now, I understand that you can't erase the Ravens game, where he went 11/35, 0 TD's/1 INT and a QB rating of 30.5, but that game against the Ravens is what has destroyed his overall numbers. I can't blame Sanchez for our game against Baltimore either. Not even Joe Montana would have performed under those circumstances. Mangold was out, our run game was awful, we had a 3rd string rookie at center, our offensive line fell apart, and Sanchez had no time to throw the football. An all around offensive disaster.

Outside of the Ravens game, overall, he's impressed. Outside of the Baltimore disaster, Sanchez has gone 86/138, 1052 yards, 8 TD's/5 INT's with QB ratings of 85.8, 88.7, 93.8 and 105.6. That's an average QB rating of 93.4 against the Cowboys, Jaguars, Raiders and Patriots. He's also improved his accuracy and completion % (outside of the Ravens). 59.1%, 70.8%, 61.4% and 61.5%. That's an average completion % of 63.2 against those 4 teams. So, outside of the Ravens games, he's had an average completion % and QB rating of 63.2% with a QB rating of 93.4. But yet, because of the Ravens game, where he stood no chance, his QB rating dropped to 80.4 and his completion % fell to 56.1. Say what you say about Sanchez during that Baltimore debacle, but it's obvious that he's improved this season, just as he improved during his sophmore season when compared to his rookie year. He's a developing franchise QB, and he's on the right track as a 3rd year quarterback.

Archived